Lets talk GEC!

Here's my 71 collection that includes a Nifebrite from 2017. What they NEED to bring back is denim micarta. I know it was an SFO but why not use it more regularly?

pOg8Bbt.jpg

Hoping I can get a micarta 73, I think it’ll make a great little using knife. The forum 86s are going to be awesome, look forward to seeing what they do with the standard production 86s as well, hoping they’re all single blades.

I was most excited by the 83s at first, but after some thought I think the 89s might be really cool, I find myself using my case doctors knife for alot of cutting jobs around the house and think this is going to have a similar feel to it.

Super excited about the 89’s such a classic pattern. Seems they will likely be single blades. Would you guys prefer a whittler or the single blade? I personally would prefer a single

view
I've been trying to hunt these down for years, still looking for a 33 conductor in goldenrod micarta. I had talked with Bill at a previous Rendezvous and he said he's never going to use this material again. He's not sure if they're branding but it's old paper micarta left over from the old Cyclops steel works.

I don't know how I feel about the 89s. I tried to find info or videos on practical uses outside of what it was originally intended for and I couldn't find any. In my mind, it's just a really nice letter opener.

I wonder how the “Glow in the Dark” Acrylic will compare to Nifebrite acrylic? I’ve been disappointed that GEC seems to have stopped using Nifebrite the last few years. That said, I’m not sure that I need an #89.

I love the #71, but I wish they were doing something more interesting than just OD and red linen Micarta.

WlXfKMC.jpg

Are you asking if they haven’t made #71’s since 2015? If so, no, there were runs in 2017 and 2018.

Totally agree, even Natural Micarta polished would be more interesting, but what's REALLY NEEDED for that pattern is a wood scaled version! Bring on Osage Orange or Zebrawood :cool::thumbsup:

My current dilemma is deciding if I should purchase the #38 Whittler in Burnt Orange Jigged Bone I have on reserve or leave it for someone else and go after the 71 Bullnose in green linen Micarta and the 83 lockback in either stag or jigged bone.

I don’t own any of these patterns yet but I can’t purchase one of each atm.

and this is why:

5Nam5YU.jpg

Back