Lets talk GEC!

Agreed. Not to mention, I don’t know many people who wear clothes that would accommodate the “button attachment thingy”. My understanding is these are supposed to attach similar to the old pocket watches - I don’t think I have ever worn something that would accommodate a pocket watch as an accessory (i.e. the vest of a 3 piece suit). Then again I am in shorts and flip flops most of the time when I’m not at work lol.

Put it on your pants button, then button your pants, drop the knife in your pocket. Wallah...

I mean yea, I work for the railroad but I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. You watch though, the bail and chain will be off the hook....No pun intended and we'll be the silly ones who didn't reserve. :(

Wouldn’t be the first (or fifth) time I kicked myself for not reserving a knife my friend. As a matter of fact, I DID reserve two of these when they were first announced and quickly changed my mind because I got cold feet about the bail and chain. So you’re probably right in stating these will become the greatest knife of all time and I’ll kick myself again!

So it looks like the bail, thus the knife, is actually attached to the chain? I'm not sure I'm crazy about this.
IMG_4179.jpg

I'm still withholding my decision on whether or not to pick up one of the bail-and-chain models until I see the final product. That bail is certainly not what I was expecting.

Put it on your pants button, then button your pants, drop the knife in your pocket. Wallah...

I am not a fashion snob/expert by any means as I have seen homeless bums who were dressed better than me at certain times. Not sure I’d be a fan of “the look” you describe though. But that’s just my opinion....and you know what those are like.....;)

Hmmm those bail and chains... I don’t know how I feel about them. Any word on if it’ll be removable? Debating between the OD green spear w/out and a more interesting handle with the chain.

Looks like you can pinch the bail open and remove it. I like it.
John, I had been thinking that same thing...but after staring at the photo for a loooong time, I'm not so sure.

If that is indeed the case, genius design.

So it looks like the bail, thus the knife, is actually attached to the chain? I'm not sure I'm crazy about this.
IMG_4179.jpg

John, I had been thinking that same thing...but after staring at the photo for a loooong time, I'm not so sure.

If that is indeed the case, genius design.

It really looks to be removable to me. It's different than any of their other bail designs.

Hmm, think that bail & chain would work on a Beer Scout? Maybe GEC could make a few extra...

Wouldn’t be the first (or fifth) time I kicked myself for not reserving a knife my friend. As a matter of fact, I DID reserve two of these when they were first announced and quickly changed my mind because I got cold feet about the bail and chain. So you’re probably right in stating these will become the greatest knife of all time and I’ll kick myself again!
I did the same thing Squidman24 lol I think if that hadn't been so many other cool options at the time I might of been a bit more adventurous :confused:o_O:eek::D

Oh, I think one will be able to remove it, I just am not sure it will have a cool "squeeze to release" feature.

Agreed. It looks like it will be sort of crimped into place, like the Beer Scout Knives.

I guess I was expecting something with a clip that attached the chain to the bail, like these:

82-019.JPG

That's exactly what I was expecting. But it looks like GEC went and tried to get "creative" on us.

So if you use the knife with the bail/chain attached to the button of your pants, and it slips out of your hand, does it become a swinging guillotine that could be headed towards your "pelvic region"? o_O

Looks to me like a springy bail that will lock on and release in a lanyard hole......thus knive removable......but I'm speculating.

r8shell r8shell
You, Me, and a LOT of other people are waiting for that #14 I'm sure.
I'm not a fan of the #14, but that one I'd like to grab.

Back