Lets talk GEC!

I figured it would be fun to dream up your ideal GEC knife
I dream of a trapper made on their new 3-1/2" #44 gunstock frame. It would have good solid clip/spay blades, not the thin muskrat style. That would be such a sweet knife.

If I'm dreaming up a GEC, right now it's a 25 with a FFG sheepsfoot main, and caplifter secondary. So a 25 Beer Scout. I would also love a 14 Beer Scout. And though I've never handled an 18, an 18 Beer Scout seems great too. I have a one track mind.

A sowbelly pushing 4" with a punch instead of a spey would really float my boat. On an existing frame? A single-spring, two-blade knife on the 98 frame would make me wet myself.
Yes, yes and yes to a medium sowbelly stockman with a punch instead of a spey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If they make a sowbelly pattern, I'd certainly want one as a "Beerbelly" with caplifter in stainless.

Glennbad modded Case
zYAQlA8.jpg

If they make a sowbelly pattern, I'd certainly want one as a "Beerbelly" with caplifter in stainless.

Glennbad modded Case
zYAQlA8.jpg
Say what?!! That is sweet.
I know what 2 knives I am tearing apart for my next project.
Can we see a closed pic please? I'd like to see how well that caplifter settles in there.

If we’re talking about knives we would like to see GEC make, I think it would be cool if they came out with a farm and field stockman in the 3 3/4 to 4 inch range on a serpentine frame with cap lifter instead of spey. Maybe in yellow delrin like the old Schrade and Camillus shadow/birdseyes. A good solid working knife. I think it might be a pretty popular one.

#15 BOYS KNIFE- Does anyone know if the clip point blade will have a nail nick or long pull? Thanks!

#15 BOYS KNIFE- Does anyone know if the clip point blade will have a nail nick or long pull? Thanks!

The GEC website had a few pictures of them stamped and ground down, they looked to be nail nicks.
I was skeptical about the nail nick on the spear point 15s, I've come around to it though. They look very handsome and I can't wait for mine to ship :)

The GEC website had a few pictures of them stamped and ground down, they looked to be nail nicks.
I was skeptical about the nail nick on the spear point 15s, I've come around to it though. They look very handsome and I can't wait for mine to ship :)

Cool, I couldn't tell from the pics a saw. It looks like the spear points are getting the nail nick as well.

I don't know why cap-lifter / screwdriver blades aren't more Prevalent. They are about the most useful blade you can put on a pocket knife... besides of course a cutting blade.

I agree, but their time has passed. Now that you can get good beer in cans, I just don't buy bottles any more.

When GEC finally does a run of Beer Scouts/Crown Lifters with clip blades the popularity is going to be off the charts.
I agree, it will be as popular as the TC or NF barlows. Since I started collecting GEC (2 years) they haven't done a run with clip points. They have done a run of beer scouts in sheepsfoot and crown lifters in sheepsfoot. The problem I think is some dealers still have crown lifters in stock. I can only imagine how fast clip points will sell. I was able to score a radio knife with clip point and crown lifter on the secondary market it's a grail and is almost the perfect knife. Besides the covers...;)

Back