1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. JB in SC

JB in SC Basic Member Basic Member

May 19, 2001
    I certainly hope so :D

2. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    A sowbelly pushing 4" with a punch instead of a spey would really float my boat. On an existing frame? A single-spring, two-blade knife on the 98 frame would make me wet myself.

L.H.S, Kiro, willc and 1 other person like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I dream of a trapper made on their new 3-1/2" #44 gunstock frame. It would have good solid clip/spay blades, not the thin muskrat style. That would be such a sweet knife.

4. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    If I'm dreaming up a GEC, right now it's a 25 with a FFG sheepsfoot main, and caplifter secondary. So a 25 Beer Scout. I would also love a 14 Beer Scout. And though I've never handled an 18, an 18 Beer Scout seems great too. I have a one track mind.

thepapercut, tmd_87 and bosh like this.
  5. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Yes, yes and yes to a medium sowbelly stockman with a punch instead of a spey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    If they make a sowbelly pattern, I'd certainly want one as a "Beerbelly" with caplifter in stainless.

Glennbad modded Case
    [​IMG]

7. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Say what?!! That is sweet.
    I know what 2 knives I am tearing apart for my next project.
    Can we see a closed pic please? I'd like to see how well that caplifter settles in there.

8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I actually goofed and sent Glenn a caplifter with the nick on the wrong side, but he made it work anyway.
    Looks really tight, but it's actually quite easy to get at, and from the mark side.

[​IMG]

9. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks!

10. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

Signalprick and JaxBaron like this.
  11. ccsavage

ccsavage

Feb 23, 2014
    Here's a couple hand fulls of my Great Eastern collection. I apologize if once in awhile i'll make a sour comment in their regard. Lets face it....We are always the hardest on the ones we love the most.[​IMG]

12. bosh

bosh

Apr 5, 2010
    I don't know why cap-lifter / screwdriver blades aren't more Prevalent. They are about the most useful blade you can put on a pocket knife... besides of course a cutting blade.

13. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    If we’re talking about knives we would like to see GEC make, I think it would be cool if they came out with a farm and field stockman in the 3 3/4 to 4 inch range on a serpentine frame with cap lifter instead of spey. Maybe in yellow delrin like the old Schrade and Camillus shadow/birdseyes. A good solid working knife. I think it might be a pretty popular one.

HeathH, Camillus, L.H.S and 3 others like this.
  14. Behr95

Behr95

Jan 23, 2018
    #15 BOYS KNIFE- Does anyone know if the clip point blade will have a nail nick or long pull? Thanks!

15. KnifeUpNorth

KnifeUpNorth

Dec 11, 2017
    The GEC website had a few pictures of them stamped and ground down, they looked to be nail nicks.
    I was skeptical about the nail nick on the spear point 15s, I've come around to it though. They look very handsome and I can't wait for mine to ship :)

16. Behr95

Behr95

Jan 23, 2018
    Cool, I couldn't tell from the pics a saw. It looks like the spear points are getting the nail nick as well.

17. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I agree, but their time has passed. Now that you can get good beer in cans, I just don't buy bottles any more.

tmd_87 likes this.
  18. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    My favorite beer is only available in bottles.
    IMG_20180506_182528_kindlephoto-264809065.jpg IMG_20180506_182702_kindlephoto-264884029.jpg

cigarrodog, btb01, Ratbert and 15 others like this.
  19. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    When GEC finally does a run of Beer Scouts/Crown Lifters with clip blades the popularity is going to be off the charts.

DelOro and tmd_87 like this.
  20. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I agree, it will be as popular as the TC or NF barlows. Since I started collecting GEC (2 years) they haven't done a run with clip points. They have done a run of beer scouts in sheepsfoot and crown lifters in sheepsfoot. The problem I think is some dealers still have crown lifters in stock. I can only imagine how fast clip points will sell. I was able to score a radio knife with clip point and crown lifter on the secondary market it's a grail and is almost the perfect knife. Besides the covers...;)

GE Jr and Kiteman72 like this.