Lets talk GEC!

As I wait, not so patiently, for the "Bails and Chains" to get released, has anyone seen one of the new 15s hit their mailbox yet?

The red linen micarta 15s, with those long pulls, are looking to be real stunners! :thumbsup:

As I wait, not so patiently, for the "Bails and Chains" to get released, has anyone seen one of the new 15s hit their mailbox yet?

The red linen micarta 15s, with those long pulls, are looking to be real stunners! :thumbsup:

I think the antique jigged bone and ebony spears are the only ones that have made it into people's hands so far. The micarta clip points look fantastic although has anyone else noticed that the long pull was cut too far and goes into the tang? To me this looks like a mistake and not something that would be intentional.

I think the antique jigged bone and ebony spears are the only ones that have made it into people's hands so far. The micarta clip points look fantastic although has anyone else noticed that the long pull was cut too far and goes into the tang? To me this looks like a mistake and not something that would be intentional.
I hadn't noticed that! It does kinda look like it might be a "whoops" of some kind.

I hadn't noticed that! It does kinda look like it might be a "whoops" of some kind.
Pretty sure that's how Charlie wanted them on the TC barlow's as mine has it. They must have carried over to the regular run. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

That's a 2016 run.

Attachments

• 15281455181992216287761402424565.jpg
    15281455181992216287761402424565.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 76
Interesting... I had one of those barlows and I do not think mine went into the tang. It went right up to it, but not well into it like the production photos of the new micarta 15s.

Interesting... I had one of those barlows and I do not think mine went into the tang. It went right up to it, but not well into it like the production photos of the new micarta 15s.
I agree with this, up to but not into.

Pretty sure that's how Charlie wanted them on the TC barlow's as mine has it. They must have carried over to the regular run. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
I sure have no idea one way or the other, haha! :)

Tiny details like that don't "make or break" a knife for me, so no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

The peachseed TC and the upcoming ancient TC both have features that extend pass the blade to the tang. The ancient swedge finishes at the tang.

I think I've read here that Charlie said that he had them run the long pull further into the tang to distinguish year of production. This was in reference to the peachseed TC clip.

I've received a suit for Jack :D

41681701265_1de0a7d7a3_b.jpg

Â

Tracking shows my ebony spearpoints (2) should arrive tomorrow. I didn't realize the micarta ones would be clip blades, with long pulls to boot, or I'd probably have ordered a black micarta one of those instead of 2 ebony spears. There's always the trade forum though...

Back