Lets talk GEC!

Aside from Charlies's SFO, the M&G is the knife I've been anticipating the most out of this run of 15s. I plan on getting one in Cocobolo, though the bone looks pretty good too.

2I2Tpst.jpg

phDtnng.jpg

Aside from Charlies's SFO, the M&G is the knife I've been anticipating the most out of this run of 15s. I plan on getting one in Cocobolo, though the bone looks pretty good too.

2I2Tpst.jpg

phDtnng.jpg

Are the M&G pre-orders, or buy as released?

Are the M&G pre-orders, or buy as released?

I don't want to get into the buying process too much but M&G does not have a preorder or early reserve mechanism. They do, however, have an email list that you can get on.

I don't want to get into the buying process too much but M&G does not have a preorder or early reserve mechanism. They do, however, have an email list that you can get on.

Thanks! To get back to the point, I think those wood covers are looking mighty fine in that picture.

I don’t think it will be an issue due to the spacing of blades and the depth of the long pull.

I personally prefer the pulls on opposite sides, but it does make some sense to put on same side.

Last edited:
There is an Ebay dealer with red linen clips available in case anyone missed the early reserves. ;)

75F4D967-3B9A-4156-87EE-2171DDF8300F.jpeg

It looks like the bail will insert to the hole drilled into the cover. Wonder how secure this is and whether the wood/bone will hold up the the stress or chip out.

2I2Tpst.jpg

phDtnng.jpg
Thanks for the info guys...got on their email list. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which cover also...both look great!

Perhaps this thread should be renamed??

Let's talk about GEC the knives (and not where to get hold of them before everybody else does?):rolleyes::rolleyes:;):D

I’ll be glad to hear how the new ancients compare to the older ones.

With The Ancients, I'm sure the quality will be same satisfying consistency. The Spear fascinates me as it reminds me of a Quill Knife and if possible it betters the original Ancient!

But I'm equally sure I won't see or handle one in this lifetime:( Bespoke are all long spoken for:D

With regard to the other releases, the jigged bone and Ebony both look very worthwhile and the Red Linen is a Hot One:D outstandingly good. Still I veer to Spear as I don't have a 15 (apart from TC Barlows...) with that blade.

The Ball and Chain or what have you ;) don't stir me at all, I prefer the shaken approach:cool:

Reactions: 353
With The Ancients, I'm sure the quality will be same satisfying consistency. The Spear fascinates me as it reminds me of a Quill Knife and if possible it betters the original Ancient!

But I'm equally sure I won't see or handle one in this lifetime:( Bespoke are all long spoken for:D

With regard to the other releases, the jigged bone and Ebony both look very worthwhile and the Red Linen is a Hot One:D outstandingly good. Still I veer to Spear as I don't have a 15 (apart from TC Barlows...) with that blade.

The Ball and Chain or what have you ;) don't stir me at all, I prefer the shaken approach:cool:

I don’t know about the chain myself—never seen a knife with one before.

I prefer clips to spears although I do think the Spears look good. I really like the look of the sheepsfoot ancient with scratted bone and the sawcut in these new spearpoints looks excellent.

The red micarta seem perfect, but I’m going to be relying on others for all of these too as I didn’t reserve any. I thought my desire to try new patterns was slowing down, but I guess that was a foolish thing to think. I have been able to swap out buying and selling so as not to put myself into a hole, which my family no doubt appreciates!

Hello,

I've the great pleasure to use, as my everyday knife, a 48 SFO Charlie Campagna .

41714896955_4d9c97d0a6.jpg

I've a technical question about it.
I've bought two of them, one for my collection and one to use it.

My problem is that this knife gives off a very unpleasant smell of something like the WD40 oil. I've tried to clean it with some acetone, vinegar ... no result .
I though it could come from the oxidation of the brass but I also use the two blades 48 on the picture and it doesn't smell like the first one .
If you have an idea :(

Â

Back