Lets talk GEC!

1 Minute Overview on the TC Ancient!

Knife Talk long form coming up soon

P3PxTV3.jpg

P.S. @waynorth these will make great users!

Last edited:
I have no ability to process what to do with that long chain, but I do love the wood covers and shield!

It is an interesting feature, for sure. I liken it to using a pocket watch which I have done on occasion in the past. Regardless, it does appear that the bail and chain is easily removed so if I do not care for it, I can do without.

I will certainly give the chain a go though. I suspect that the loop/ring will go over the button on my Levis. We shall see.

It is an interesting feature, for sure. I liken it to using a pocket watch which I have done on occasion in the past. Regardless, it does appear that the bail and chain is easily removed so if I do not care for it, I can do without.

I will certainly give the chain a go though. I suspect that the loop/ring will go over the button on my Levis. We shall see.

Or maybe it loops through your pant loop and itself, like horsewright's cowboy slip?

Or maybe it loops through your pant loop and itself, like horsewright's cowboy slip?

That is entirely possible as well. I looked at Charlie's Boy's Knife Display (many with bails and chains) at the Oregon Knife Show and I fail to recall if there was any subject matter pertaining to the wearing of said chains.

The Remington ads for chains and boys knives I have don't allude to how the chain is to be attached to the boy. Keep in mind that in the twenties and thirties, boys trousers had more buttons than the present. Suspender buttons were common, as well as tabs to adjust the waist size. Button flap rear pockets weren't uncommon either. In the South overalls were common everyday wear, with the side button(s) an ideal place to attach the chain. Even in my lifetime, kids from farms wore overalls to elementary schools located out in the county.

The Remington ads for chains and boys knives I have don't allude to how the chain is to be attached to the boy. Keep in mind that in the twenties and thirties, boys trousers had more buttons than the present. Suspender buttons were common, as well as tabs to adjust the waist size. Button flap rear pockets weren't uncommon either. In the South overalls were common everyday wear, with the side button(s) an ideal place to attach the chain. Even in my lifetime, kids from farms wore overalls to elementary schools located out in the county.

I think this is the answer. It's designed to be attached to a button. Pants, and overalls, in the past had many more buttons.

The Remington ads for chains and boys knives I have don't allude to how the chain is to be attached to the boy. Keep in mind that in the twenties and thirties, boys trousers had more buttons than the present. Suspender buttons were common, as well as tabs to adjust the waist size. Button flap rear pockets weren't uncommon either. In the rural, South overalls were common everyday wear, with the side button(s) an ideal place to attach the chain. Even in my lifetime, kids from farms wore overalls to elementary schools located out in the county.
Overalls are still common everyday wear in these parts.

Back