Let's talk Northwoods

How in the heck did you have enough time to enter the coupon code without getting your cart robbed?
LOL!! I was thinking the same thing. I had the coupon sitting on my desk and thought about it, but figured it might take too long. I did score a Micarta, so I'm happy.

Too much variation...

Just fix the cart sniping issue and they're good.

As others have mentioned...

Put it in cart and start a 5 minute timer; if the sale doesn't complete it goes back to an available status.

That kind of cart can be done, but unfortunately the developers that supply the shopping cart solutions are not interested. The available solutions provide two choices: either it vanishes via a snipe or stays there forever - and that's what retailers have to choose from. Even if you could find a developer who cares, justifying the cost to do it could be another obstacle - the dealers are not mega-stores. ...Best to move on.

Already 2 listed on eBay!!

...and one of those is using KSFs photos - a flipper whose been kicked off the BF before. Some things never change! (or will).

....and yes, it's time to move on to pics of the lucky ones!

Last edited:
This thread needs more pictures ;)
08k9raE.jpg

Kudos to Kshipfree for posting these photos. Slow typing and errors and still somehow managed to bag a giraffe. Unbelievable. Not much choosing though. Scroll down, down, down, grab one without examining both sides, hunt, peck, add to cart, jump through the hoops, hope and a prayer, literally. And thanks to all you faster keyboardists and account shortcutters for NOT putting this one in your cart, or at least not snagging it out of mine. Thanks a bunch, really appreciate it, can't tell you how much it means. RIP Derrick B. Thankful.

northwoods-heritage-jack-giraffe-bone-a-129.jpg

northwoods-heritage-jack-giraffe-bone-b-129.jpg

Back