Let's talk Northwoods

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by SadSappySucker, Feb 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

I'm loving the two Fremonts I have. The black micarta was a second that I picked up for a good price. The interesting part is the only think that I can pick out that would make it a second is the uneven patina on one side of the blade. Other than that small visual issue it is perfect and a prime candidate for a perfect EDC user.

2. okbohn

okbohn

May 26, 2006
    There was one made by Queen back before I started with Northwoods. I think it was on a Mountain Man frame.

3. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Nice Fremonts tomsch!!!

This Broadway Jack I like more each and every day and... I've had it quite awhile! :D
    [​IMG]

4. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Is it this one?

Pictures from google image search:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. spycycle

spycycle

Dec 15, 2014
    That sawcut red bone is beautiful, redsparrow! My blue camel bone is easily my favorite knife in my collection, I'll have to get some good pics of it for this thread. Surprised we don't see more Broadway Jack love...

6. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks spycycle!! Seems we should see more Broadway Jacks... what's not to love? Well sized, quality all steel construction, EZ open and an interesting blade grind. Hope to see your blue camel bone before too long.:thumbup:

7. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Derrick, the Hawthorne is going on sale in a couple days... can you tell us cover options?... any chance you have different blade options like the prior clip/warncliffe run? Thank you

Just saw the answer to my question on IG..

Giraffe, burlap, denim, red linen, stag, mammoth and I see a clip point and warncliffe

fyi

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. rdave

rdave Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    please explain what IG is and where to find it...

9. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Instagram

10. rdave

Nov 13, 2013
    geez...thanks

11. rdave

Nov 13, 2013
    I do not see prices and if the knife is GEC produced

12. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    It is made by GEC. I have not seen published prices. You can look at the prices from the prior run to get a very rough feel for price. You can also look at the most recent run of Fremonts to get a very rough feel for cost.

13. okbohn

okbohn

May 26, 2006
    they should be very consistent with prior runs. Mammoth is the only skyrocketing handle material.

These are GEC produced. The first release will be about 1/3 of the full run with the rest in about 2 weeks.

14. GunGraber

GunGraber Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Hey Mr. Bohn. It was cool to meet you at the grind in last weekend. Wanted to talk to you about the upcoming Hawethornes but never really got the chance. You're pretty popular, lol.
    Is the first release going to include all handle material options or are some materials, such as mammoth for example, going to be released two weeks from now?
    Thanks
    -Caleb.

15. okbohn

okbohn

May 26, 2006
    There will be some of all the handle materials. GEC just wasn't able to get all of them out to us at once and we wanted to get these out.

They are really beautiful. :)

[​IMG]

16. LTSweeney18

LTSweeney18 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Will these be on the main page when they are released?

17. wazu013

wazu013

Dec 14, 2011
    I was lucky to get this Broadway Jack last year from KSF.
    [​IMG]

18. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

By far my prettiest knife.

19. okbohn

okbohn

May 26, 2006
    Those were one of the least popular Northwoods and one of the ones I liked the best. They were up with the Presidential for how much I loved them. :) Nice choice.

20. bozack

bozack

Nov 8, 2005
    The Hawthorns lasted eight minutes. I was able to get two. A Denim wharnecliff and a stag clip.

M.Hatch likes this.