Let's talk Northwoods

IMG_2777_zps5gvgli66.jpg

I'm loving the two Fremonts I have. The black micarta was a second that I picked up for a good price. The interesting part is the only think that I can pick out that would make it a second is the uneven patina on one side of the blade. Other than that small visual issue it is perfect and a prime candidate for a perfect EDC user.

I wonder if we will ever see a Northwoods GEC made lockback. I'm sitting here looking at my GEC 72 and found myself wondering what it would look like in black camel bone with an arrowhead shield...

There was one made by Queen back before I started with Northwoods. I think it was on a Mountain Man frame.

Nice Fremonts tomsch!!!

This Broadway Jack I like more each and every day and... I've had it quite awhile! :D

Nice Fremonts tomsch!!!

This Broadway Jack I like more each and every day and... I've had it quite awhile! :D
That sawcut red bone is beautiful, redsparrow! My blue camel bone is easily my favorite knife in my collection, I'll have to get some good pics of it for this thread. Surprised we don't see more Broadway Jack love...

Thanks spycycle!! Seems we should see more Broadway Jacks... what's not to love? Well sized, quality all steel construction, EZ open and an interesting blade grind. Hope to see your blue camel bone before too long.:thumbup:

Derrick, the Hawthorne is going on sale in a couple days... can you tell us cover options?... any chance you have different blade options like the prior clip/warncliffe run? Thank you

Just saw the answer to my question on IG..

Giraffe, burlap, denim, red linen, stag, mammoth and I see a clip point and warncliffe

fyi

Last edited:
please explain what IG is and where to find it...

Derrick, the Hawthorne is going on sale in a couple days... can you tell us cover options?... any chance you have different blade options like the prior clip/warncliffe run? Thank you

Just saw the answer to my question on IG..

Giraffe, burlap, denim, red linen, stag, mammoth and I see a clip point and warncliffe

fyi

I do not see prices and if the knife is GEC produced

It is made by GEC. I have not seen published prices. You can look at the prices from the prior run to get a very rough feel for price. You can also look at the most recent run of Fremonts to get a very rough feel for cost.

It is made by GEC. I have not seen published prices. You can look at the prices from the prior run to get a very rough feel for price. You can also look at the most recent run of Fremonts to get a very rough feel for cost.

they should be very consistent with prior runs. Mammoth is the only skyrocketing handle material.

These are GEC produced. The first release will be about 1/3 of the full run with the rest in about 2 weeks.

they should be very consistent with prior runs. Mammoth is the only skyrocketing handle material.

These are GEC produced. The first release will be about 1/3 of the full run with the rest in about 2 weeks.

Hey Mr. Bohn. It was cool to meet you at the grind in last weekend. Wanted to talk to you about the upcoming Hawethornes but never really got the chance. You're pretty popular, lol.
Is the first release going to include all handle material options or are some materials, such as mammoth for example, going to be released two weeks from now?
Thanks
-Caleb.

There will be some of all the handle materials. GEC just wasn't able to get all of them out to us at once and we wanted to get these out.

They are really beautiful. :)

17434719_10155076742449493_2344284326372399943_o.jpg

The Hawthorns lasted eight minutes. I was able to get two. A Denim wharnecliff and a stag clip.

Back