Like a phoenix? CSC is reborn...

finally took all of them out to look at and coonfinger

here are all of em together,
VdWiI2k.jpg

here opened,
LJBvusV.jpg

digging that half stop, something about it separates it from the others, added touch!

some of that centering
evk44a6.jpg

Now about the new ones.

Loved how the cocobolo came out with its nice rich color and pinned CS shield. The only thing wrong was a small gap between scale and bolster, but not a huge deal.
Hai3TUy.jpg

and the now on to the stag

loving the half stop, which is a classy touch!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

but the slabs was what detracted.
Gj7maPd.jpg

R01AgQ3.jpg

usually a fan of nice chunkier stag, but stag is a tough material to source. My Eric's jack up top has some thin parts but overall chunky.

Thanks again @ea42 for the great work and dedication, and especially for selling me that golden g10 boys knife during the rendezvous. Was hunting for one for ages! Still wondering if I should have it switched to a clip :p:rolleyes:

j8BtJEa.jpg

Here it is next to its buddies:

kTWIcKN.jpg

And with a Lon Humphrey Whitetail:

1zHcRPE.jpg

Although the covers on mine aren't a great match (the other side is pretty much smooth—I don't even want to show it to the world!), and although the construction and grind are a tad less refined than my other Boy's knives (just by a small margin), I'm still extremely happy with it. The centering is perfect, the pull is strong, it feels amazingly secure in the open position (a lot more so than my clip point ones), and it is quite sharp. (The one silver lining to having poorly matched covers is that it's like having two knives in one!)

Considering the price, and all the labor that went into these (just look at some of Eric's photos in this thread above), I think this is a great value. I'm excited to see CSC getting things up and running smoothly again, and look forward to what's in store for the future.

From looking at the recent pictures, is the basic difference between the Eric's Jack knife and this stag boy's knife, the blade shape? Thanks.
Larry

Well...my anticipation was quite high based on all the photos I've seen and the long wait but I guess I'm not always going to win the stag lottery. Show side looks great though :thumbsup:
View attachment 1106936
View attachment 1106937
View attachment 1106938

That butt is thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.

I like big stag, and I cannot lie.

Definitely not everybody’s taste, but I think it looks quirky and awesome. That’s the kind of knife that should have its own name.

Definitely not everybody’s taste, but I think it looks quirky and awesome.
I agree :) I'm a little OCD so the uneven aspect catches my eye but I do appreciate the one-offs and it is a beautiful knife for sure.

That Phat Stag should make for very comfortable in the hand feel though:thumbsup: Important in use. Blade centre looks a bit wayward mind, or it could be my eyesight which is admittedly poor lately.

That Phat Stag should make for very comfortable in the hand feel though:thumbsup: Important in use. Blade centre looks a bit wayward mind, or it could be my eyesight which is admittedly poor lately.
I love some phat stag just prefer it to be the same on both sides to appeal to the OCD and balanced Libra in me. I fully accept the risk of unmatched stag when I purchase without seeing first in-person but have had pretty good luck for the most part.
The blade favors the pile side liner a tad but that doesn't bother me. I do love the knife just a little unique is all :) Looking forward to the Ironwood :thumbsup:

So. This arrived on my doorstep today.

aWquWPa.jpg

10pSs5E.jpg

And all I can say is: :eek::eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a stunner! The pile side in particular is something to behold. Eric really knocked this one out of the park. Fit and finish is top notch. The pull is right around a 5, which makes it lighter than the other three Co-op knives I've handled, but I'm a-okay with that. The snap is good in both directions, and it makes the blade easily pinchable. Plus, I've got arthritis of the autoimmune variety, so I'll take lighter pulls where I can get them.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about this one. Consider me one very happy camper!

A final interesting detail: the pin that came with this knife has a slightly different finish than the pin that came with my stag knife.

aeAQBvF.jpg

So. This arrived on my doorstep today.

aWquWPa.jpg

10pSs5E.jpg

And all I can say is: :eek::eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a stunner! The pile side in particular is something to behold. Eric really knocked this one out of the park. Fit and finish is top notch. The pull is right around a 5, which makes it lighter than the other three Co-op knives I've handled, but I'm a-okay with that. The snap is good in both directions, and it makes the blade easily pinchable. Plus, I've got arthritis of the autoimmune variety, so I'll take lighter pulls where I can get them.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about this one. Consider me one very happy camper!

A final interesting detail: the pin that came with this knife has a slightly different finish than the pin that came with my stag knife.

aeAQBvF.jpg

nice!!! did the ramshorn come with half stop? wonder if any one snagged all the offerings

Yep, half-stop just like the stag version.

I think I've managed to snag all the Co-op boy's knife offerings so far. Unless CSC has done some small, private type SFOs that the general public doesn't know about.

Shurke,
I like your Ram's Horn! I wish I could of snagged one. I know Eric showed a picture of three of them, I wonder if that is all that he made?
Larry

Thanks!

If it's any indication, Red Hill shared another picture on Facebook showing the same three ram's horn knives. Makes me think that's probably all there are.

Thanks!

If it's any indication, Red Hill shared another picture on Facebook showing the same three ram's horn knives. Makes me think that's probably all there are.
RHC site says they made 5 but that was the initial estimate at the time they posted them for reserve. Some of the other numbers are close but not exact either and I think it varied a tad. For example, I think it said there were 10 cocobolos but only 9 ended up available if I recall. I am pretty certain it is just those 3 ram's horns.

Well Shurke has the top knife in the Rams horn group shot and I have the middle one...who ended up with he bottom knife in that picture I wonder?

Back