Madison Barlow Give Away. ***Winner***

Thank you for your generosity Derrick. I saw another poster suggest a Northwoods Peanut. I think that would be a great combination.

I also would like to see another run of the Fremont Jacks in Green Bone and Blue Bone (with clip point and wharncliff like the Hawthorne). I missed out on the Blue ones when they came out. That is what drew me to start purchasing several more Northwoods.

What patterns would you like to see? What is your grail knife that you have always wanted but never can find any more?.

I want a small to medium size (under 4 inches closed) four-blade congress: large sheepfoot, small pen, small coping. The fourth blade should be a large pen or large spey.

imgres_zps0b130921.jpg

congress_zps290daa4d.jpg

Thanks for the GAW, Derrick. But more than that, thanks for asking for our input!

Thanks for the chance - I´m in!

I´d like to see a Scout Pattern, like the old Kamp Kings. They would make a great knife :) It is so darn useful to carry screwdriver, awl, bottleopener and blade in one package.

So many things I would like to see....

Large Swell Centre Moose....in a nice black ebony. That would be my top choice.

Something small and robust, maybe based on the GEC #25 EO.

Those would be winners to me!

Thanks for teh GAW!

Way to go Derrick, very nice!.....I do have a great Madison Barlow, so I'll skip my entry, but I too would like to suggest the #85 frame. Just doesn't seem right for Northwoods not to have a teardrop. ;) Spear with secondary sheepsfoot/coping! Thanks!

Whatever happens please make more camel bone Bullet Jacks! :D Love that little guy.

Good luck all!

Not an entry, but thanks for running this awesome GAW, Derrick!
Don't really see a Northwoods in my future, but if I were just dreaming, I like the scout/camper idea many have suggested. But I'd like it configured sort of like a Vic Recruit, with a spear main blade, a sheepsfoot or Wharncliffe secondary blade (instead of a pen), and a screwdriver/caplifter. And instead of a can opener, a saw or an awl or even a Phillips screwdriver.

- GT

Thanks so much for the chance Derrick...Northwoods are amazing, seems to be all I buy lately.

Dare I suggest a dressy fixed blade clip, nickel silver bolster/guard with Blue Camel Bone in 1095?!??!!!

I'm in and thanks. Gorgeous knife.
I would like to see a trailing point blade like the one in the GAW knife, and its mirror image as a wharncliffe/lambsfoot on the other end of a single spring. Both at or just under 3". Straight backspring so you don't get the hunchback effect of an equal end die. I think I mean a swell-center handle.

Wow very generous! What a gorgeous knife! I would love to see a larger version of the Texas Jack. Maybe around 3.75-4". A good working knife. Something with a serpentine frame, arobust main blade with a small wharncliffe secondary for those little jobs. Some saw cut Delrin scales for something water and oil resistant but gives more grip than smooth covers.

Derrick:

I have an idea that is a melding of many things. Use your imagination here. Northwoods historically sold a medium/large gunstock of the Queen Cutlery Co. You, Knives Ship Free, have made famous the single spring-wide bladestock-spear shape with a beautifully stamped Northwoods logo overtop of a non-polished heat treat.
Here it is. Imagine the blade from the Burnside inside a 3 1/2" gunstock. Would Queen be up to putting a blade shape/form that GEC has been putting into your SFO's, or perhaps even better, would GEC produce a large gunstock to house the Burnside's spear? You'd sell them all, I am most sure. Want to see what it would look like????
KeenKutter3_zps22351656.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Josh

Love the above Idea of Gunstock with a fat daddy Spear point. Like this maybe? Single blade. Choose whatever on the handle material. Make it sweet, pinched bolsters and whatever. Example below except no pen blade. For sure... swedge on both side and a more leafy spear point.

64004784-CDD9-4561-AF96-43518BA0F3F9_zpsqsukjrnj.jpg

How about something built on GEC's #15 or #47 frames? (Two of their more popular products)

How about a Northwoods Bullet Jack with a cap lifter 2ndary slipped in? Great for watch pocket carry and would be a lot more fun than a SAK. Make sure it's offered in bone so it would keep the thickness in the pocket reasonable.

I'd love to see either an Indian River Jack in stag, or a medium size trapper with a clip and a wharncliff rather than a spey - also in stag!

Thanks I am! I would love to see a traditional scout/camp pattern as well. Something in jigged bone handles.

IMG_3902wa_zps62d65331.jpg

I'd love to see a Northwoods with stainless blades.

I'd love a Northwoods that has modern high performance, low maintenance materials in a classic hard working pattern done in the Northwoods style.

A single blade trapper a la the Scagel style with the cutout in the blade, but in stainless would be awesome.

A traditional scout pattern would be awesome,

So would adding this:

Onto this:

The Hawthorne is quickly becoming one of my favorites. If you give me a saw blade with it..........it would never need to leave the woods!

And more smooth bone offerings. Smooth bone looks so good with age!

Onespdfrk - that is it my friend. I thought the old E.C. Simmons that I posted would draw Derrick ' s attention, but your graphic is exactly what I imagined. Nice work!

A Muskrat with a clip point and a wharncliffe blades. Around the size of the Conductor.

A sodbuster or hawthorne in smooth oiled rams (or perhaps cow horn) would be just the ticket also. I like horn on bareheaded knives as it shows off the grain a bit and lets more light pass through the horn for a nice effect.

Back