March BOTM <117 COCOBOLO 154CM>

I was just about to text you if you needed assistance grabbing one. :thumbsup:
you're the best Jeff. really appreciate that. I pulled it off though thanks to that PayPal idear.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 154cm very similar to 440c in the steel composition? Seems I read that somewhere. I still might take the plunge. Is sucker on my forehead too? Lol

If I read this link correctly, 154CM is superior to 440C.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/is-154cm-better-than-440c.388570/

yes 154cm was in a way almost like an early super steel before super steels. It has been known kinda as an upgrade to 440c. which isn't a bad at all stainless steel for cutlery, if done right.

the cpm 154 version takes it a step further and produces a better result on carbide size and distribution to 154cm.

Looks like it would be a great user. Good steel and durable handle material. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately?), Buck has been spoiling me with the solid wood lately and I just don’t have much interest in laminates these days. :(

Well since they sold out it would appear there’s some interest in the 117. Maybe Buck could do some regular production 117 and some pro versions as well. I like my 117, it’s a nice size for general utility and camping but I think it excels as a fishing knife. It’s the same size as the 118 personal but with a clip point which I find more useful and I think it has a more natural centerline and directing it through meat or fish is just like pointing my finger.

I got home about 730, saw this, went to the website and foiled again. no such luck, sold out.

Back