• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

May have bought a clone here.

You don't need an account to use tinypic.com and it's pretty straightforward.

Use the Choose File button to select a photo on your computer, add tags or use resize options if you want, then click the green Upload Now button. In the next window copy the url and tags under IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards and paste that into your reply here.

42699027354_3b52ab2c7a_c.jpg

Hope that helps!
Appreciate it. If someone else wants to do this go ahead.

As I've learned if I want my money back I have to contact PayPal. My time is worth something, sorry.

I don’t think anyone is saying that you violated any rules, just that leaving negative feedback and blasting someone on GB&U before they have had the time to respond to you is a bit uncouth.

Lol I missed this...I'm an uncouth mother I guess...

I've been called worse.

So does anyone know a mod of this forum O onehunter violated rules of the feedback thing... I'm not even sure why I got negative feedback? I guess he was mad...

Lmao...this just got funny.

Genuine ZT 0450 boufgt from jgang 3 weeks ago. Knife sold as described with pictures.

Yeah that's definitely against rules bud. Trust me I read them.

So does anyone know a mod of this forum O onehunter violated rules of the feedback thing... I'm not even sure why I got negative feedback? I guess he was mad...

Lmao...this just got funny.

Genuine ZT 0450 boufgt from jgang 3 weeks ago. Knife sold as described with pictures.

Yeah that's definitely against rules bud. Trust me I read them.

You posted negatively in the sales thread. You need to learn how the exchange works.

The original thread has never been deleted as funky419 claims. The knife is or was in great shape. Not horrible with ding everywere, scales hard use or pocket clip hard use as funky419 claims in first post. CHECK OUT the post yourself. Go to the first post in this thread and click on the blue link. More pictures of the knife from jgang thread posted on Jan 23 who I purchased it from. It's all there, pictures and descriptions. See for yourself who is telling the truth. I have been a member in good standing for years and I would sell a clone to make a few bucks and ruin my feedback reputation? No Way and neither would jgang who I bought it from 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Please post I will take it and message me to purchase. Free shipping to CONUS ONLY. I pay PayPal Fees also.

But you still used F&F?? Go figure but that's on you.
> To: jones jones
> Subject: Re: ZT0450
>
> Yes it has the original box. It has been nicely resharpened with no scratches.
> ---- jones jones <outdoorfunk11@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I was just wondering if you had the box? Also is the sharpening choil or any part of the blade have Knicks from sharpening it? It will be a user but I've bought knives in the past where they have put gouged all over the blade from sharpening

You asked about a box and "nicks" and gouges on the choil or blade. He responds that there's a box but, instead of responding explicitly to your query about "nicks," he responds that its "nicely resharpened with no scratches." I guess one could take that to mean that there are no "nicks" either but you never ask for any clarification regarding the knife's condition or for a few more pictures? That's also on you.
I reached out to him an over and hour ago. His profile page onehunter shows activity and other messages. Then I found the thread in which I bought it and the description is gone.

So you waited a whole hour for him to get back to you before leaving negative feedback and then starting this GB&U thread? You complain because the seller responds in kind? Sorry but IMHO that kind of obnoxious behavior is on you too.
So is it a clone? I don't know... Is maybe the scales real one stand off real, then the blade and everything else from a clone? I don't know.

You start a thread in GB&U complaining that you may have bought a clone fraudulently represented as genuine. But, it looks like you started the thread after you'd already given the seller negative feedback and before even ascertaining whether or not it was, in fact, a clone. Once again - that's on you.
Anyways upon inspection it is nearly recurved, the sharpening isn't even and the choil is marred.

I should give a detail of the description since he deleted it.
Zt 0450 s35vn steel nicely sharpened excellent condition deep carry clip

Well its in horrible condition dings everywhere. Pocketbclip is in terrible shape, that's not a big though. But the scales have some hard use wear.

OK. Maybe it's as bad as you say and the seller totally misrepresented the condition of the blade but, if that's the case, prove it because it's not showing up in the pictures on either of the sales threads. Blade "nearly recurved?" Sorry, not seeing it.

The seller has since responded and is stating unequivocally that the knife was as he described it and that you already had it in your possession for 4 days before deciding on the nuclear option. And now you're claiming that you just don't have the time to waste posting any pics of the knife in question (after being given pretty simple, straightforward instructions on how to do so) but we should just believe you and not him regardless. Sorry but you started this so it's on you to make your case.
The knife wasn't as advertised. Iant that what feedback is for?

Not when you jump the gun like that and go all hair-on-fire before even exchanging any communication with the other party involved. If you want us to believe the knife was not as described you'll have to post some pictures and tell us whether you handled, used or perhaps tried to sharpen the blade during the 4 days it was in your possession and before you decided you weren't happy with it.

Maybe you guys can still work this out but you sure haven't helped make a positive outcome any more likely by handling it the way you have so far. Live and learn. Best of luck.

I put funky419 on my ignore button the day I sent him the tracking#. He emailed me complaining with a snarky condescending attitude that I shouldn't put the tracking # in the message section because someone might steal his knife! I don't wish to do business with someone with that kind of negative attitude. Why would anyone literally leave negative feedback 5 minutes after only one email to me asking for a refund with no explanation??? Especially after saying " I like to be private and use email" from post #5 of this thread. Ruzster also sees inconsistencies in your claims (post #48). So does Grenock (post # 51). I'm seeing a pattern here.

Last edited:
The Native 5 that I purchased from the same thread arrived in perfect condition just a couple of days after the transaction. Everything exactly as described. If it's a clone, it's a good one. I'm happy and would certainly trade with onehunter again.

Funky, dude, you gotta step back and see how you are coming across on this....

He did answer. He was quite annoyed because I didn't like using profile messages. I like to be private and use email. Not a paying member atm.

He said "nicely sharpened"

If you want to be private, be an active, paying member of this forum and use the PM system.

A deal did happen

I would definitely recant if I get what I paid for.

I still want this knife. Just in the condition I bargained for with the necessary extras.

I waited until I noticed him ignoring me and deleting the post. I assume he blocked me as well. His communications were terrible. How do you sell and not know that A LOT of people don't want tracking posted on their profile.

I apologize but the fact that if he does except a return that means I have to go out of my way to go to post office and return this. This is causing me much issues which I would like to inform others about. Which is what I think the feedback system is and about.

Again, use the PM system here. He is one here to sell a knife through the forum, if he chooses to only communicate through the forum, he will have to do it however he can, in this case, via your profile post. You want a refund but don't want the hassle of having to go to the PO to send the knife back? Come on, man!

How its 3ish % either way. I'm going to plead insanity and tell them I wasn't sure what I was doing because I wasn't. He wasn't a business. I thought that's what gs are for.

You don't want to contact PP and make and attempt to do this, they will likely terminate your account for misusing their product.

Weird. Guess I should read it. Would think that if anything would cause a negative feedback it would be marking something it is not or bad communication.

In the four or so years you have had an account, up until this drivel of a thread, all but three of your posts have been in the exchange. Yes, if that is the type of forum user you plan to be, you should get very familiar with the exchange rules and how the feedback system works by reading them.

I can try, will have to be tomorrow at some point. Friend of mine has a newer Samsung. As I've stated I think the scales are real.

Without literally grinding them I can't say they are titanium but a magnet doesn't stick and its aluminum is a dumb choice.

This post looks like you are starting to capitulate to me.

I will upload pics tomorrow...but time isn't free guys wtf

You'll do the thing, but maybe you can't be bothered, yet, you have the time to start this thread, keep checking it and continue posting.

Lol yeah...i have images and ill email them but im not creating an account andd this jazz for $100 knife i already have 5 hours invested into. Sorry

Again, trying hard to explain why after four years, you do not want to be a paying member, which would take less time to do than the time it has taken you to create all this mess.

I appreciate it. I know how if someone wants them they can email me. Already posted. Not changing anyrhing anyways

So now we have to care more about this and put more effort into getting answers than you do? You are losing steam quick here.

Appreciate it. If someone else wants to do this go ahead.

As I've learned if I want my money back I have to contact PayPal. My time is worth something, sorry.

Again, you want us to do the work for you now and as I said above, Paypal will not be sympathetic to your issue because you already misused their service.

All that said, you know some of the mistakes you made on this deal. I hope you learn from them. You have also done nothing to substantiate your claims that you did not receive the knife as pictured. Your best course of action at this point would be to back out of this. Lock this thread, change the title and undue the negative feedback you left for the seller with the help of a mod.

Onehunter - You know you shouldn't take F&F, in this case, it is the only nit I can pick with your side. Sometimes, you just gotta take one for the team from the crazies, and go the high road. If you could somehow see to undo this deal, get your knife back and then refund this guy, you would certainly go a long way toward eliminating any tarnish this deal put on your reputation. If you choose to do nothing, I understand that as well.

My two cents guys, worth less than half that.

Closed until I've had time to look at this.

Edit: Thread open.

F funky419
Until some decent pictures of the ZT are posted it will be impossible to tell whether it's a clone or not.

As far as feedback goes, a deal was completed and both members left feedback... within the rules.

The original thread has never been deleted as funky419 claims.
It wasn't deleted but was edited out, not much difference between the two. I've since restored it, it's viewable now.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/1-zt-4-spydercos-1-benchmade.1641135/

Link to the original sales thread where O onehunter purchased the ZT with description and pictures.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/zt-0450.1638189/

Wow. I can say that I will be avoiding the OP . Regardless of what turns out to be true with the knife and seller, it's simply wrong to leave negative FB before you even give the seller a chance to respond and make it right . Then to flame post here immediately and make accusations about a fake (when he states he doesn't know himself) is just telling about a person . No one appreciates getting let down on a purchase - I get it - but it 's not proper to seek resolution in this manner so quickly . I am not giving the seller a pass by any means, but I already know the OP is wrong here.

Leaving feedback and GB&U threads, both positive and negative are important information for the Forum. Negative feedback and GB&U threads should however be substantiated with verifiable evidence and done only after all efforts to resolve have been exhausted, not emotional reaction or vengeance. Otherwise they are of little use to the rest of us. IMO
I would still like to see the evidence for this claim

Last edited:
Leaving feedback and GB&U threads, both positive and negative are important information for the Forum. Negative feedback and GB&U threads and should however be substantiated with verifiable evidence and done only after all efforts to resolve have been exhausted, not emotional reaction or vengeance. IMO
I would still like to see the evidence for this claim

Exactly.

I know its my problem. I am actually going to a knife show tomorrow, so I should be able to have an authenticated 0450 to lay side by side.

As ice said in my heart I think its real. But the box not having original sticker and the two different color stand offs is not normal. I have pics and if someone wants to go through the trouble in posting its all you. There's nothing more this forum can do for me. I will email. You can tell the stand offs are different, very slight and easier to see in person but the picture shows. Its kind of as if one was anodized and one has a coating.

If I had to guess, either a clone and real or maybe two reals with vastly different manufacturing dates, were taken down and cleaned together and parts interchanged. I don't know.

I guess I will see when I go to the show tomorrow.

And no the negative feedback rules clearly state something into the effect of giving bad feedback because of your two cents. Really I don't care but what he did is clearly wrong. Again I know in my heart I did nothing wrong. Maybe.. A little excited to receive a knife as it has been years but giving someone a head ups that its not a good thing to post tracking info publicly... I thought I was doing him a solid.

Outdoorfunk11 at hotmail

Last edited:
A deal did happen

/QUOTE]

Every place but here there was an enforceable deal. Here, if the money was refunded, there was no "deal" and no formal feedback can be left. If that does not suit, do not expect to use feedback here and remain a member. The owner who keeps this forum operating makes the rules.

As for using F&F for a purchase, that's cheating, and reflects on you.

Every place but here there was an enforceable deal. Here, if the money was refunded, there was no "deal" and no formal feedback can be left. If that does not suit, do not expect to use feedback here and remain a member. The owner who keeps this forum operating makes the rules.

See post #53.

Back