• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

May have bought a clone here.

What's it cheating?
I apologize I didn't know. Generally I've noticed the seller specifies usually On Instagram its generally stated as " PayPal if g&s add 3-4%"

Maybe it should be included in the sales add, how the price has to be there. I know its expected that people read stickies. Unless they pop up(which other forums do for important stuff..this forum has pop ups for non paid members as well) generally people don't take the time to meticulously read and remember them. I read them years ago but as I said took a few year break from any receiving or selling.

Anyways I'm over responding to the same things.

Please don't quote me unless you have something to add to the topic.

Thanks in advance.

What's it cheating?
I apologize I didn't know. Generally I've noticed the seller specifies usually On Instagram its generally stated as " PayPal if g&s add 3-4%"

Maybe it should be included in the sales add, how the price has to be there. I know its expected that people read stickies. Unless they pop up(which other forums do for important stuff..this forum has pop ups for non paid members as well) generally people don't take the time to meticulously read and remember them. I read them years ago but as I said took a few year break from any receiving or selling.

Thanks in advance.

Paying F&F cheat PayPal out of the fee they earned by the buyer and seller using their service. The seller is supposed to pay the fee when they sell a good. They are also not supposed to have a surcharge, which asking for a certain percentage is considered.

Pay any applicable fees for receiving the funds.
Not ask your buyer to send you money using the “send money to a friend or family member.” If you do so, PayPal may remove your PayPal account’s ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Unless they are interpreting the rule different now, it is the oddity of the rule. If no refund is asked for or given the parties can leave feedback, and that is how things stand here at this point. If a refund was made they can not leave the feedback-no money lost. This creates the problem, that if they leave feedback immediately and resolve afterward they are technically in violation of the rule.
If I have any part of that wrong, please correct me and of course I welcome Boru13's opinion on this.

My feedback? So you can give someone feedback based on feedback? And not on the deal from the thread?
Ok

What?

I was responding to the member that said feedback wont apply to this case. It does, a mod said so and they are the law.

Last edited:
My feedback? So you can give someone feedback based on feedback? And not on the deal from the thread?
Ok
No-that is retaliatory feedback, but the seller is claiming he has reasons for the feedback due to your behavior during and/or after the sale.

Unless they are interpreting the rule different now, it is the oddity of the rule. If no refund is asked for or given the parties can leave feedback, and that is how things stand here at this point. If a refund was made they can not leave the feedback-no money lost. This creates the problem, that if they leave feedback immediately and resolve afterward they are technically in violation of the rule.
If I have any part of that wrong, please correct me and of course I welcome Boru13's opinion on this.

The rule was reworded a few years back to make it somewhat less ambiguous.

Here's how the contentious part reads now:
As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along.

Not out money OR money hasn't changed hands. Money did change hands.

What's it cheating?

Thanks in advance.

It is cheating PayPal. You broke the terms you agreed to when you signed up for an account with them buy purchasing an item using F&F, therefore, cheating them out of the profit they were supposed to make on your use of the service. The fact that you don't recall or choose to plead ignorance is irrelevant. Throwing you a bone here, the seller is equally at fault in this for making the sale under those terms.

Ok

You left feedback that in essence said be warned, this guy is a dishonest seller. He left feed back for you that in essence said be warned, this guy is a dishonest buyer. What part of that do you not understand?

F funky419
Until some decent pictures of the ZT are posted it will be impossible to tell whether it's a clone or not.

As far as feedback goes, a deal was completed and both members left feedback... within the rules.

It wasn't deleted but was edited out, not much difference between the two. I've since restored it, it's viewable now.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/1-zt-4-spydercos-1-benchmade.1641135/

Link to the original sales thread where @onehunter purchased the ZT with description and pictures.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/zt-0450.1638189/

Thanks for the reply.

I know that pictures need to be posted in order to tell its a clone. But as of now I have 5+ hours invested in this. I have posted my email (outdoorfunk11 at hotmail) and if someone wants me to send them pics they can post them. There's not much this forum can do for me. So I don't see any need to post pics or argue my points here anymore. Seems most people here are negative.

If my negative rep must stay that's fine but I thought onehunters reason for it was against rules. Seemed like he just gave me negative rep to get back at me because i gave him negative rep. No solid reason pertaining to any deal we've made. But I digress.

Going to a knife show tomorrow and hopefully can figure out some answers and see if it is indeed a clone.

I posted this earlier..

What?

I was responding to the member that said feedback wont apply to this case. It does, a mod said so and they are the law.

No-that is retaliatory feedback, but the seller is claiming he has reasons for the feedback due to your behavior during and/or after the sale.

Funky, please disregard the "What?" in my post above. I read your response but it's quite clear meaning escaped me somehow.

If his negative feedback is due to some aspect of how you handled the transaction, then it stands. If it is as you say, and a feedback left because of your feedback, then Peter Hartwig is correct and that would fall under retaliatory feedback which is against the rules.

The rule was reworded a few years back to make it somewhat less ambiguous.

Here's how the contentious part reads now:
As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along.

Not out money OR money hasn't changed hands. Money did change hands.
And whether its real or not my time is worth something and I'm out lots of time on this. If he did refund me my money that's more time to get it back to him. This is just a lost cause and waste of my time. Just have to see what tomorrow brings and decide to call PayPal or my bank. Simple as that.

I hope its real.

Funky, please disregard the "What?" in my post above. I read your response but it's quite clear meaning escaped me somehow.

If his negative feedback is due to some aspect of how you handled the transaction, then it stands. If it is as you say, and a feedback left because of your feedback, then Peter Hartwig is correct and that would fall under retaliatory feedback which is against the rules.
I'm not sure. I'm posting on a phone and prob didn't fully delete something from before. They automatically save incomplete messages as drafts.

Well just read my negative feedback and it should give u all the info you need

" I didn't send you a clone"

Thanks for reply .I did pay f and f bc I have never had any issues here. While I do and would like to think its legit. The stand offs should not be different colors.
If you were asked to pay F&F, that should have raise a red flag. Otherwise voluntarily paying F&F is to cede your own purchase protections.

Last edited:
Funky, you have offered nothing to substantiate your claims that the knife was not as advertised. Now, you have the pictures that will back up your claim, but want someone else who paid for a subscription to post them for you. You want all the benefits of being an invested member of the forum without actually paying for it. That is not reasonable.

The only thing I any of us can take as fact is that you are unhappy with the purchase for some reason and that you and the seller misused PayPal. Beyond that, nothing has been verified on your side and apparently don't want to make any effort to do any of the things that may get this resolved. You are making it hard for the members here to get on your side and help you since you haven't done anything to help yourself.

Ok

All I know is anybody reading this who trades heavily is likely to now have you on ignore over this entire debacle. Consider that "unseen feeback", but you can bet it's happening.

Back