1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Spark, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocArnie

DocArnie

Jan 27, 2006
    As if Spark didn't expect Maddog to turn down the offer... give him a break. If you want something from someone you have to play nice. IMHO this was a bluff.

2. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    For 'Opsec purposes" can we now end this "hunt for the truth" and go back to knife collecting? Shouldn't we give the head "Opsec enforcer" complete silence on this matter so he can work in private and get a jump on those who are defending Strider?
    I for one do not want to see anymore of my memebership fee spent here if OPSEC is being violated [whatever the hell Opsec means!!].
    Come on now guys, loose lips sink ships, lets all act like the CIA members we all are........................................

A Bluff? Bullshiit, he may have expected that but hoped for McClungs help. Spark would not have turned to Maddog as a bluff.

3. rosconey2

rosconey2

Jun 19, 2006
    this thread is starting to make EVERYONE look like a asshole-
    and i thought i was the only one,nice to have some company-

so far this is what i gather-

a guy with a few names is a car jacker,knife maker and most likey a mall ninja with fantasy's of grandure and a major case of the non truth's-

another guy-may or may not have a hard on for the first guy-he feels he and his brothers in arms were wronged by the mall ninja,and is pointing out the mall ninjas lies by using his forum-

some people have set up camp on the side of the mall ninja-and ignore the lies

some on the side of the other guy-and have added fuel to the fire

and one guy gets a free ride for 5 years for "info" and one guy is pissed about that-

lol-lol-lol-lol-

4. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001

5. Gollnick

Gollnick Musical Director

Mar 22, 1999
    Once again, let's see if we can't stay on-topic in this thread. If you have a problem with Spark, then please do start a separate thread. And that's not an empty request; if someone were to do so and do it within the site rules, it would be fine.

Keep in mind that the accusations made against Mr. Strider are not based upon Spark's personal character. Spark may very well be a first-class scoundrel, but that wouldn't change the documentary evidence that backs up the accusations. Backed by that documentary evidence, the accusations stand on their own merit.

In fact, attacking Spark -- shooting the messenger to distract attention from the message as it were -- really looks bad. It only makes the matter look worse because it implies that there is no counter to the evidence.

Attacking Spark may carry some sense of personal satisfaction for you, some feeling of gut-level vindication; but, to the outside observer forming an opinion about the matter, it only validates the accusations that Spark has made and makes Mr. Strider look even worse. So, my advise to those of you who want to help Mr. strider is to address the accusations and especially the independent and credible, documentary evidence that supports those accusations.

6. gator68

gator68

Oct 1, 2002

7. tyr_shadowblade

tyr_shadowblade Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2006
    First off, I can understand being pissed at a snitch getting compensated for ratting someone out. And it seems like a sh*tty thing when one businessman tries to destroy the reputation of a competator. HOWEVER -- the information he provided appears to be true, and those degenerate poseur wannabes who dare to promote themselves (and their products) by wrongfully stealing the valor of TRUE heroes DESERVE to be exposed and reviled. It was good intel, and it's not "snitching" if you're providing a valuable public service. Strider needs to go down hard. F*ck him . . . and f*ck all his supporters and sockpuppets.

Secondly, this is Spark's forum, and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants. :thumbup:

8. Bohica2u

Bohica2u

Jul 1, 2001
    The bottom line is that is if Mick kept his mouth shut from day one he wouldn't be in this mess.

But no.

He had to start inventing stories along with his knives.

9. overlord1

overlord1

Jul 27, 2004
    Spark, thanks for laying out your argument in a concise, logical and detailed manner. As the owner of this site, it takes a lot of balls to put your reputation and livelihood on the line for what you believe. You have more to lose than anyone else participating in this thread. That is why I don't believe you would have taken the time and effort to write what you did if you did not deeply believe it was the right thing to do. In typical Strider apologist fashion, the "usual suspects" are attacking you personally, the messenger. Rest assured that the vast majority of members here are intelligent enough to see right through this lame tactic.

10. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    Well said.:thumbup:

11. atlasfields

atlasfields

Apr 8, 2004
    Mick has stated right here that he will not be returning to BF. Why not go to the sites where he does post and ask for clarification? Asking questions and expecting answers from a person who isn’t here and has no intention of coming here, seems counter-productive. Speculation, assumption and innuendo fill the vacuum when fact or answers are absent.

It would seem to me that asking the questions would get a response from him. Hopefully the answer/s would put to rest, at least, the questions being asked regarding his military background. As an example, it took countless pages of Q & A on the Emerson/ Strider/ CS Tanto debate until someone asked Mr. Emerson for his thoughts. Once he replied and his answer was posted, the thread quickly lost its steam.

Wouldn’t the same hold true in this instance?

12. lfd972

lfd972

Mar 20, 2006
    Direct quote from the above mentioned link...

"Once you have completed RIP, you will finally be a Ranger and you will receive an assignment to either the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters or one of the three Ranger Battalions."

So can we all agree (Spark), that Mick was infact a Ranger? If you say no, can you explain how you arrive at such a conclusion?

13. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003
    Whether Mick was a Ranger is but a very minor point of reference in a sea of lies.

I long ago stated I could care less if being tabbed or scrolled makes one a Ranger. Neither makes one a fantasy super spook in charge of deciding weighty issues like 7.62 v. 5.56 for whatever secret squirrel units he led in his head.

Remember, he also front assaulted a gunman. armed only with his knife, (and no element of surprise mind you) in service to Uncle Sugar.

Mogadishu Mick both passed RIP and got discharged from the Army sometime in '86. Must have been some of the most intense months ever in Ranger history.:rolleyes:

14. digitalrebelttu

digitalrebelttu

Nov 25, 2005

I'm sorry, you're suggesting here that you are a lawyer involved with Federal Criminal practice,yet you made 2 completely inaccurate statements- when the sentencing guidelines went into effect and that there are no appeals from a guilty plea. Both Boats and I corrected you, I provided the citations to the relevant rules, and now you are saying what is available under the FOIA but you don't know how to obtain the clerk's files (they are not called case files). OK, you might want to dump the internet lawyer act.

Here is a little tutorial. It depends on the court, the local rules and procedures, etc... as to how you can obtain the clerk's files. If one has a subscription to Lexis or Westlaw there are some trial court files available but that is rare since these are mostly unreported cases. Some jurisdictions will have scanned images of the paperwork but that is spotty and depends on the funding and manpower of the clerk's office. There are some other online services like PACER that provide files for a fee. Most places you can go to the clerk's office and search their computer or check out the file, but you have to make copies there and they charge an arm and a leg. Even a simple file will be an inch thick and it is highly doubtful if any clerk's office will make a copy for you and send you it, they all tend to be overworked and understaffed. So you need to contact the clerk's office and find out what their policies are.

15. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    1) Mick has been back since then to post here. If I was him I'd stay out of this thread also. It can't benefit him to post here at this point.

2) Because you would get banned or piled on if you persued that line of questioning anywhere but here for the most part. And if you say the "wrong" thing here you can be banned from those same places too. (Not referring to the Badlands as, like I said, as long as you're respectful they will allow you to have your own opinion.)

oil

16. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    I have some further questions this morning. I am not going to make any judgements based off of them until they have been answered.

Mick Strider, please answer the following questions:

• Is it true that you enlisted in the US Army in November of 1985 (11-1985)? If not, when did you enlist?
    • Is it true that you were awarded your MOS designator of 11B1 in March of 1986 (03-1986)? If not, when were you awarded your MOS of 11B1
    • Is it true that you graduate Basic Airborne School in April of 1986 (04-1986)? If not, when did you graduate Basic Airborne School?
    • Is it true that you attended the Ranger Indoctrination Program in May of 1986 (05-1986)? If not, when did you complete the Ranger Indoctrination Program?
    • Is it true that you were assigned to the 2/75 Ranger Regiment in May of 1986 (05-1986)? If not, when were you assigned to the 2/75 Ranger Regiment?
    • Is it true that you were removed from the 2/75 Ranger Regiment and assigned to the 47th Infantry in August of 2006 (08-2006)? If not,
      A) When were you removed from the 2/75 Ranger Regiment?
      B)What unit were you assigned to following this?

[*]Is it true that you were discharged from the US Army in December 1986 (12-1986)?

I am not making any statements based off these questions at this time. I will refrain from drawing conclusions off these statements until I have an answer, one way or another. If Mick Strider is not willing to answer these here, I cordially request that someone post them over on BadlandsForums.com or The Usual Suspects and copy his response.

17. j.h

j.h

Oct 8, 2002
    I know nothing of badlands, but I can tell you that cross forum trash like this is discouraged by suspects. As much as some may hope or like to think, there is no gathering up the troops. Anyone that says anything here does so as a member here. Statements that they may be through posting here are expressions of their opinions of the tripe of the day.

Kevin, give it a rest. Do you really think that anyone is going to answer these foot stamping proclamations and challenges of yours? Head Pirate in Charge only applies here in your own little peice of the internet.

18. DXC

DXC

Dec 20, 2004
    August 2006??????????? :confused:

19. MPE

MPE

Oct 21, 2006
    Seems some people think this is all dug up from the past! Old news! But, if a business is built on lies and still sells a product or offers a service, wouldn't that be in the Now? It would also be interesting to see how things pan out with ongoing projects(Buck/Strider) and future projects such as one named by an employee of Strider that involves Emerson? This could go from real bad to the toilet anytime now. Its to bad shit happens like this, because alot of others have and will get hurt from this and one person is to blame! Look at all the loose lip service about Dark Ops and how the designs were coppied. I wonder how many Strider supporters had something to say about that? At least no crimes were committed in the act, just maybe ethics. No patent infringement or gloating about being a spook. I do not own either knife or plan to. I just wanted to call attention to the fact some blew the D.Ops hoopla way out, and this is much worse! Be it money or karma, you always have to pay it back sometime!

MPE

" I am not a Army Ranger, But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. "

20. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    In my opinion, it's the only way to show their displeasure with this situation. To just stop logging on doesn't mean anything(nor does telling everyone you're quitting, either, really). I suspect there are plenty of forumites whom have just stopped logging on, for many reasons(not just this one), but if you feel strongly enough to let everyone know, it says something, at least. When I have boycotted places in the past, I did it after telling the places in question(oil company during strike, local newspaper for same reason and local sporting goods store for poor service), why I was boycotting so at least they knew they lost ONE customer as result of their policies. I don't kow if they cared, but they knew just the same.
    I respect people whom can stand up and say their piece knowing others will belittle them after they're gone and not defending themselves'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.