• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you misread what was posted. He said nothing about a lawsuit. He said a restraining order. They are inexpensive and not that hard to get as long as you can prove to the judge why you should be granted one.

Listen, if you think a TRO would end the litigation thats some positive thinking....But lets agree that it would be better for everyone that no attorneys get involved....It's like a damn love fest in here now, you guys have been very gracious.

I don't think restraining order is right. I think what would be used would be a cease and desist letter, or cease and desist order. A cease and desist letter could be written by Mick himself, but would only work if Spark was concerned about further legal action. A cease and desist letter is not something that has to be obeyed. A cease and desist order comes from a judge and must be obeyed, or there can be serious consequences.

This thread is selling Striders by the "boat" loads.......

Cute. In the longer run though, Strider's ship will be taking on water until he sinks under the unrelenting weight of remaining an unrepentant poser.

So what you are saying is that in order to save money you would allacute to statements that would cast you as a lier, a poser and one with no honor. The money in that case was not the point, it probably covered the court costs. What was important to Chris was making Mick step up and prove his statements. He didn't he allacuted to everything. Read the court documents.

I wish somebody had them in PDF somewhere and post them...It really comes down to money, you either have it or you don't to fight a case...Now that I think about it, his insurance carrier would deny coverage based on an intentional act clause and may even fight defending him or even refuse to indemnify him....At least some would I'm sure....

Hey I've seen a judge conspire with a prosecutor and a defendants attorney to get a person related to the defendant to admit and plead guilty to a crime that under the statute, he couldn't have committed....But the Judge, knowing the defendant could not plead guilty under the statute, excepted the guilty plea....Court papers always have a backside thats blank, which of course is the story thats never told....Sad fact of life.

getting your rights to own firearms restored is close to impossible if ya have served probation/been to prison, just dont happen barring a presidential pardon, might have yrs ago, today? nope.

Marketing 101: All Buzz is good Buzz.

Not in this industry. A brand/maker gets a strong stench and it takes forever or longer to wash off.

The market for $300.00+ tacticals is not that enormous. Imagine if SKI, over time, gets tagged as a knife made by a poser for posers, or government contracts are quietly dropped over time.

If the civvie wannabes don't buy down the road at the prices commanded, SKI will contract.

Remember, I said "imagine." I am not taking bets. However, fallout from controversy is unpredictable.

The secondary market will be interesting to follow over the next couple of years if the controversy rages on.

Spark sent me to look at 2 links of forum topics on Strider so i would catch up on this topic.

The first link was to a topic here that was pointless, and of no value at all.
page after page of bickering about knife designs that i dont care about.
It was a hard read, filled with the same stuff I found on this topic, and told me nothing about any real problems with Strider that some people seem to have.

The 2nd topic was LONG and about the same as this one, (Fact is all 3 topics are just the same in most ways anyway) except this Strider person shows up out of the blue and tried to make things right for the guy who started the topic.

the guy who started that topic had a problem with a Strider knife that he got off the internet and because the knife was not sole to him by strider, he really didnt have any reason to expect strider to help.

but Strider was there to help and wanted to come to the guy's aid....

had Strider stopped himself from posting more at that point he would have come off as a high-class person and a good man to go to with a problem.

Except Strider made a pointless comment ("lick by sack") and that one comment took over the topic for about abother 30 pages...

In the end....

After reading all that information about strider, I find no reasons why a person would not want one of his knives.

He seemed to want to do the class thing and give a new blade to the one guy no matter that fact that the flawed knife was not one that he sold in the first place.

The problem with Strider at that point for me is the comments he made.
taistless and unhelpfull comments that i dont think were needed.

Strider has every right to defend his knives, and his company from attack.
But a businesman should be able to do so without causeing more harm than good.

The knives i have seen by strider , (Im not a fan of the whole Army knife designs ) are loved by a lot of people that are into that type of knife, and Strider seems to stand behind them as he should.

I spent last night with my looks like a Penthouse model wife

I know she was never in Penthouse, what a Poser!!!!

The knives i have seen by strider , (Im not a fan of the whole Army knife designs ) are loved by a lot of people that are into that type of knife, and Strider seems to stand behind them as he should.

It has been repeated a dozen times in this thread, that many people didn't buy Striders just because of the knives, but because of the people behind the product ("honor, integrity..." and so on). OK, they are no devils, but even by their own standards, it's unethical to pose as someone you are not to sell out. It's unfair for the competition, who were dumb enough to be honest about their past or to shut up about it to begin with. Don't you get that? It's the double-standard! Mick Strider didn't play fair.
If someone bought his knives because of the knives - good for them. But that's not the case with everyone - you can't deny that.
The average knifemaker would get fried for these lies, but not Mick Strider. "Mick rocks! Mick rulez! Mick 'da MAN!"

What can be done about it in the future? How about stopping to lie and stopping to let lies spread? That would be a start.

The ones who harmed Mick Strider the most in this "discussion" are his fanatic supporters. Spark just brought facts together and asked for an explaination. But it's easier to reply with personal attacks. That sure makes you look credible... :rolleyes: :thumbup:

People that buy "hype" are always going to be in for a let down.

Case in point: Beer....
Right now in my basement fridge I got some cans of beer that were sold to me with many fun images about sexy girls, airplanes, new trucks, and more girls.

But when I open the fridge and crack a beer where are the sexy girls?, wheres my new truck?.......darn!.

People that buy hype are always in for a let down.

But if a person is a wise and carefull knife owner, and is into this "Army Knife" design, (That I think is not all that great), then i dont see many reasons not to go with a Strider.

The Strider company seems to stand behind their knives.
I read on that one forum topic about a knife that Strider didnt even sell, yet Strider was going to send a new knife out to replace the flawed on.

thats a class thing to offer.

People that buy "hype" are always going to be in for a let down.

Case in point: Beer....
Right now in my basement fridge I got some cans of beer that were sold to me with many fun images about sexy girls, airplanes, new trucks, and more girls.

But when I open the fridge and crack a beer where are the sexy girls?, wheres my new truck?.......darn!.

People that buy hype are always in for a let down.
For most it wasn't about the Hype it was about the rep of the man behind it.
I don't own Striders and never will now. I am a vet and believe in supporting other vets in bussiness especially combat vets. I will not support a poser and neither will alot of other vets. Its a shame, his partner was the real deal and the knives seem like decent knives. I could care less about Micks being an ex-con except how it relates to the rest including his talk of carrying and using firearms since his release. Either he is lying about this or knowingly and purposly violating his terms of release. Either way along with the lies about his service record and being a combat vet, that makes him a scumbag in my book. So no Striders for me and if Buck continues their ad campain of him as a combat vet and black ops guy no Bucks for me either. Its that simple. people need to make up their own minds on this. All the origional posts in this thread did was consolidate all the info out there so people would be able to do that.

For most it wasn't about the Hype it was about the rep of the man behind it..
It's the same thing in my view.
example:,,,the Rambo knife...
Years ago the Rambo knives were selling out whereever they appeared. kids could not get enough of them big Rambo knives.
The reason is the "image" of Rambo and reputation of rambo in the movies.

I got no problem what that. The truth is that Rambo knives kick-started a lot of interest in knives and helped a lot of new guys into the market.

But what if the actor that played Rambo had turned out to be really gay?

Then would all the kids with Big Rambo knives have asked for their money back?

My answer is that when you buy "hype" you always are going to be in for a let down.
Allowing yourself to be swept around by news that a maker or a co-worker that made a product is not a nice person is silly.

EXAMPLE:...Walmart.
Ever go into Walmart, look at the tags and see the phrase, 'MADE IN AMERICA" on anything?

Not going to find it.

Stop going to Walmart just because the stuff comes from red China?....not likely...
The fact is that in this world you cant really find things that are made only in America....somewhere along the line they were made from parts from mexaco, or got to the store in trucks with Arab gas in their tanks.....

I think it's a pointless to allow your feelings to control your mind when it comes to getting some things...
I get a brand of beer because I like it, not because I think that a lot of good looking girls are going to come home with the beer from the store like I saw on TV.....

If you like the Army knife design, then I think the Strider designs are fine.

Think things through the rest of the way Allan. A character in a movie and the actor turning out to be "really gay" is in no way a worthwhile comparison to someone representing himself, here in the real world, as something that he is not so as to garner respect and build a business. One is a fictional story, meant for entertainment, while the other is something else entirely.

As for Walmart, what you say is simply not true. Far to little of their merchandise is made in the USA but I guarantee you that some of, if just a little, it is.

I am beginning to come around to Cougar Allen's pov though maybe a little too late.

Think things through the rest of the way Allan. A character in a movie and the actor turning out to be "really gay" is in no way a worthwhile comparison to someone representing himself, here in the real world, as something that he is not so as to garner respect and build a business. One is a fictional story, meant for entertainment, while the other is something else entirely.

As for Walmart, what you say is simply not true. Far to little of their merchandise is made in the USA but I guarantee you that some of, if just a little, it is.

I am beginning to come around to Cougar Allen's pov though maybe a little too late.

Very simpily its called fraud. If the alligations prove true and the Ranger orginizations prove it, I really hope he gets tried under the Stolen valor laws that were inacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back