• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some plastic, some Titanium (the most expensive part) some steel, and some screws... WOW thats high priced! and were talking about 12 or so ounces of materials. Stirider even uses plastic hardware for the screws to go into on the other side of the handle. Their not the most expensive knives ive seen (material wise).

Striders are over priced but so is everything else.

Strider Knives has made alot of people alot of money. Look at TAD gear, They talk shit up on the forums then people go spend tons of money for the "tactical gear" thats really just mall rated crap.
The part I love is that if you don't want a paracord handle, Mick has determined that 2 slabs of flat FRP, 2 screws and 2 holes are worth $50.....lol. I would upcharge less than that for presentation grade ironwood or stag.

The part I love is that if you don't want a paracord handle, Mick has determined that 2 slabs of flat FRP and 2 screws are worth $50.....lol. I would upcharge less than that for presentation grade ironwoood or stag.

Yeah, but no one is buying!!!:D

Ummmmm....the cost of materials are not a big factor. Someone here or the other Strider thread quoted the price for S30V and it it wasn't all that much. What does paracord and fiberglass cost? How about Kydex? Or blade coatings?My materials generally cost a LOT more per knife. The bowie that I am currenly aking, which will be rather plain, may end up having as much as $60 in materials if i use this piece of ironwood that I have been saving. This does not include the cost of consumables such as belts and sandpaper, etc. It also doesn't include the $80-120 that I may sheel out to Kenny Rowe for a sheath. Strider gets what the market will bear for his knives and probably doesn't have much more that $15-20 in materiels in an average knife. One of the bones of contention is HOW he created that demand.

You are right in that scope, but I was referring to the folders specifically, which use Titanium. Ask Michelle, she just loves to explain this...:D Regardless, your numbers don't reflect the true cost to Mick but do reflect the cost to a knife maker like me. What about the cost of getting those profiles laser cut? The cost of heat treat? Not to mention you aren't buying new belts and abrasives for every blade. Belts are relatively cheap and last as long as you dress them properly, and use the proper grits for certain grinds. You seem to forget his demand started at a grassroots by building individual blades for operators. His market value was established early on, and they've maintained their standards since going big. Well thats as well as I understand it...

If Mick Strider had a few better friends, and a lot fewer fawning ass-kissers, one or two of them might have squared with him long before any of this crap started and he'd have been spared all of the dirty laundry.

I've now been banned from badlands, surprise of surprises, but Mick likes to formulate his adult life as:

Army-Prison-Knives

Even today, he was intimating that he "knows things" and he "can't tell" people about where he picked it up.

It's probably best for him that he's giving up the internet for awhile. He's an impassable liar.

I don't give a goddamn that he went to prison. The real formulation he doesn't own up to---EVER--goes more something like this:

School-->abbreviated tour of duty-->dirtbag era covered by stupid secret squirrel bullshit hints and tales-->prison-->knives marketed with yet more stupid secret squirrel bullshit tales-->industrial fame-->minor exposure as a career poser with knife making talent-->self-pitying victimhood bullshit while still hinting at stupid secret squirrel knowledge.

Yep, he could have used some better friends with better bullshit detectors starting about seven years ago.

Dude needed an intervention on his pathological lying and he still isn't getting one from his "bros."

I would expect my brother to tell me when I making a mess of my life, long before strangers got their shots in.

Y'all keep trying to make this about "traitors to the industry" or whatever US versus THEM tale you need to keep on keeping on.

Only using Mr. Hinderer as an example, I love the XM-18. It stands on its own merits as a testament to superior art and craftsmanship.

If you started spinning BS on the internet and the knife press that your ideas for the XM-18 came to you in the middle of the night, back when you were stalking Slobodan Milosevich on an international arrest warrant, what would that crap possibly add but a major hit to your overall credibility and integrity?

Unsupportable secret squirrel bullshit is just as harmful to "the industry" as is anything going on in this thread exposing such.

Boats, this isn't the court room, everybody knows this is nowhere...

So as a ranger you don't find it strange that an E-1 who was busted out with less than a year in and supposedly suffered a major spinal injury would be hired to lead others into combat as a contractor for the government to include setting equipment and ammo callout for the whole unit?
yep it does, I dont have proof that it did or did not happen

It has to be as a contractor as he didn't spend enough time in the service to do this while active.

The fact that he has dishonored the Ranger code and defiled what it stands for doesn’t bother you?

If he did get hurt like he said, I don’t know how I would have dealt with a similar situation? Does that excuse anything that he did, no. Is the stealing of a car weak, hell ya. But on the car thing, if the government said his time was served who am I to still hold a grudge.

The fact that a week ago he said his plea deal to go to Somalia for a year (at the time we lost true heroes there) was nixed by a mean spirited prosecutor doesn’t seem odd to you?

yes again

Maybe being close to these types of groups you can tell us, do contractors regularly hire ex-cons who can't legally own or possess firearms and can't get security clearances to do spec ops for us?

From one vet to another thanks for your service.

I do not know anything about the contracting business, the ads that I am privy to say that you have to have some pretty tall requirements and a clean record. That is for all the current reputable high dollar contractors.

I know I for one would like to see some sort of closure on this, but no one in the Kevin LT camp have very many facts that they can prove. It all boils down to he said she said.
So unless someone can get proof one way or another its all stuck where we are at now.

I did just get off the phone with a representative of the POWNET about how their claims are portrayed, and I waiting for contact from the USARA to see what they are doing. And I have another call in to the prez of the 75th RAA. My complaint to them is if they think that Mick is a phony then they need to post some unbiased facts not spew the same old Kevin LT crap. I asked them how does it look for your organization to appear to be grinding the axe for competitors in a very lucrative business.

yep it does, I dont have proof that it did or did not happen

If he did get hurt like he said, I don’t know how I would have dealt with a similar situation? Does that excuse anything that he did, no. Is the stealing of a car weak, hell ya. But on the car thing, if the government said his time was served who am I to still hold a grudge.

yes again

I do not know anything about the contracting business, the ads that I am privy to say that you have to have some pretty tall requirements and a clean record. That is for all the current reputable high dollar contractors.

I know I for one would like to see some sort of closure on this, but no one in the Kevin LT camp have very many facts that they can prove. It all boils down to he said she said.
So unless someone can get proof one way or another its all stuck where we are at now.

I did just get off the phone with a representative of the POWNET about how their claims are portrayed, and I waiting for contact from the USARA to see what they are doing. And I have another call in to the prez of the 75th RAA. My complaint to them is if they think that Mick is a phony then they need to post some unbiased facts not spew the same old Kevin LT crap. I asked them how does it look for your organization to appear to be grinding the axe for competitors in a very lucrative business.

You are a good man.

Army-Prison-Knives

Even today, he was intimating that he "knows things" and he "can't tell" people about where he picked it up.

Noted***

I don't give a goddamn that he went to prison.
RIGHT

School-->abbreviated tour of duty-->dirtbag era covered by stupid secret squirrel bullshit hints and tales-->prison-->knives marketed with yet more stupid secret squirrel bullshit tales-->industrial fame-->minor exposure as a career poser with knife making talent-->self-pitying victimhood bullshit while still hinting at stupid secret squirrel knowledge.

Yet none of you can account for those missing years. No one seems to know. Seriously... All that time and money spent and yall haven't accounted for it. Maybe, just maybe, he's hinting at the truth. CANT BE SO! You have too much personal pride at stake at this point to even treaty the notion...

HardHeart... noted dude, I figured as much. That why I left my MadDog and Verbal Judo Black Belt in my MaxPedition ManPurse.:D

Now I'm off to spend Valentines helping an Imaginary Buddy from the Fleet move into a new apartment... meaning showing up with beer and sitting on boxes.

Glad to see we've made the most/least of this St.Valentines Day Massacre.:D

You are right in that scope, but I was referring to the folders specifically, which use Titanium. Ask Michelle, she just loves to explain this...:D Regardless, your numbers don't reflect the true cost to Mick but do reflect the cost to a knife maker like me. What about the cost of getting those profiles laser cut? The cost of heat treat? Not to mention you aren't buying new belts and abrasives for every blade. Belts are relatively cheap and last as long as you dress them properly, and use the proper grits for certain grinds. You seem to forget his demand started at a grassroots by building individual blades for operators. His market value was established early on, and they've maintained their standards since going big. Well thats as well as I understand it...

Actually, I do use new belts and abrasives for every blade. Remember....I'm knocking off forge scale :D I don't pay for heat treating or profiling. i rely on slave labor.......mine......lol. And I only have 2 grinds...flat and convex and 4 grits. 36/40, 60, 120 and 220. Anything finer is done by hand. The costs for someone like Strider will reflect certain economies of scale and the normal discounts of being able to buy a wholesale prices. I will admit that titanium, especially in folder applications, cost money and eats up cutting tools. Having a decent number of blades laser blanked actually SAVES money because you don't have to pay as much of your biggest expense.......labor. How many blades can a laser cutter rip out in a day compared to a guy with a metal cutting bandsaw? The big costs for a company like Strider are labor, overhead and promotion.
You know, regardlessof whether i like the designs or not, when I talk about the Strider knife company, I admire what they have done to a certain degree. And I also don't have a problem with somebody who has a record. As i have stated before, if Mick had just kept his piehole shut, and made knives, many more of use would be secretly showing grudging admiration, if not openly singing his praises as a knife manufacturer, while still occasionally bitching about the prices he gets.

Yer right...

Fuck him for making a profit....

Living in CA, dealing with rising costs of materials, Workers Comp Insurance for employees, transportation of goods to heat treating/black oxide, etc.. donating countless knives to Scout/Sniper Grads, Rangers, Civilian Contractors, Foreign Military Operators, and the cost of electricity (rolling power blackouts, anyone?) be damned...

What right does he have to charge money for his goods??!? He should instead take money out of his family's pockets and food from his kids mouths to attone for his past... that'd make it right...

-john out

Boy this has desintegrated!

While I don't own any Strider knives, I have handled them. In my opinion, they are well worth the price for the quality. That isn't what this thread is about! It's not about the knives or the company.

It is about Mick Strider possibly lying about his military history, and the possiblility that he has violated the statutes involved with being a felon.

Complaining about the knives and the cost just muddies the water.

Pam

It's to bad really....that no one has an agenda

Opsec.jpg

I'm sure away from your Esniper hide, your really a nice person....seriously, if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer and we can share some laughs...

If anyone has questions, go over to TF forums and explore....

Opsec1.jpg

Boy this has desintegrated!

While I don't own any Strider knives, I have handled them. In my opinion, they are well worth the price for the quality. That isn't what this thread is about! It's not about the knives or the company.

It is about Mick Strider lying about his military history, and the possiblility that he has violated the statutes involved with being a felon.

Complaining about the knives and the cost just muddies the water.

Pam

I'm sure your a nice person, but.....ummmm, who started this thread who was worried about OPSEC and not wanting anyone to know about his sneak attack on Mick Strider....So no one can mount a defense....I never had any opinion about blade forums until I found out it was filled with Esnipers who have agendas....Read Sparks secret letters to Kevin "Mad Dog" over on TF....

Maybe you guys should leave investigations........to..........investigators?

You should change your handle to Cliff's Notes.

Spark made a mistake approaching Ray Gun McClung.

Still, because of the puppy's outsized ego, there was no element of surprise, and, not surprisingly, still no effective Strider defense anyways.

Go figure.:confused:

Is that true Spark? Have you been cooking this for a while waiting for the right moment? Why are you interested in not giving him a chance to defend, I would love to read a Mick post here.

Hey buckaroo, why don't you head on down to Tad and tell them that. I have never met braver souls than on the internet.

Mall rated crap?? Like your Spyderman underoos?

I dont live in CA but If I did I would probably be such a sheeple that Tad gear would be the last place I would go.

They do sell alot of good stuff but they get tons of buyers from the USN and mainly for Strider Knives and other crap. I for one thought that the guy who owns Tad was a ex-spec ops and would disown mick for being such a well... car thief-lier.

Everyone likes money so I guess the almighty dollar is keeping them from doing that.

Fact is everyone on USN is putting "striderette" in their sig and has "I support Mick" avatars. Isnt saying they support him like saying theirs really a truth behind all this? If they were 100% they wouldnt need to have lifter post some pump up thread about how good mick is and how solid his rep is. Once again hes making tons of money from them!

Is that true Spark? Have you been cooking this for a while waiting for the right moment? Why are you interested in not giving him a chance to defend, I would love to read a Mick post here.

If by "a while," you mean three days or less, the answer would be yes.

Strider gets what the market will bear for his knives and probably doesn't have much more that $15-20 in materiels in an average knife. One of the bones of contention is HOW he created that demand.

The steel and sheath (and other related costs) are probably closer to $50 after all of the outside operations like laser/water cutting, grinding, heat treat and shipping the blades all over the country. The steel alone is $14+ a pound in large quantity. They use a top quality sheath from Eagle on may of their knives and do pay for good heat treat and grinding from what I have examined.

On the flat/saber ground production pieces Strider blasts/stripes,affixes handles, sharpens and packages. All other operations are done somewhere else. Except on their one off pieces which are usually hollow ground.

Strider wisely met the demand of the market---people wanted a quality knife in the $300 bracket with various features and benefits and Strider delivered the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back