Natrix Copper

Got an email this morning from a prominent online retailer, " Kershaw 4057-0543 7006Cu Natrix Folding..." is now available to order from A......"

Signed in to find item "temporarily out of stock ".

7 months.. A LOOOONNNNGGG time..:( Still looking forward to this...:thumbsup: John

Kershaw has been having issues getting the finish perfect. They want the finish to protect the copper enough so that it doesn't patina/tarnish during shipment or while it's sitting on the shelves, but still light enough to end up with a nice patina with use.

They should be on shelves within the month according to the rep at BLADE Show West.

Thank You Fixall for this..:thumbsup: Nice to know!!:D Thaksgiving Day carry maybe?!?!;) John

Kershaw has been having issues getting the finish perfect. They want the finish to protect the copper enough so that it doesn't patina/tarnish during shipment or while it's sitting on the shelves, but still light enough to end up with a nice patina with use.

They should be on shelves within the month according to the rep at BLADE Show West.

That doesn’t even make sense. I have some copper Olight flashlights and I’m sure they didn’t go through this long to “perfect” the finish. They just vacuum seal it and it stays new until the purchaser opens it and starts using it. I don’t know why kershaw can’t do the same thing.

That doesn’t even make sense. I have some copper Olight flashlights and I’m sure they didn’t go through this long to “perfect” the finish. They just vacuum seal it and it stays new until the purchaser opens it and starts using it. I don’t know why kershaw can’t do the same thing.

No idea. Just passing along what I was told. They said they first coating was too thick and didn't allow an even patina to form.

I still want to try out the bareknuckle. The Copper natrix looks like it could be a great gentleman’s folder with abit of patina on it.

Does anyone know how the liners are on the g10 natrix? I am particularly curious about the one that isn’t assisted. Do they only have minimal liners by the pivot and where the lockbar screws onto the body?

If the knife was essentially all g10 except the lockbar I think that would be an amazing light knife.

Hopefully they grind these better than the KVT models I’ve seen!

What are the odds that rather than D2 it’s actually Cr12MoV?

If it doesn't come with D2 Ill be sending this back for a refund. Cr12mov would make this a 25-30 dollar knife to me. Not 55 or whatever it was I agreed to oay when I preordered it 5 months ago...

I still want to try out the bareknuckle. The Copper natrix looks like it could be a great gentleman’s folder with abit of patina on it.

Does anyone know how the liners are on the g10 natrix? I am particularly curious about the one that isn’t assisted. Do they only have minimal liners by the pivot and where the lockbar screws onto the body?

If the knife was essentially all g10 except the lockbar I think that would be an amazing light knife.
Avoid the g10 version. Stop pins flying out and warped blades. They also don't have any liners. It's just g10.

Avoid the g10 version. Stop pins flying out and warped blades. They also don't have any liners. It's just g10.

In the past year since the first production run I don't think there has been a single confirmed instance of either a warped blade or a stop pin "flyin out"... I have a gen 1 assisted and a gen 2 manual flipper, both are great blades. I have used them both plenty, and I don't have any concerns about the thickness of the g10 or the stip pin. Just my .02:)

Just got the update today from Kershaw that these are shipping to dealers as we speak.

Let's hope it was worth the wait!

My copper natrix just shipped. Excited to finally get it and handle it. It has been a looong wait. I tried to forget about it, but knifecenter sends a "sorry we haven't shipped your knife yet" email nearly weekly... Oh well, hope it was worth the wait Kershaw. This is my first Kershaw, so I will be judging all other Kershaw knives based of this copper natrix! Better be good Kershaw!

Last edited:
My copper natrix just shipped. Excited to finally get it and handle it. It has been a looong wait. I tried to forget about it, but knifecenter sends a "sorry we haven't shipped your knife yet" email nearly weekly... Oh well, hope it was worth the wait Kershaw. This is my first Kershaw, so I will be judging all other Kershaw knives based of this copper natrix! Better be good Kershaw!

Mine shipped from them as well. Soon!

Is it copper skin? Copper is fairly heavy.

3.2oz

• KVT ball-bearing opening
  • Flipper
  • Sub-Frame Lock
  • Reversible deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up)
  • Steel: D2, stonewashed finish
  • Handle: Copper
  • Blade Length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
  • Closed Length: 3.6 in. (9.3 cm)
  • Overall Length: 6.4 in. (16.2 cm)
  • Weight: 3.2 oz. (92 g

Is it copper skin? Copper is fairly heavy.

3.2oz

• KVT ball-bearing opening
  • Flipper
  • Sub-Frame Lock
  • Reversible deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up)
  • Steel: D2, stonewashed finish
  • Handle: Copper
  • Blade Length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
  • Closed Length: 3.6 in. (9.3 cm)
  • Overall Length: 6.4 in. (16.2 cm)
  • Weight: 3.2 oz. (92 g
I think I remember reading somewhere that the slabs are heavily milled for weight.

Back