New 14 run

I have a question, please. I was fortunate enough to acquire a Stag 14. I notice that some had numbers and some had letters. Does that refer to the specific one being offered? Thank you.

Yes those are just the dealers way of being able to identify them .
Hopefully you got your favorite # or letter :)
Thank you. I believe I did. Numbering or lettering, and showing the exact one you’re buying, is wonderful. Hats off to any Dealer that does that.

New arrivals, antique yellow jigged on Friday and the stag and AAPK today. Really happy with all three. The 2-blade 14s feel great inhand. The saw cut AAPK really has a nice look. Glad I decided to pick one up.
full

full

Last edited:
New arrivals, antique yellow jigged on Friday and the stag and AAPK today. Really happy with all three. The 2-blade 14s feel great inhand. The saw cut AAPK really has a nice look. Glad I decided to pick one up.
full
Your pics didn’t load :(

I can't believe I scored a northfield stag. After seeing these fly off shelves in minutes, Im still shocked I actually had time to look through all the options and choose the best stag (to my eye). It really helps not only having pictures of the individual knives, but video of each knife as well. It makes the buying process personal (if not a bit hurried).
This will be number 5 for me on his run. Stag, red sawcut, ebony, jigged antique amber, and smooth autumn gold.

I was only only able to see pictures of the stag I just scored but the video keeps playing over and over in my mind :D

I don't recall it being mentioned and I haven't seen any pins for this 14 run. Do they only provide pins for runs periodically?

I just got mine and compared to the single blade 14s I like it much better. It just feels much more substantial and better in hand. I know that there are still some 2-blades on the way but I still wish that more of these had been 2-blade versions like the '16 run.

I left a message on your profile.

GP Knives - they're a Bladeforums Dealer/Provider so I hope it's okay I name drop them here.
Here's a video of the one that is coming my way.
Watching all the videos of each stag northfield knife goes to show how difficult it must be to haft these little knives in a material like stag. I think stag is better suited to bigger knives but GEC did a really good job trying to balance the larger "ruts" in the antler with the small scales. Some really are "fat" and some have tremendous concave where the "rut" meets the liners.

if your preferred GEC dealer is not sending you professionally edited videos on each and every individual knife, and allowing you time to view all videos in an unhurried manner before making a purchase, may I suggest :

Snakewood is always a tough one to photograph. The light needs to be bright enough to bring out the wood grain pattern. However, if it is too bright or direct sunlight then there will be harsh glare on the shiny surface. GEC did a great job with these .87F5FA66-A274-4EF2-875C-F2CB91E3BB85.jpeg 92D65A07-0059-49D8-ACC3-D2FEAD0EB563.jpeg 1635ECF4-338D-45F2-A013-046C484CE022.jpeg FC155C71-B813-4B6E-8E3F-0879EC122BBD.jpeg

Back