NEW - Beckerhead Chat - Now with 100% more snarkiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam from e2e put a new video up, showing ethans booth at blade. Think I saw a moose and a cat

Well, I tried to venture out into the world and see what could be seen, see if I could find a forum capable of giving me a big knife fix. Happened by the Zombie Squad page, and I gotta say, I was a bit disappointed. There is very little activity over there, and far too little of the knife pron vs guns. Kinda makes me a little sad. Oh well.

Yeah, that's where I spent all my 'net time before I found y'all . I still login every couple weeks, but don't miss it much.

Es brillig war. Die schlichte Toven
Wirrten und wimmelten in Waben;
Und aller-mümsige Burggoven
Die mohmen Räth' ausgraben.

»Bewahre doch vor Jammerwoch!
Die Zähne knirschen, Krallen kratzen!
Bewahr' vor Jubjub-Vogel, vor
Frumiösen Banderschntzchen!«

Er griff sein vorpals Schwertchen zu,
Er suchte lang das manchsan' Ding;
Dann, stehend unterm Tumtum Baum,
Er an-zu-denken-fing.

Als stand er tief in Andacht auf,
Des Jammerwochen's Augen-feuer
Durch tulgen Wald mit Wiffek kam
Ein burbelnd Ungeheuer!

Eins, Zwei! Eins, Zwei! Und durch und durch
Sein vorpals Schwert zerschnifer-schnück,
Da blieb es todt! Er, Kopf in Hand,
Geläumfig zog zurück.

»Und schlugst Du ja den Jammerwoch?
Umarme mich, mien Böhm'sches Kind!
O Freuden-Tag! O Halloo-Schlag!«
Er schortelt froh-gesinnt.

Robert Scott

Chat room's been slow lately. Everybody's busy I guess.

Sorry old man, I was teaching a class today and only finished up just now. I gotta take lunch, but I will be on again later for a good bit of the afternoon. Say around 1 Eastern time.

My knees hurt. I've been busy icing them and moaning pitifully.

We're deep cleaning the castle to free up space and prep for a garage sale and Goodwill run, so not too much internettin' for me. I spent two solid hours at the firepit just burning evide... uh, old paperwork.

Found my Grandad's collection of Native American stuff... my 8yo was begging me for the tomahawk, heh.

IMG_20110628_195704.jpg

»Bewahre doch vor Jammerwoch!
Die Zähne knirschen, Krallen kratzen!
Bewahr' vor Jubjub-Vogel, vor
Frumiösen Banderschntzchen!«

Er griff sein vorpals Schwertchen zu,
Er suchte lang das manchsan' Ding;
Dann, stehend unterm Tumtum Baum,
Er an-zu-denken-fing.

Als stand er tief in Andacht auf,
Des Jammerwochen's Augen-feuer
Durch tulgen Wald mit Wiffek kam
Ein burbelnd Ungeheuer!

Eins, Zwei! Eins, Zwei! Und durch und durch
Sein vorpals Schwert zerschnifer-schnück,
Da blieb es todt! Er, Kopf in Hand,
Geläumfig zog zurück.

»Und schlugst Du ja den Jammerwoch?
Umarme mich, mien Böhm'sches Kind!
O Freuden-Tag! O Halloo-Schlag!«
Er schortelt froh-gesinnt.

Robert Scott

Alle hassen Dada. Everyone hates Dada.

Chat room's been slow lately. Everybody's busy I guess.

I just checked in here for the first time in a few weeks and got a msg from Meat making sure I'm still alive. Doc took me off work for the next 3 weeks for a nasty case of tendinitis in my shoulder, so I'll be around. Gonna be fun.

How's everybody else on here? I've been in touch with Ark, but I kinda disappeared, otherwise. Been busy the past month or so. Haven't even had a real weekend of just veg/couch time all the last month or so.

-Nadz

I just checked in here for the first time in a few weeks and got a msg from Meat making sure I'm still alive. Doc took me off work for the next 3 weeks for a nasty case of tendinitis in my shoulder, so I'll be around. Gonna be fun.

How's everybody else on here? I've been in touch with Ark, but I kinda disappeared, otherwise. Been busy the past month or so. Haven't even had a real weekend of just veg/couch time all the last month or so.

-Nadz

We are good. Sorry to hear about the tendonitis, but that is just God punishing you for touching yourself at night. And we all knew that was coming. Sounds like no munging for Sir Mungenstuff.

Got bored, and have been wanting to make an awl/reamer type of device for drilling smallish holes and poking, but wanted it to have some slight edge to it so I could use it for my firesteel. I got an idea today, well, a little bit ago, and ran with it. Here is the results. (In you face Nick.)

IMG_20110629_214717.jpg

IMG_20110629_214746.jpg

Handle end of a broken chainsaw file, with the tip ground at an angle to produce a sharp tip, and the handle of a spring loaded center punch with all the guts removed. The hole at the end of the punch was filed briefly to make it square shape, just small enough so that the file portion would not pass through all the way. It works, so I guess I am successful.

My son is on a baseball team. He's six. He's been playing for three years already. He's pretty good.
He was asked to be on a tournament team, and they kicked some ass in the tournament, winning their two games handily before rain cancelled the whole shebang.
So the tournament team coach asked the kids if they'd like to continue next year as a team.
This league allows such team formation. No draft.
It's a competitive league, even for the 4-6 year-olds. They keep score. They teach kids how to win and lose. They reward effort and ability. Such is life.

But today has been a friggin' docu-drama. I emailed this past season's coach and let him know we were going to switch to the tournament team in the fall.
It's a no brainer. Better kids. Better skills. Better coaching. Most importantly, my son wants to play with the new team.

I've been getting calls and emails all day from the coach trying to keep my kid on his team.
He needs to wake up and smell the roses. His kid was invited to be on the same team too, but he declined because his kid play third instead of shortstop in the tournament.
Apparently, such was too much for his ego to handle.

-Nadz

Hey, great to have you posting again. Just checkin' on our brothers, right? We're one big family of semi-grown-up people here :D Get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back