New Buck 110 LT

I am really liking these. Some different handle colors would be cool. If anyone is willing to subject their knife to this, can you hold the blade in the closed position and flip the handle open like the regular 110? I would imagine it would be tougher due to less handle weight.
yes. and you're right, it is a bit more difficult, but i expect it will get easier once it 'breaks in". i use both my 110 and my 112 as a one-hand-open knife.

I posted a how to switch pivots on the 110 LT on The Sunday Picture Show.

I've been carrying mine since I got it a few days ago. So far, I love it. Whats with those little raised nubs in the area where the lockbar meets the blade? This is the only Buck knife I have that has those. Whats the purpose?

The 110 blades and the 110 lock bar are both made intentionally with those ramps so that when they’re ground down during the finishing and polishing, they finish flush. I expect the same is true for the 112.

I believe the lock bar on the LT is a new part that intentionally does not have that little ramp, but the blades are standard 110 fare. Since there’s no grinding or polishing the spine on these, that little ramp will remain.

Or... it’s there intentionally for a little jimping.

What do I know though...

I am on the fence about ordering.. If the rumor of colors is true.. I am holding out for a grey or blue??!! I don't like to have more than 1 of any given pattern.. John

Mine came with a spot more blade play than I care to overlook, so I sent it back. A few people have mentioned this, while the majority are happy with their new 110s. That leads me to believe that it's an anomaly and when the 112s come out, I'll get one I like.

new colors will be great! Id like a Desert tan version. I will buy a few more in new colors.

Since I mentioned the up and down play in my 110 LT earlier in this thread, I wanted to let you all know what Buck told me. As usual, Buck responded quickly and suggested to send in for inspection.

Here is what warranty dept said about this model:

"I spoke with our engineers and they stated that if it feels excessive please mail in to our warranty office for evaluation and repair/replacement. This model, even though it is a 110, has a different build design that makes us cautious of setting the blade and rocker rivets as to not crack the frame. This can sometimes cause excessive movement of the blade."

I Think this excessive rocker probably affects a small number of these new knives, so Im sure buck will perfect their system for making this knife. Cant wait to get mine back. So light and corrosion proof, great for kayaking.

I forgot to ask why the 110 LT has the nubs at the locking joint.

Kind of wish I hadn't read this thread. The LT is interesting and affordable so went online to buy one and they showed the auto with silver bolsters and S30v on the same page so I ordered both. It's on pre-order so at least I won't be tempted for a couple weeks.

Anyone else hope to see s30v as well as the other handle colors already mentioned? An upgraded steel version could bump some other knives I carry pretty easily...

Ugh, mine is delayed in the mail! Can you believe it? USPS tracking shows it out another few days.

Zieg

Mr. Hubbard. ..any time frame for the 112 version? I think it would be a winner too! I'm also wondering how easy it would be to mold different patterns for advertising varations or special projects and if there a plans for inserts or medilions like the SMKW 112 Ecolite father son issue? It seems to be a great knife for future special projects !

I received mine today.

The blade is way off center, but not rubbing. I really like this knife. I showed it to my wife and told her how much I paid for it and she says “No way!”

If anything, it is too cheap!!

Back