New Doug Ritter folder

Looks awesome, just wished it’s DLC coated instead if ceracoat. I feellike ceracoat wears too easily.

While there's no question that DLC, and some other treatments and coatings, are more durable at the top end, Cerakote is pretty darn abrasion resistant and works far better than any other affordable coating. DLC and the others are not nearly as affordable. We work hard to try and make this knife an outstanding value and that's always a challenge.

While there's no question that DLC, and some other treatments and coatings, are more durable at the top end, Cerakote is pretty darn abrasion resistant and works far better than any other affordable coating. DLC and the others are not nearly as affordable. We work hard to try and make this knife an outstanding value and that's always a challenge.

Thanks for the info. Glad that you guys are trying to keep this affordable. This is probably one of the best knives for the money. I got the stonewashed version, would probably get another one.

My best friend said he's looking for a knife? I said, your in luck. The three choices I think he'd like is: Doug Ritter mini grip (m390) spyderco warnclife delica plain, and serrated.

It's my only Doug Ritter and they are hard to get now it think. But that's cool, I'll bring them bye and let him feel them out. I could just give him the spyderco, even both of them. I'll let him decide.

The Ritter is in my top five edc.

I can't agree more,value was away the goal.Not to mention for a good cause.

I just picked up one of the regular stone washed version this very Monday.After noticing they were available for immediate purchase without the wait.

For those of you who have been incessantly bugging us: https://www.knifeworks.com/new/doug...k-blade-knifeworks-exclusive-special-run.html

54189-exlrsk.jpg

54189-exlrsk.1.jpg

Enjoy!

That black looks good! I'd just have it scratched up in no time though. The Griptillian was the first modern folder that I ever bought. that was many years ago, and it's still one of my favourite designs. This one's more betterer though.
DSC00236-X2.jpg

So Doug, any info on a 'mini' version?

Doug - RSK Mk1-G2 is a great folding knife. I also have G1, which is a great knife too. I just hope in your future release of G2, the pocket clip is tweaked a bit so that it's more comfortable in hand for extended work. I am talking about the circled portion below.
4ifaCwh.jpg

Doug - RSK Mk1-G2 is a great folding knife. I also have G1, which is a great knife too. I just hope in your future release of G2, the pocket clip is tweaked a bit so that it's more comfortable in hand for extended work. I am talking about the circled portion below.

Thanks for the compliments. The issue of the clip is pretty much a "no win" situation for us. Nothing I did would have pleased everyone. While a small minority of owners do apparently dislike it, we have few complaints overall about it and many profess to love it.

And, by way of background, we went though numerous revisions and test multiple clip designs to get it to what went into production. Those were tested by a number of associates until we came up with one everyone was happy about or could live with. Knives, their handles and things like clips, are very much a personal preference thing, which is why I have always recommended that folks either be able to handle a knife before purchase or be able to return it if it doesn't "work" for them, for whatever reason. No design is going to work for everyone.

As I have noted, I insisted we use an industry standard screw pattern for the clip so that folks could easily and inexpensively change it out if they don't like it. That comes from my personal experience with knives whose clip design I didn't particularly like and where I changed out the clip. I knew that regardless of what we did for a clip, some folks would want a different clip and I wanted to make sure they could do that easily.

Thanks for the compliments. The issue of the clip is pretty much a "no win" situation for us. Nothing I did would have pleased everyone. While a small minority of owners do apparently dislike it, we have few complaints overall about it and many profess to love it.

And, by way of background, we went though numerous revisions and test multiple clip designs to get it to what went into production. Those were tested by a number of associates until we came up with one everyone was happy about or could live with. Knives, their handles and things like clips, are very much a personal preference thing, which is why I have always recommended that folks either be able to handle a knife before purchase or be able to return it if it doesn't "work" for them, for whatever reason. No design is going to work for everyone.

As I have noted, I insisted we use an industry standard screw pattern for the clip so that folks could easily and inexpensively change it out if they don't like it. That comes from my personal experience with knives whose clip design I didn't particularly like and where I changed out the clip. I knew that regardless of what we did for a clip, some folks would want a different clip and I wanted to make sure they could do that easily.

Appreciate your taking time explaining the design philosophy and consideration. Not that the current clip is terribly uncomfortable nor am I suggesting major changes, just that I feel if that circled portion could be a bit narrow so that the two sides do not "stick" out and bite into the palm. That being said, this is really a small thing.

As you may recall from previous posts, we do not comment on future plans. That has been too painful in the past. Production of the full-size RSK Mk1-G2 is finally starting to meet demand. That was key to any future offerings. Certainbly a Mini would be a good addition to the line...
Hi Mr. Ritter,

Thanks for your work with Knife Rights. I wish knife knuts were more aware of how threatened are our rights to carry a simple tool on a daily basis. I appreciate you going into the toxic trenches to fight for these basic rights in an environment that most of us could never survive.

Thanks for keeping the “Ritter Knife” alive with a new manufacturer.

Thanks for staying classy against some narrow minded criticism.

That’s really all I wanted to say...

That, and please make a mini!

Hi Mr. Ritter,

Thanks for your work with Knife Rights. I wish knife knuts were more aware of how threatened are our rights to carry a simple tool on a daily basis. I appreciate you going into the toxic trenches to fight for these basic rights in an environment that most of us could never survive.

Thanks for keeping the “Ritter Knife” alive with a new manufacturer.

Thanks for staying classy against some narrow minded criticism.

That’s really all I wanted to say...

That, and please make a mini!

Thanks for your compliments. And, indeed, those trenches are toxic! Not sure I understand the comment about "narrow minded criticism," but in any case, designing a knife is the wrong thing to be doing if criticism, narrow minded or otherwise, is going to get to you. I have been on both end of giving and receiving. If we didn't all have strong opinions and different likes and dislikes, this would be both a much more boring knife experience for us all. It is these differences that give us the multitude of knives that we all love or hate or whatever. o_O

Thanks for your compliments. And, indeed, those trenches are toxic! Not sure I understand the comment about "narrow minded criticism," but in any case, designing a knife is the wrong thing to be doing if criticism, narrow minded or otherwise, is going to get to you. I have been on both end of giving and receiving. If we didn't all have strong opinions and different likes and dislikes, this would be both a much more boring knife experience for us all. It is these differences that give us the multitude of knives that we all love or hate or whatever. o_O
Thanks Doug! You're the man! I can't believe these are still available with only 120 made. I bought two, so people better get them while they can! Otherwise I might buy another, don't make me do that!

I've owned and used the stonewashed Rsk Mk1-G2 for a few months now and it has performed very well. Seems I carry it more than any other knife nowadays. I saw the black version just a few minutes ago when browsing knifeworks, and jumped on one. The black clip did it for me. Wish they were an available option for the stonewash version.

The stone washed version is back in stock but it looks as if the blade steel has changed from M390 to 20CV. As a knife newbie is that a deal breaker? Thanks.

The stone washed version is back in stock but it looks as if the blade steel has changed from M390 to 20CV. As a knife newbie is that a deal breaker? Thanks.

It’s pretty much the equivalent, you won’t be able to tell the difference.

20CV is a great steel especially in a $160 knife, I personally look at it as equal to M390.

Back