New Ratweiler pic thread.

Have you guys got yours elof? I went for sage/black canvas for the skinny.

Well, he who's been MIA lately was handling the order on Ratweilers, so there's a delay. Andy's taking over so it shouldn't be too long now.

my skinny arrived! Tanker grey / black canvas. Looks awesome, just like the 1/4" pics I've seen. :cool:

I'll try to snap some pics in the morning.

I forgot to measure the spine thickness, but it is plenty stout for the blade-length, the grind is nice and high, and the edge-geometry average 20-dps and 0.031" up the belly, much thicker in the tip (~40-dps & 0.055). I'm impressed that it is that thin in the belly :thumbup: It could certainly be taken lower (depending on use) but isn't too bad for a knife this size.

The canvas handle is VERY rough, maybe even too rough for my its-winter-so-I'm-not-outside-working-as-much hands :p

The coating is more 'sparkly' than I remember my other rats being. It's a nice looking tool :thumbup:

P1040875.JPG

P1040876.JPG

P1040877.JPG

P1040878.JPG

P1040879.JPG

P1040880.JPG

P1040881.JPG

P1040882.JPG

P1040884.JPG

P1040885.JPG

P1040883.JPG

Nice pics! :thumbup:

I had to pass on the RW, but ordered my JMD in that combo. Hope they're getting close :)

Mine just arrived at the freight forwarder I use. Now just waiting on the Custom Shop Rodent 6 I ordered to catch up to it and they will be winging their way across the Pacific. :)

Could someone please tell me the weight of a new micarta handled RW? My package weighs 1.95lbs and I'm trying to work out if it's just the Ratweiler or if maybe the Rodent 6 is hiding in there as well ;)

Back