New ZT0562CF Won't Flip

I don't want to talk about you or me or anyone else save for some people who make knives. I don't believe anyone is talking about modding a knife to their specific desires and needs. I believe people are talking about knives that fail out of the box and need immediate warranty work. That's unacceptable for a car, boat, house, or anything really. Happening every once in a while or something negligible is one thing, something that happens consistently or is a complete failure is another. Anyway, I don't want to be the cause of a thread closure. I just want to talk about knives, the good, the bad, and the stuff in between. Some are better, some are cheaper, some are prettier, some are more functional. We're here for the knives and we're entertained by this or we wouldn't keep talking about it thread after thread. It's a point of contention that most people can discuss without getting overly irate. Some people cannot handle that and flip out. I'm glad that the majority can civilly discuss these things. This thread hasn't been too bad. Some good stuff has been said about some companies, some bad stuff has been said, and people are just discussing these things. That's what we're here for.

You once again fail to see the point. Which was that a knife that is designed to have a hard detent is not failing out of the box. It was the individuals failure to research what they are buying and letting their preconceived notions of how they believe a knife should be made that is leading them to conclusions of a defective knife. A knife simply cant be defective if it is operating the way the maker intended despite any feelings otherwise by the owner.

You once again fail to see the point. Which was that a knife that is designed to have a hard detent is not failing out of the box. It was the individuals failure to research what they are buying and letting their preconceived notions of how they believe a knife should be made that is leading them to conclusions of a defective knife. A knife simply cant be defective if it is operating the way the maker intended despite any feelings otherwise by the owner.

Cool man. Have a nice night

You too. See you in the next "my knife isnt exactly what i expected so its obviously defective because i said so" thread.

Don't know if arguing about this stuff is beneficial to me. Discussing is one thing but when every thread goes to an argument it's probably best just to back away slowly. There's a lot of good on this forum but damn if there's not a lot of people trying to put down others' experiences and opinions. Just not worth it. Dude said that his knife couldn't be flipped because the detent was too hard. I have no reason to doubt him. IMO that's a defective product. That's my opinion and the last I'll say about it. There are too many threads and posts to keep up with showing what KAI is doing and not doing. My life doesn't revolve around KAI but I am interested in what's going on with the knife world. It sucks that so much of it is taken up by KAI and whatever they're doing, either good or bad. I'm honestly tired of it. I'm more interested in that Boiler you're showing off in the other thread.

God. I don't know about these forums. I am fairly new and there seems to be a lot of hostility and unwarranted fights over brands. It is a good thing members don't have knives or guns or somebody might get hurt.

God. I don't know about these forums. I am fairly new and there seems to be a lot of hostility and unwarranted fights over brands. It is a good thing members don't have knives or guns or somebody might get hurt.

This all pretend and make believe sir !!! Beer?

Then it is best to make "in my experience" statements when praising ZT as well, or is this not how it works?

Like I said I have many ZT knives, I do not dislike them. Just noticing reoccurring *traits* that I'm not opposed to hearing/voicing.

There's so much talk about "this test not being scientific so I'm not going to consider the results". A central tenant of empiricism is SKEPTICISM. If you see a negative post about ZT and instantly dismiss it, we are halting the advancement of knives. Science would not be where it is today with out the good folks that call out the established techniques/norms/ etc.

Some call it trolling, I think it's what's moving the hobby forward. Calling it how they see it even if it's taboo. We just have to work on those who can't receive information that's contrary to their engrained beliefs.

Yes. It is absolutely best to make "in my experience" observations when giving praise. It's a two way street. This is exactly why I communicated my own experience instead of saying "ZTs do/don't". My experiences have been great. Others' experiences may not be. I don't believe that it serves the community for any of us to try to assign any of our individual experiences to the entire company.

Go ahead and share a beer with 'em, guys. Just make sure they don't slip you some Kai Koolaid.

im at a loss here."strong detent or weak detent that is the question but what is the answer"

Don't know if arguing about this stuff is beneficial to me. Discussing is one thing but when every thread goes to an argument it's probably best just to back away slowly. There's a lot of good on this forum but damn if there's not a lot of people trying to put down others' experiences and opinions. Just not worth it. Dude said that his knife couldn't be flipped because the detent was too hard. I have no reason to doubt him. IMO that's a defective product. That's my opinion and the last I'll say about it. There are too many threads and posts to keep up with showing what KAI is doing and not doing. My life doesn't revolve around KAI but I am interested in what's going on with the knife world. It sucks that so much of it is taken up by KAI and whatever they're doing, either good or bad. I'm honestly tired of it. I'm more interested in that Boiler you're showing off in the other thread.

Yes. It is absolutely best to make "in my experience" observations when giving praise. It's a two way street. This is exactly why I communicated my own experience instead of saying "ZTs do/don't". My experiences have been great. Others' experiences may not be. I don't believe that it serves the community for any of us to try to assign any of our individual experiences to the entire company.

I have to say, out of this entire thread, these are my two personal favorite posts.

Yet your good experience is assigned to the entire company. Oh wait I forgot you said in your experience, never mind carry on!

Back