Next two on the bench...Twins!

Man Patrice thats gonna be a sweet looking knife. Thanks for the update!

Thanks Frank. Got a few more ideas rattling around in head. Hope I just don't get lost waaaayyyy out there. :(

Patrice, I withdraw my dislike of the fighter handle! With the addition of the finger gaurd it now flows and I can see where it will be a great looking design. I need to reserve my opinions till I see a more complete design where one aspect viewed independantly seems odd but as a whole makes unique piece.
chris

No Chris, I appreciate the constant feedback. I may make wrong turns sometimes and getting input along the way can sometimes helps to keep things going in the right direction. I am glad you like it better now of course.
I must say I am pretty excited with the turn it has taken. More details coming and as a teaser, it now has a name befitting these future details.
The Rattler :D

Last edited:
The inquisitor, hmmm some iron maiden spikes maybe? A leather whip attached to the end, oh the possibilities are endless with a name like that. Cant wait to see its progress.

Man, you need some new gloves.

Just kidding. For what reason do you have a hole in the thumb?

Frank, nothing as extreme as that believe me. And I think your are thinking more "Dominatrix" than "Inquisitor". ;)

Don, no big purpose here, simply a crappy batch of nitrile gloves.

How are you planning on conforming the shape of the finger loop tab to the shape of the handle?

I think my biggest dislike of the handle shape when just viewed as a template was that there seemed to be no way to keep your grip, everything tapered to the back end and was upswept. But with the addition of a finger loop all that goes away and the design really flows and the grip issue should go away.
chris

I am pretty sure Patrice doesn't Conform!

You know it! :D

Here is one, not much done, well a little work but doesn't show much is what I mean. The stacked guard is going in parts, not quite working. I'll still use it on the other "twin".

hunter_fighter10.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Coming along beautifully Patrice--your ears should have been burning the other night, I was singing your praises for the custom takedown wrench you supply with your designs.

I see you've also done a bit of fiddling with your dad's chair--and reminds me--send me some pics of the chair, I'd like your permission to post it to the Tinkerers Guild to see if I can't get some background info on it for you.

I will admit I was not hopefull about that design when I first saw it, but decided to reserve judgement until I could see where you took it. I like where you are going with it.:thumbup:
Darcy:)

Thanks Ed and Darcy.

Some progress on the guard. You guys would tell me if I went too far "Out There!" right? ;)

hunter_fighter11.jpg

PS: Ed, you have me mistaken with someone else. Now I HAVE to make custom takedown wrenches. :(;)

Some more progress on the guard. A little carving and re-shaping of the top part.

hunter_fighter12.jpg

hunter_fighter13.jpg

Not crazy about everything but hopefully it will get better as it progresses.

A very beatiful work, with material in harmony and a distinguishing feature.
Regards Borgano.
Sorry for my English.

I believe this handle would be far more suitable on your Inquisitor model. Here it appears to me to be too long and to curvey for that short wide blade. Place it ove rtop of the Inquisitor handle position and have a gander. This jhust my opinion. Frank

Back