Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful deer season so far..

Got this one today:
PXL-20201126-123140006-PORTRAIT.jpg

And this one last week:
PXL-20201116-213142506-PORTRAIT-01-COVER.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!

NIce bucks, Dawson. What're you up to these days? IIRC, you were gonna go to some kind of trade school - welding or plumbing or electrical.

Our antlerless season just ended this past Sunday. My county here in Texas only allows the taking of antlerless deer east of IH35 for the first 2 weeks of the season, so that's what I concentrate on. Last year was the first year we were allowed to shoot antlerless deer in nearly 30 years. After the season was over last year, I counted 60+ deer in the fields of 3 adjacent farms that total about 400 acres, most of them antlerless. My family took out 8 during the antlerless season. I got a small doe and a large "not even a button buck" buck.

NIce bucks, Dawson. What're you up to these days? IIRC, you were gonna go to some kind of trade school - welding or plumbing or electrical.

Our antlerless season just ended this past Sunday. My county here in Texas only allows the taking of antlerless deer east of IH35 for the first 2 weeks of the season, so that's what I concentrate on. Last year was the first year we were allowed to shoot antlerless deer in nearly 30 years. After the season was over last year, I counted 60+ deer in the fields of 3 adjacent farms that total about 400 acres, most of them antlerless. My family took out 8 during the antlerless season. I got a small doe and a large "not even a button buck" buck.

Thanks!

Yeah I'm currently working at a hotel and taking electrician classes. One of dad's friends told me that if I finish this course and then do the electrical and instrumentation technology class I am planning on taking next year he can get me a job just about anywhere in the area, so I think that's the route I'm going.

Sounds like y'all had a good season too! We're only allowed to kill a doe two days out of the whole season so I might try to go get one in the morning before work. I think my family has a total of 7 right now, all pretty good bucks.

I see that the forum is making duplicates and triplicates again.

On top of everything else, my mom just got taken to ER. When it rains, it pours.

DAMM! I sure hope she’s ok and it’s nothing very serious.

Shingles is supposed to be very painful. I hope she feels better soon.

Dubs, Sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm glad it's "just" shingles. Atleast no one dies of shingles. They may think they are but they won't. My mom and dad both had shingles. The residual pain can continue for weeks or months after it settles down. My mother came down with it right when the Covid hit. She still has some twinges every now and then.

Thanks guys. Yep, although painful, I'm glad it was shingles. My mom has beat cancer, but also has a stent in her heart. She's 81 to boot.

Happiest of Mondays to you. 'heads!

ZmY8yW1.jpg

u0jFqjq

Sorry to hear about your mom, Dubz. Shingles suck, but at least it's only Shingles.

What a year. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back