Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email overload by Cyborg-Monday mutants.
rxWAwSm.jpg

u0jFqjq

Sorry to hear about your mom, Dubz. Shingles suck, but at least it's only Shingles.

What a year. SMH
Thanks man. I asked her earlier this evening how she felt, and she said the medicine they gave her was working well, that she wasn't in pain.

• Well I have come down with a case of the shingles too . I was thinking my left shoulder was hurting due to using crutches until the rash started

• Well I have come down with a case of the shingles too . I was thinking my left shoulder was hurting due to using crutches until the rash started
So sorry man. Did you get some meds for it?

Yes I am on an antivirus med and adjusted a medicine I've already have. Makes it hard to use a crutch on the left side though
Man, that sucks. Hope ya feel better soon man.

I got some sleep last night so that helps
Good deal man. Sleep has been eluding me. Getting very little. I cough so damn much still.

Damn fellas, I hope you feel better Roy and Dubz. This year has been a dumpster fire.
Thanks man. This past month sure has been.

took a half day off work today to go deer hunting.
it was such a let-down.
got all dressed up, fresh thermos of tea, etc....
started walking out to the stand in the back side of the property and as I was stepping over a fence, I had to stop and unstick my pants leg from the barbed wire - when I looked back up, there was a doe in the rise about 60 yards from me.
just staring at me.
just. staring. at. me...

so I took my time taking the rifle back off safe, aimed and shot her.
put it back on safe, finished stepping over the fence, chambered a new round, and went looking.
she made it about 15 yards from where I saw her.

totally ruined a nice, quiet afternoon in the stand, watching nature and ignoring the world!

Question for the kershaw fans here.

im looking to get one of those bareknuckles in 20cv. Theres two exclusive versions with dlc coatings available with the one with the tan handle and black blade strangely really attractive. Theres also a stonewashed variant that i found available from someone at a slightly less cost. Ive noticed my stonewashed m390 link seems to be more slicey than my dlc m4 blur. I do like to use my knives and when they show wear, they look even better.

Thoughts? Have any of yall noticed a difference in performance from the dlc coating? If there is added performance from the stonewash does it outweigh the aesthetics and benefits of the dlc blade? Is it just a good idea to get the stonewashed version now since they arent available anymore? Afterall, if i like it enough, i can always(assuming no disco) pick up a dlc version later.

:thumbsup:
Question for the kershaw fans here.

im looking to get one of those bareknuckles in 20cv. Theres two exclusive versions with dlc coatings available with the one with the tan handle and black blade strangely really attractive. Theres also a stonewashed variant that i found available from someone at a slightly less cost. Ive noticed my stonewashed m390 link seems to be more slicey than my dlc m4 blur. I do like to use my knives and when they show wear, they look even better.

Thoughts? Have any of yall noticed a difference in performance from the dlc coating? If there is added performance from the stonewash does it outweigh the aesthetics and benefits of the dlc blade? Is it just a good idea to get the stonewashed version now since they arent available anymore? Afterall, if i like it enough, i can always(assuming no disco) pick up a dlc version later.
I have two Bareknuckles. I have the m390 sprint with black wash and carbon fiber that came out over the summer (my favorite and Iโ€™m hoping they reissue it or something similar as they seem to have started the factory specials again) and I have the smkw exclusive in 20cv without the dlc coating. I try to avoid the dlc coating. I believe them to be an aesthetic preference on knives with this quality of steel. I guess Iโ€™m not the best one to answer your specific question as I donโ€™t have any with the dlc. Regardless, the Bareknuckle is a great knife! :)

:thumbsup:
I have two Bareknuckles. I have the m390 sprint with black wash and carbon fiber that came out over the summer (my favorite and Iโ€™m hoping they reissue it or something similar as they seem to have started the factory specials again) and I have the smkw exclusive in 20cv without the dlc coating. I try to avoid the dlc coating. I believe them to be an aesthetic preference on knives with this quality of steel. I guess Iโ€™m not the best one to answer your specific question as I donโ€™t have any with the dlc. Regardless, the Bareknuckle is a great knife! :)

Have you not gotten your m4 blur? Or did you sell it off already? Im pretty much thinking the same thing, its only about aesthetics (maybe not so much with the m4 since its a big ruster). Id rather a knife cut better than be attractive anyways.

The Blur just arrived 5 minutes ago. Seems like a nice knife even though it has the dlc and a recurve, neither of which Iโ€™m the biggest fan of. I do hope they continue with the factory specials. A dividend would be cool.

Im hoping the coating becomes smoother with use and wear. Im not a fan of recurve either. At least its subtle. I dont have a dividend yet but ive been eyeballing the composite version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back