Notice!! A Black Jack!!

Mine is still at Paul Hilborn's Place, I was going to receive the Knife when coming over for the Oregon Show- but that's all been cancelled now - Barry's SFO in there as well- as well as the latest Forum Knife - aaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhh!
How disappointing!:mad:
But I am sure Paul will mail them to you instead of keeping them for another year!!:)

Paul?

Paul?:rolleyes:

Wonder where Paul went??o_O

:D

I think it's in the wrong forum and certainly in the wrong thread.

what do you guys think of the blackjack mamba?
BJ040.jpg

Haha
Thanks Willard and Charlie.

I have a typical box full of knives waiting there Charlie. paul hasn’t been answering his phone for some time now :(

:D :D
He's under the blankets with a flashlight, maybe?? Gloating about all the great cutlery!!??:D:D
"Phone's for you, Paul!!":eek::D

[QUOTE="Âchillepattada, post: Even if in Italy times are hard they make some great things .
I've sent two Black Jack to my friend Davide Steri.

Here is the first one :

49720540961_f2958b1b9f_c.jpg

49720011193_0f14649c62_c.jpg

49720847362_bae12e5f1d_c.jpg

- QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Âchillepattada, post: D. Steri has sent me some better pictures :

49724749838_5bac9e7142_c.jpg

49725608762_79ef204512_c.jpg

- QUOTE]
:eek::) OMG, as my kids would say!!! What an honor, to have such a talented hand adorn one of the Waynorths!! A beautiful work of art, and a tribute to Bill's knifemaking!!:thumbsup:
Boy, as I look at it, the knife and the engraving just go together so well!!:cool:
My compliments to Davide!!
I miei complimenti!!

Wow!

Achillepattada, what is the painting in your avatar? I've done a reverse image search but can't find it.
Hello,like Charlie I'm fan of symbols :)
The original drawing come from a David Prudhomme cartoon titled Rebetiko which talk about this music and dance of the port of Piraeus in Greece. It was played in the tavern and whorehouse by a population who fled from Smyrna ( now Izmir ) when it became Turkish.
rb11.jpg

Here is the music by one of its most famous artist :

But the position of the dancer is really close to the basic step of the Capoeira, brasilian martial art I practice :
GnMvmaxHX86teSOpDRNkcm_3qvA.gif

And last I teach stick fencing so I have added a stick in his hand .

Sorry for the off topic o_O

Â

Hello,like Charlie I'm fan of symbols :)
The original drawing come from a David Prudhomme cartoon titled Rebetiko which talk about this music and dance of the port of Piraeus in Greece. It was played in the tavern and whorehouse by a population who fled from Smyrna ( now Izmir ) when it became Turkish.
rb11.jpg

Here is the music by one of its most famous artist :

But the position of the dancer is really close to the basic step of the Capoeira, brasilian martial art I practice :
GnMvmaxHX86teSOpDRNkcm_3qvA.gif

And last I teach stick fencing so I have added a stick in his hand .

Sorry for the off topic o_O

Â
JM, you've hit a soft spot!
I dig rebetiko, Discovered it in Greece in 1990 on a movie just talking' bout that music for the lauch of the French-German channel, Arte, one of my best work souvenirs. An outlaw music, the Greek form of blues with the same themes (drugs, cops, wh..s), we worked from Athens up to Thessaloniki.
One big hit :
(who needs to understand lyrics?;))
We were shooting evenings and nights live in small bars (some still in wood) and I had to shout audience to silence (Issikya Parakalo! IIRC :D) and the noise of the komboloïs (rosaries)! One night we filmed in a club when they broke plates! Wow, the leader of the band of the day (a 70+ youngster by the name of Kabouleros :)) had an electrified bouzouki!!! Girls dancing first, then living dance floor to men,. Such are moments you never forget, still tearing my guts!
Sorry boring you with memories!;)
A guy of the Greek crew out of the best music shop in Thessaloniki :
Rebetiko_Salonique.jpg
My mug (changed a bit since :oops:) in full swing (ie : looking for a restaurant :)) in old Thessaloniki.
ma_pomme.jpg

Back