• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Nutnfancy Sebenza Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching his 50 minute review on the Sebenza. I realized how little I value his opinion. I was very disappointed at this review. I feel like he tried to review as something it is not. I cringed every time he called it a "tactical knife." I do admire the man for being so passionate about his channel and I think there are things to be learned from his videos. But we surely don't see eye to eye on what makes a knife valuable.

I absolutely love some of his stuff, but on other things I couldn't disagree with him more. You have to admire how he voices his opinion, and stands up against all the haters. He works very hard and gets bashed by so many people. No one will agree on everything if people are open to each other about their opinions. This is not directed to the OP at all, he seems to get it, I just felt like I had to say something. Sorry for the rant:)

You spent 50 minutes watching a vid of his before you came to that conclusion?

You spent 50 minutes watching a vid of his before you came to that conclusion?

LOL! I got frustrated after about 5 minutes. I kept hoping he would come around and get into what owning a Sebenza is all about. Needless to say, he never did.

Lol. I'm sorry it took you the whole 50 minutes to realize this. I guess I've probably watched many more than 50 minutes worth of his videos. He's kind of the knife-newb's knife guy. Kind of a dick thing to say, but that's how I feel. I don't mind some of his SHOT Show and BLADE (etc) coverage where you are mostly listening to the knife vendors talk and only have to hear his comments every now and then. I can't watch an entire one of his 30+ minute reviews where he gets all theoretical and philosophical and asks all kinds of rhetorical questions about the knife and all of that. His reviews are kind of the antithesis of a "to the point", "no non-sense" review. Some are better than others, though. I never noticed how much I don't care for his videos until it really hit me on the head. I think some were fairly decent. Mostly the ones under 15 minutes.

LOL! I got frustrated after about 5 minutes. I kept hoping he would come around and get into what owning a Sebenza is all about. Needless to say, he never did.

I agree, and what is owning a sebenza all about? I'm trying to decide between a umnumzaan, and sebenza.

He spent 30+ mins bashing the HEST 2.0 and its a solid piece of kit for the price. I have not seen his Sevenza review but after watching a few of his knife reviews I all ready know how it goes. Dude this knife cost alot dude! What lame Gimping its not digging in to my finger dude. Dude only one thumb stud Dude. wait only S35Vn wait I can get 2 microtechs in S35vn in for that price dude.

I absolutely love some of his stuff, but on other things I couldn't disagree with him more. You have to admire how he voices his opinion, and stands up against all the haters. He works very hard and gets bashed by so many people. No one will agree on everything if people are open to each other about their opinions. This is not directed to the OP at all, he seems to get it, I just felt like I had to say something. Sorry for the rant:)

Right, good for him to never mind what others think. This was just the first time I felt he needed more education about a knife. His reviews are usually pretty well rounded, but this one was just very.....not well rounded.

Right, good for him to never mind what others think. This was just the first time I felt he needed more education about a knife. His reviews are usually pretty well rounded, but this one was just very.....not well rounded.

Yup, his gun review are great, knife reviews......he's getting there.

All you have to do is read his vid description on it, you don't even have to watch the video to see he wasn't a fan of the Sebenza. He rated it a 5/10 on the description.

He is clearly misinformed about the Sebenza so his review was more amusing than anything. Too bad many newer knife guys are going to watch his review and get the wrong idea from his video.

He's kind of the knife-newb's knife guy. Kind of a dick thing to say, but that's how I feel.

That it! That's what I've been trying to spit out. His reviews are great for newb's. I feel like my knife wisdom has now surpassed his and I can't learn anything by watching them anymore.

I see him just as any other reviewer- some reviews will be awesome, and some not so much. His passion for things is really great though.

He is clearly misinformed about the Sebenza so his review was more amusing than anything. Too bad many newer knife guys are going to watch his review and get the wrong idea from his video.

Yeah, that bothers me as well. He didn't represent the knife well. I feel the need to undo the damage he's causing to knife virgins.

Did he try and baton it through a 7 inch log, and then pry and twist till he broke it?

I won't watch any of his reviews, let alone 50 minutes worth. That time would be better spend watching LOL kittens, or even chimps do Shakespeare.

I found it rather insulting when he started noting "human nature" and how people that disagree with him in their comments are just "defending their purchase". It's almost as if he's saying that the people that choose to buy one are too stupid to understand what they spent their money on, or that he's right and everyone that disagrees is wrong. I enjoyed his videos when I first started collecting because I didn't know any better, but years later I realize how absurd he really is. He conveniently forgets that the CRK has consistently won the Manufacturing Quality award at Blade year after year.

I did think that he had passion at one point, but I feel that I was mistaking passion for militant pomposity and self-righteousness.

Right Rob, none of those were mentioned in his video. He compared a Sebenza to a Boker Titan...

He spent 30+ mins bashing the HEST 2.0 and its a solid piece of kit for the price. I have not seen his Sevenza review but after watching a few of his knife reviews I all ready know how it goes. Dude this knife cost alot dude! What lame Gimping its not digging in to my finger dude. Dude only one thumb stud Dude. wait only S35Vn wait I can get 2 microtechs in S35vn in for that price dude.

Hahahaha honestly, that's surprisingly close!! He actually likes the jimping on the sebenza though...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back