Official 4th of July swap. Sign up ends June 21st

Well my little box of goodness arrived today from Vermont. From the sounds of it, it'll be a good un! It's out on my workbench and there are several knives in close proximity. I'm not guaranteeing it won't be opened soon...the waiting to open these things kill me! Waiting to open presents from my family is easy, but these exchanges are the BEST!! Thanks Todd!

Halm,

My gift box arrived today!
It is the same size as a VW Bug motor.
And weighs as much as my Stihl chain saw.

It is, I'm proud to report, still unopened.

Well my little box of goodness arrived today from Vermont. From the sounds of it, it'll be a good un! It's out on my workbench and there are several knives in close proximity. I'm not guaranteeing it won't be opened soon...the waiting to open these things kill me! Waiting to open presents from my family is easy, but these exchanges are the BEST!! Thanks Todd!

glad it arrived safe and sound. hope you enjoy ninja stars. :D

ok guys. that's it. i opened mine....and whadya know....i did get a PONY!

my_little_pony_violette_pony_by_eponyart-d3b6bzo.jpg
Too funny Todd,I hope there's a pony in my box too.

Matter of fact,I did notice a barnyard like smell coming from the box from Ky.

Sorry Bill,no pony for you so don't even think about it.

Enough is enough!! If this box is here when I get home from work it's getting opened!! I couldn't sleep- I just kept thinking about the box. What could be in the box? Some rocks? Maybe some sox? A fox with sox? How about some locks? It will be the end of me if I don't make it right!!! How will I deliver all this mail today THINKING ABOUT THE BOX! The box--THE BOX!--THE BOX!!
I hope Bill & Sally T can forgive me! :D

Last edited:
Enough is enough!! If this box is here when I get home from work it's getting opened!! I couldn't sleep- I just kept thinking about the box. What could be in the box? Some rocks? Maybe some sox? A fox with sox? How about some locks? It will be the end of me if I don't make it right!!! How will I deliver all this mail today THINKING ABOUT THE BOX! The box--THE BOX!--THE BOX!!
I hope Bill & Sally T can forgive me! :D

:thumbup: too funny. i know a lot of people are celebrating the 4th tonight mono. soooo....

Only 15 1/4 more hours to wait. That's 915 minutes. Dang. OMG it's 54900 seconds that we have to wait, and that is midnight. Add on another 21600 seconds if you don't open till 06:00a.m. That is over 21 hours or 76500 seconds total wait time. How the heck are we all going to make it? Can't stand it. What if the box catches on fire from some fireworks and it has to be put out with a fire extinguisher? We would probably have to open it to check to make sure it wouldn't flare up, right?

Gnarly- Part TWO of your gift box went out today (we had no power here in the DC area all weekend.) Slated to arrive on Friday. You can of course open part 1 whenever you like, and when you do, you can then probably do some detective work by my posting history to get the origins of one of the gifts. And I will 'splain more about them then.

Hal

I received my box today. Dang you kyturkey, I thought it wouldn't get here until Wed. The youngest one already has his hands all over it.

Thought you'd get it pretty quick!!!

No temptation on my part, I'm guessing my package will arrive today. Got to work tonight till 11:30 so by time I get home, I can go ahead and open it (if it arrives today)

Fun watching y'all sweat over opening a little old box. ;)

Gnarly- Part TWO of your gift box went out today (we had no power here in the DC area all weekend.) Slated to arrive on Friday. You can of course open part 1 whenever you like, and when you do, you can then probably do some detective work by my posting history to get the origins of one of the gifts. And I will 'splain more about them then.

Hal

Thanking you in advance,sir!
Part One is safe & sound, under the watchful eye of the GuardPug.

Last Christmas' Gift Swap was great!
This has already been a blast....

In fact, I ain't had this much fun since those 3 Berkshire sows turned over the outhouse....with Aunt Belle in it!

No package in the mail today, don't think the mail runs tomorrow, so maybe Thursday.
I don't know which is worse waiting for a package to arrive or have it arrive and waiting to open it.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone gets. Glad TPVT got his pony.

8 hours remaining guys. Had to go out and buy a box to open. Should keep me outta trouble for a few hours anyway. Howz everyone else holding out? Tthink temptation will be more prevelant after a few beers.

Well, the wife said we were NOT leaving until I opened my box....She's already sick of you guys! LMAO!! So the kids opened it up for me......

WOW!!

Thank you J1M and Sally T for taking the time!!

View attachment 287089
View attachment 287090

We have Fire starting--water purification--snare making material-first aide kit- 4 kinds of rope-a new Case stockman--EESE AH1- The list is a mile and 1/2 long!!!!!- The best thing is the Sally T fire steel! It has a hollow handle to store emergancy supplies. Just awesome!! It is PERFECT--Right size and right color!!

Last edited:
Finally...someone broke down...even though it was via spousal pressure. That's totally understandable. Mono you probably will catch some crap for this next go 'round. HaHaHa! Oh yeah we'll all be talking about how you caved in. Coulda been any one of us...

Great score there. Looks like you made out like a July 3rd bandit! Can't wait to see the rest of the boxes.

Back