Official 4th of July swap. Sign up ends June 21st

Yup, pretty sure it was Mykel that was first to open for the Xmas swap. Mine is going with me to work on the night of the third and being opened sometime after midnight. :p I'm starting a new route tomorrow and I'm going to end up with a 5 hour layover, so it will give me something to do.

My box from J1M will be here tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have the voices in my head to open it or NOT open it. How do you guys do it? ;)

Yup, pretty sure it was Mykel that was first to open for the Xmas swap. Mine is going with me to work on the night of the third and being opened sometime after midnight. :p I'm starting a new route tomorrow and I'm going to end up with a 5 hour layover, so it will give me something to do.
Who me?Surely you have me mistaken for someone else......:eek: ;)

Lol, I wasn't far behind you....
Yeah,but you weren't first.... :eek: :rolleyes:

I have to get up early on the 4th to get ready to hit the hills so maybe I'll be the first to open mine again....

but on the target day this time.

107* F here, Saturday & yesterday....unlike brother BA, we (THANKFULLY) haven't lost power....still got a/c....but I woke up to the unsettling distant sound of blade-meets-cardboard, and the useless scent of torn tape, somewhere....

No Cheating,ya'll!

Ack, I feel for everyone up in the 100's. We are forecast for high 80's and humid as heck and I can't stand that. I just check and its 72 degrees and 83% humidity. You can just feel the humidity hit you when you go out.

68 for the high in Seattle today with rain moving in this evening.........Sorry guys.

It hasn't been too bad for me here. Even though my porch thermometer read 110 the humidity was very low. I worked in my shop for at least a few hours each day with only a fan blowing hot air. Humidity is going up today so it's getting harder to breathe. The worst part is being inside more is making it harder to not open my dang box. I swear it keeps looking at me. No kidding, it watches me as I pass by. It's leering, snickering and taunting me. You gotta help me guys. This heat is making me dilusional. Is it the 4th yet?

Lol, I know how you feel Arcadia. I put my box out of sight, so it doesn't tempt me more. You should probably open yours tho. Someone has to give in early.......right? Theres all kinds of goodies in there that I'm guessing you will like. Items that you just might use everyday. The item that I said has a nice patina started could be considered an American classic. Pretty sure it is stamped CV on it somewhere...........;).

I ain't gonna be the first to succumb to temptation. You know you wanna open yours Wildcat! Go ahead. I won't tell everyone. Luckily I'm at work and couldn't do it if I wanted. Got 5 knives to work on when I get home. Step away from the box. I'll keep telling myself that. I only allow one shake per day, and hope nothing breaks. There's only 38 1/2 hours till the 4th. Good luck on the wait y'all.

ok guys. that's it. i opened mine....and whadya know....i did get a PONY!

my_little_pony_violette_pony_by_eponyart-d3b6bzo.jpg

Nothin in that box that would break, so shake away!!! I should warn you that when you do open it the smallest container is stuffed full and could possibly be a pain to put the items back in it if they come out.

TPVT, lol.

Nothin in that box that would break, so shake away!!! I should warn you that when you do open it the smallest container is stuffed full and could possibly be a pain to put the items back in it if they come out.

TPVT, lol.

I can assure you from personal experience that AC can really pack a small box. It reminds you of one of those vacuum bags you see on TV. You just keep pullin' stuff out, wondering how in the heck did he get so much into a small container!

Daym . . . . I took off early from work to spend some time with Sally T who's not having a good time with this heat & the cancer meds (but at least the A/C & power is on) & what is waiting on me in front of my door that Ginger the mail lady dropped off today . . . . . :confused: :confused:
A box from about as far west as you can get and still keep your feet dry . . . . :)
This thing started talking to me before I even had the key in the lock . . . "Man J1M, I'm glad you're home, Myke said it was ok to open me when you got here, so I'll be waiting on the dining room table for ya'" . . . . :eek:
The only thing missing on it was one of those quick opening zipper tabs and a big zipper pull . . . .
" 33 Hours To The Fourth " by Will E. Makeit . . . . . :D :D
Be safe.

Oh, boy.. my box was waiting for me when I got home. The wife didn't help matters either--"Who's gonna know if you open it!" I said, "I will". ...and left it at that. J1M this box is pretty heafty for it's size!! HHHmmmmmmmmm! I wonder what could be in it. My first thought was VPVT's pony, without the smell!

He must have put something in here to make a loud rattle sound.. It's calling my name! HELP!! Who will be first?

TPVT--Thanks! Now I am cleaning up tea between keys! Good post!

Last edited:
My pretty pony! Now thats a gift, and in the rare purple color even.:thumbup:

I received my box today. Dang you kyturkey, I thought it wouldn't get here until Wed. The youngest one already has his hands all over it.

ok guys. that's it. i opened mine....and whadya know....i did get a PONY!

my_little_pony_violette_pony_by_eponyart-d3b6bzo.jpg

Yeah,but you weren't first.... :eek: :rolleyes:

I have to get up early on the 4th to get ready to hit the hills so maybe I'll be the first to open mine again....

but on the target day this time.

Did it get there,yet?

Back