"Old Knives"

This old William Rodgers was my Grandads
20141130_114157_zps0b8141e3.jpg

I almost scored the 9 bladed one but missed out due to ebay postage BS.:mad: Be nice to get the whole set.
20141130_114342_zps61b34591.jpg

I love old carving Knives, i am starting to collect a few different Kitchen knives, I already have one rack full of our daily users, and acquiring more - theres even something coming over from all the way from the UK ...guess who!
Love that knife Alex!

Great-looking knives guys. Nice that you have your Grandad's Meako, bad luck on the Regimental.

This Brookes & Crookes ivory 31/2" Whittler must have been a lovely knife once. Before, that is, some fool snapped two of the blades, one right down to the tang :(

Lovely whittler, Jack. Shame about the blades. Still, the one left looks perfectly usable.

Thanks.Some real beauties coming up in here:)
I mainly posted the regimental in an attempt to get Duncans "I love those Rodgers tang stamps" gland to operate.:p
Look how crisp and perfect the stamp is.:thumbup:
I've taken to hanging out in thrift shops and buying old Sheffield carving knives when I can.

Great knives guys.

Jack, despite the damage, she retains her beauty.

I like you jack knives Cityofthesouth. Nice bone scales. Long nail nick and swedge is very classy.

Great William Rodgers penknife with the little tip bolster meako. This look similar but without the bolsters.

Horsemans021-1.jpg

Great knives guys, every page is a gem collection, constant reminder why I fell in love with slip joints in the first place.
Thank you all for posting.

The William Rogers knives are all fantastic. Wish I could lay a hand on one. Jack, this whittler is as good as if it had its all blades.

Mike

My first Robeson:
Not very old (1965-77)? I wonder if it is celluloid or acrylic. I usually am celluloid-phobic, but I don't have any other Robesons, and it's so cute I couldn't resist. Worth $5, for sure. ;)

There isn't any snap to the springs, but the blades stay where you put them. Should be fine for light use. I think I'll enjoy carrying it from time to time.

I like your Robeson r8shell. The scales look to be in good shape.... no shrinkage. Perhaps acrylic or some other modern plastic.

Thanks for your kind comments Mike. :)

There is something about getting that first knife of a brand that you never forget! Robeson is one of the best. Great score R8shell! I wonder if it came originally with a coping blade? I like it:D

Back