"Old Knives"

A few months ago I noticed that black mamba black mamba was a bit of a "Bulldog" knife guy so I sent him my only example because it was sort of unique in that it had "Pitt Bull" on the tang stamp. It was a neat knife and I thought he would like it. I didn't ask for anything in return but Jeff being Jeff... I received a package in the mail a few weeks later. Turns out he noticed that I like old MOP pen knives and sent me over this beauty Robeson. Nice cloudy day today to snap some low light shots of it... thanks Jeff!

ROBEYMOP-1A.JPG ROBEYMOP-1B.JPG ROBEYMOP-1C.JPG ROBEYMOP-1D.JPG ROBEYMOP-1E.JPG ROBEYMOP-1F.JPG

@r8shell Yes now I remember that knife, great work on it and thanks for the photo. I love the curves on swell centers, serpentines, humpbacks, etc. It’s cool that you rescue these oldies and give them a good home and another chance in knife life.

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika That’s a classy Robeson pen and a classier act from both you and Jeff black mamba black mamba . MOP is so difficult to photograph well and you did a great job in capturing the fire in it!

@r8shell Yes now I remember that knife, great work on it and thanks for the photo. I love the curves on swell centers, serpentines, humpbacks, etc. It’s cool that you rescue these oldies and give them a good home and another chance in knife life.

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika That’s a classy Robeson pen and a classier act from both you and Jeff black mamba black mamba . MOP is so difficult to photograph well and you did a great job in capturing the fire in it!
Thank you sir Nick :)

Kevin, I never made it look so good . . . maybe I should have kept it! ;):D

Just to complete the story, here is the Pitt Bull that I received from Kevin. The handles just glow!

VjQ5AHf.jpg

Interesting Arch tang stamp on your pen blade John. I'm unaware if that's common or noto_O

It's not that common Paul, was used for a short time around 1915 or so. The knife is probably a little later than that but still early based on the type of bone. Camillus was known to use up left over blades.

Your example is very nice also, full blades, just a great looking knife. Yours looks to be a later knife with Rogers bone.

Last edited:
Augie - That EO is out of this World!!!
What a stunning knife! Like our friend Mike has said - there’s lots to like.

Paul - Another gorgeous EO Camillus!! This is too much for one morning guys.

Stuart - That Queen City is a beaut!

Whew!
Cut it out Stuart - its only first thing in the morning here- a man can only take so much!
Wonderful Bokers my friend- Love that Sheepsfoot Primble too, the Pic Bone is outstanding on that example!

Whew!
Cut it out Stuart - its only first thing in the morning here- a man can only take so much!
Wonderful Bokers my friend- Love that Sheepsfoot Primble too, the Pic Bone is outstanding on that example!

You are too kind, Duncan. I've been away from this thread for a bit and catching up got my juices flowing, hence the passel of posts. After a little yard work and a few Martinis, I'll be calmed down and will be more polite company. The posts in the last ten or so pages took my breath away (as well as the information from you, herder, Paul, Kevin, Steve, et al).
- Stuart

Back