Ontario Rat 1

knifehunt

BANNED
First a BIG "THANK YOU" to (HWilh000) who sold me this one. I picked it up in our knife exchange Saturday, and it was at my door this morning which is unbelievable.

It's an Ontario Rat 1 and this is one amazing knife. Upon opening the box and checking it over very well, I can say with confidence that this is one well made knife. I have knives costing 10x as much that are not any nicer. The craftsmanship is fantastic, centered blade, smooth as silk, tight lock-up, very comfortable in hand and hair shaving sharp. This will be my main EDC for now. Well enough talk........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congrats! I dig my RATs too. Best bang-for-the-buck folder out there, imo... :thumbup:

rat101.jpg

rat02-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, Knifehunt. :thumbup:

From a design and execution standpoint, the RAT-1 is certainly one of the best knives out there. Some may be wary of the AUS-8 steel, but don't be, as it performs like a champ and touches up in a snap.

I just got mine in the mail too. Its great. i just wish the handle had better texturing

Kinda fond of them also. :)

Groupshot-3R_zps908245eb.jpg

Hard to beat them for the quality you're getting for such a low price.

The orange one makes a great outdoors folder!

I'm kinda picky when it comes to knives, so I was completely taken aback by the quality of this knife. I really really like it. Solid lock up, good ergonomics, excellent fit and finish, decent steel, and cheap! Seriously, the quality is right there with a G10 Endura I had for awhile, it's that good. I know, it's FRN and not G10, AUS-8 and not CPMXXX, etc. etc. Still, I like it and will probably get one or two more to stow in backpacks or my car or just give away.

Last edited:
Agreed. I just got my first RAT1 last week. I will get a couple more versions before long.

It's amazing that they can put such a quality knife out for an amazing price.
Talk about value.
Cheers

Yep,the RAT 1 is a great knife. love mine.I can't wait for the RAT 2 (the smaller version) to be released! A pic of my modded Rat1
8106727981_bf04bc31b3_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back