OREGON KNIFE SHOW 2019

There was an old friend/dealer at Oregon who was selling an estate of several thousand traditional knives, for the family involved. I was looking at a couple of trays of scouts (holding about 24 knives each) when he pulled out a tray of WWI Navy knives!! "Don't you collect these?" he said!
Trying to appear calm, while my heart went "Whoop Whoop Whoop", I said "Yes, I have a few - let me have a look!!" I tried to select a few that I didn't have, or that were better than my examples!! Here are the results. I would have bought more, but I was trying to be judicious!:rolleyes:
View attachment 1111709
The first three are Imperial (IKCo), Camillus and Challenge.
View attachment 1111710
The last four are Canton Cut Co, Schatt&Morgan, Cattaraugus and Hammer Brand (NYK).
The Catt and NYK are heart-stopping!!:eek:
View attachment 1111711
Absolutely AMAZING haul Charlie, just fun to look at:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Missed it this year as it wasn’t in the cards for me to make it :(
But there’s always next year :D

Very nice, Charlie!:thumbsup:
I just got home and my SD card worked in my desktop. I will get my pics posted tomorrow. For now, here is one of knowtracks holding the California style bowie he received as an award for his beautiful display of Schatt & Morgan knives.

RIMG1753.JPG

TheChunk91 TheChunk91 Paul T. asked about Schrades! There is a Schrade Walden Scout a few posts back, and here are 4 SCCs that I got at the show!
That Corn Knife is like a scalpel - for removing your own corns!! Scary!!:eek:
The Bail Jack had a chain at one time - long gone, as most of them are, IMO.:rolleyes:
Schrade D1.jpg Schrade D2.jpg Schrade D3.jpg
These are nice, minty knives, but check out the next one coming up; as soon as I scan it!! ;)

Very nice, Charlie!:thumbsup:
I just got home and my SD card worked in my desktop. I will get my pics posted tomorrow. For now, here is one of knowtracks holding the California style bowie he received as an award for his beautiful display of Schatt & Morgan knives.

View attachment 1111935
Thanks for the picture Dan!! Nice going Dave - Congratulations!!!

Here's that other Schrade Cut I was talking about a couple of posts back! It is a 2813 Texas Jack, according to the 1926 Schrade Cut Co Catalog. 4 inches long, most of these have clip blades, in my experience, and are therefore numbered 2813 3/4! Look at that rich, dark, old (what I call) pick bone - making it an earlier knife. Snappy and full, with a nice patina!! I love this knife. Amazing what you can find in Oregon!!:)
Schrade E1.jpg Schrade E2.jpg Schrade E3.jpg

I don't know how you do it Charlie, those schrades are killer. The spear texas jack is quite a surprise, and that's saying a lot after the four blade jr cattle. Thanks for showing them. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Dave for winning a prize for his magnificent Display- well done Dave!

Charlie, I simply don't know just where to begin!!!! I just cannot believe that you managed to pick those amazing knives up- these prize examples must have been on the set-up night?
Stunning- actually each and every one!

Wow everybody!!! I'm seeing a lot of beautiful knives coming out of the show. Charlie, that is a very impressive haul you got there. No wonder I didn't see you at your table after Friday morning. You were busy!. It warms my heart to see everyone's acquisitions. I've been so busy since returning that I finally got around to unpacking my backpack and taking some pics after work this evening. As great as my show experience was, I was disappointed that I didn't get to add anything to some of the branches of my collection. I didn't get to add a camp/scout, a canoe, a stockman, a Case knife, a SAK, or a Bruckmann to my collection. to name a few, but I was thrilled to come away with what I did. Besides, I did come home to find a SAK in the mailbox Saturday night, and I won a Case knife on the auction site Sunday night.

My first purchase at the show was a Goddard machete. Wasn't sure I could post a pic of here in this thread, so I chose not to, but Susan and Steve Goddard were very nice people, and it was a great pleasure to meet and chat with them. in case they see this, thank you very much for everything. Here are pics of what I got.

Picked up a couple of Eos. The first was a 2-blade Keen Kutter. Note the red on the pile side. Not sure what it is, but I like it.
LH4H9i6.jpg

knLXfK4.jpg

The next was a very nice barehead Remington with a big fat spear point blade.
yBObtke.jpg

dz3YGKg.jpg

Next, I picked up 4 cattle knives. I told you I loved cattle knives!
The first was a PAL Cutlery in black synthetic. I've been collecting PAL knives for a few years, but I don't add new ones to the collection very frequently. Once in a while I will see one I don't have in good shape, and I'll pick it up. Such was the case with this one.
J5KRtlw.jpg

KLvCLof.jpg

The next was a German made Dorko. I had heard of their straight razors but had never seen pocket knife by them.
LLgrJ3N.jpg

c1U51eY.jpg

There was an old friend/dealer at Oregon who was selling an estate of several thousand traditional knives, for the family involved. I was looking at a couple of trays of scouts (holding about 24 knives each) when he pulled out a tray of WWI Navy knives!! "Don't you collect these?" he said!
Trying to appear calm, while my heart went "Whoop Whoop Whoop", I said "Yes, I have a few - let me have a look!!" I tried to select a few that I didn't have, or that were better than my examples!! Here are the results. I would have bought more, but I was trying to be judicious!:rolleyes:
View attachment 1111709
The first three are Imperial (IKCo), Camillus and Challenge.
View attachment 1111710
The last four are Canton Cut Co, Schatt&Morgan, Cattaraugus and Hammer Brand (NYK).
The Catt and NYK are heart-stopping!!:eek:
View attachment 1111711

Oooh! I am mighty envious of those lovely Navy Knives! Nice haul.

Back