1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Southern Gent, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    How many heads would explode if the forge did a bog oak and Osage combo handle? Bog oak bolstered Osage? Osage bolstered bog oak?

Auction knife? :thumbup:

2. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Some pics of fiddlebacks on my osage bench top board (project was inspired from the five board bench thread and this osage thread.) I still need to put legs on it and finish the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Uncle_P

Uncle_P Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Love that Damascus and against the Osage grain :thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice Swonut, very nice.

4. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    How about just one of each ;)

[​IMG]

5. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Curated Handmade Knives and Related Outdoor Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    Cant tell you how much I'm loving that Esquire shot!
    (I won't talk about the Damascus though, or the Osage, out of pure jealousy)
    - Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. w.t. anderson

w.t. anderson Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2007
    I unwisely let my Osage Orange Fiddleback Forge Bushcrafter (with natural liner and pins, orange pinstripe, 1st and 3rd photos) go awhile back because I thought I had too many (?) similar sized blades, but I'll share these photos of my Osage Orange JK ViKtim and Kephart:

Attached Files:

7. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator

Apr 21, 2012
    This is correct.

8. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    So I'm packing up ready too head home to the Philippines, the way work is going it might be for good. Wish it was a sunny day to take these pictures but I'm bored in a hotel room....

There are a few at home waiting for the rest of the herd to catch up. (Apologies for crappy pics).

Natural liners with blue pinstripes (you'll have to take my word for it.....
    [​IMG]

Entire box o' Osage opened up.....
    [​IMG]

9. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    :eek::eek:

10. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    ...seemed like a good idea at the time, now I have to pack them all away again...

11. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Incredible collection!

12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012

That's a lot of butter and saran wrap :D

13. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    ....and brown paper....

14. rcartmell3

rcartmell3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Hunters and Bush Hermits. Osage Orange and Ancient Bog oak. These are my favorites in my collection

[​IMG]

15. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    That's a very nice pair of pairs. :D

16. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    a quartet of awesomeness

17. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    You have a very nice pair (feels odd saying it to a guy).... nice set...(nope that feels wrong too).....gorgeous Bush Hermits and Hunters.

18. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I so needed this laugh tonight!

19. rcartmell3

rcartmell3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2014
    LOL. Thanks

20. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]