OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

ab6583e7d31a495a47f21f627796e019.jpg

Hey Rick, I agree with Tony, that's a beautiful rifle! I like that Osage Bourbon St Skinner too!:thumbup::thumbup:

Love the osage with that one. Luca917, is that 1871is a cartridge conversion? Make of it?

Nice pic Bob!

Yes sir, it is a 38 Special cartridge conversion. It's a Uberti 1871 from Taylor Firearms in Winchester, Virginia. If you have an interest, send me a PM and I'll forward you my contact there.

The Clipsqueak? :D

I know it's not really a clip point, but that name is so fitting haha. I find it strange that such a small change in a design can make it go from 'zero interest' to 'I want one'.

Yeah, I definitely want one! :thumbup:

Last edited:
The Clipsqueak? :D

I know it's not really a clip point, but that name is so fitting haha. I find it strange that such a small change in a design can make it go from 'zero interest' to 'I want one'.

Yeah, I definitely want one! :thumbup:

I can arrange that for u... just send me a pipsqueak and some channel locks haha jk[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can arrange that for u... just send me a pipsqueak and some channel locks haha jk[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! I think I'll just wait until Andy grinds a few more. :D

Clipsqueak -- perfect!
highfive.gif~original

I'm wondering how it would look swedged....
EvilGrin.gif~original

~ P.

I'm glad you agree! I think a swedge would probably look pretty good as well, though I'm typically a fan of no swedge. Every once in a while I'm drawn towards a swedged model.

Nice pic Bob!

Yes sir, it is a 38 Special cartridge conversion. It's a Uberti 1871 from Taylor Firearms in Winchester, Virginia. If you have an interest, send me a PM and I'll forward you my contact there.

Thanks for the info, just curious, appreciate the offer. I am in Virginia too.

^^^
Wow! Not only is each piece individually stellar but the combos are even sweeter with that definite consistent period vibe.

Nice. :thumbup:

^^^
Wow! Not only is each piece individually stellar but the combos are even sweeter with that definite consistent period vibe.

Nice. :thumbup:

My family and friends have always claimed I was born in the wrong century. They've been saying it since I was 10 years old.

I forgot to give credit - the leather is Rick Lowe's work. The blades are W.A. Surls.

Did you ever check out those camera apps?

Completely forgot about those! Glad you reminded me, because the app I'm using is driving me NUTS!

Going to be a full-on winter day here tomorrow. I'll get a fire blazing and check em out. Thanks for the reminder.

Tony

Back