Our "Front Porch" ....

Hinderer's FB participation almost pushed me into social media but...

Noooo buts, N2K! :mad: :)

There's no excuse not to experience such an extraordinary venue. The participation alone as you've mentioned above is enough to tip the scales.......

But to truly inherent what I find myself unable to describe via words. Well, is something you have to see to know exists.......

Seeing is believing (so to speak). :thumbup: :)

Nice try...however I have no "need" for FB. If any "old friends" wanted to reconnect, I'da sought those connections long ago but I've moved on in life and disposition. And I'm neither big on advertising my personal life nor am I easily impressed by others.

As for friendships w/ the Hinderer crew...:thumbup::cool:

xxfalconxx you and Mr. Rubi really should "strongly" consider joining the Hinderer Facebook Group. It's truly a wondrous place that I'm sure you both would enjoy! And I'm not just saying that just to be saying it :). It's a no nonsense, strictly Hinderer related content, close knit family type environment. There's lots of familiar faces....... so no need to be shy, haha. Plus, if you don't like it your more than eligible for a full refund....... no questions ask. Although I highly doubt you'll want to leave once you get a sample of the hospitality and respect each member has for one another. Hmm reminds me of another joyous place I like to frequent....... ;)

Not to mention the various encounters daily from some of the men of the Ranch themselves (Rick, Rob, and Ben) to name a few. Lol, there's more....... much more! But I'd rather you witness those special things yourselves. I don't want to ruin all of the surprises. :D

(P.S.) If you worried about your privacy or would like to be incognito....... just create a "dummy" account. You can even use your username here to make things easier. Just know this is a "CLOSED GROUP". So no one can see the content but you and the members a part of the group. Not even your friends/family if they haven't joined. Which is great, if you ask me....... :thumbup:

The RHK connection would be the only thing I'd be interested in. Is there an easy to follow step-by-step process that can be followed? Again, I would not want to be full-blown FB. Just access to RHK content to see what is different from here.

Rubi, you can go "private" but anything posted online/shared w/ third or multiple parties is never very private. I've seen images some thought were unobtainable as they were posted in a private FB, etc...easily and to their surprise discovered w/ simple Internet searches.

Nice try...however I have no "need" for FB. If any "old friends" wanted to reconnect, I'da sought those connections long ago but I've moved on in life and disposition. And I'm neither big on advertising my personal life nor am I easily impressed by others.

Well, you don't have to do any of that and can still join "Rick Hinderer Knives - Users and Collectors" on Facebook but if you want to use that as your excuse not to join that is fine.

The RHK connection would be the only thing I'd be interested in. Is there an easy to follow step-by-step process that can be followed? Again, I would not want to be full-blown FB. Just access to RHK content to see what is different from here.

Go to Facebook.com, join Facebook, put in no personal information, make your profile private, request to join "Rick Hinderer Knives - Users and Collectors". I'll let you in if you ask nice...

:cool:

Well, you don't have to do any of that and can still join "Rick Hinderer Knives - Users and Collectors" on Facebook but if you want to use that as your excuse not to join that is fine.

Go to Facebook.com, join Facebook, put in no personal information, make your profile private, request to join "Rick Hinderer Knives - Users and Collectors". I'll let you in if you ask nice...

:cool:

My FB choice has NOTHING to do w/ Hinderer. And it is the Ranch's offical participation that almost had me create a FB account. I'll continue to consider it.

Rubi, you can go "private" but anything posted online/shared w/ third or multiple parties is never very private. I've seen images some thought were unobtainable as they were posted in a private FB, etc...easily and to their surprise discovered w/ simple Internet searches.

That's true whether you have a FB account or not.

Lol, I used to be as stubborn as you. Then I tried something new, and things always worked out fine despite my initial discontent :thumbup:. Heck, I used to only lurk the forums until one day I signed up and decided to give it a "try". And it was a good thing I did....... because since that faithful day (which I am grateful for) I've met some of the most warmhearted, selfless, respectful, filled of integrity (<--- that's just the tip of the iceberg) individuals "ANYONE" could ever hope to meet in their entire lives :). And I wouldn't change my decision for the world. (S)ugar. (H)oney. (I)ce. (T)ea. if you asked me would I do it all over again....... my reply would be, "You can bet your fanny, I would. In a heartbeat!" :)

I feel you guys/gals and this knife/gadget/gear journey is irreplaceable and money couldn't buy such passion! This is something that you have to live, something that's in you, perhaps some would say becomes a part of you. And I'm truly thankful for that (meaning you guys/gals), because through you I've learned so much....... and know that such knowledge will continue as long as I stay open minded and am willing to learn from all the various outlets available. Including Facebook, haha. ;) :D

Though I can only encourage and stay hopeful....... I truly hope one day you make an exception to your rule and open your books. Haha, of course that last sentence was meant metaphorically....... I just thought I would throw a little something, something, knife related in there amongst all the mushy stuff. :p

Come for the knives, Stay for the people!

Last edited:
You certainly are expressively passionate.... Nice to see/hear. In a world replete with snarky negativity - it is nice to read and get a feel for how happy RHK, the Hobby and visiting here as well as other venues can contribute to someone.
Very cheerful.

If I do the FB/social thing I'll keep it low pro. More lurking and little sharing.... But to be honest a huge turnoff to social media is something I observe often...

...everywhere there are people no longer viewing the beauty of this planet or the spectacle that is live events w/ naked eyes...so many view a screen who's camera shows them it's view of the world...extremely amused by those who walk around w/ tablets and selfie sticks. Anyway, this activity is not the way I roll...open to on-board cameras when / if deemed necessary.

You certainly are expressively passionate.... Nice to see/hear. In a world replete with snarky negativity - it is nice to read and get a feel for how happy RHK, the Hobby and visiting here as well as other venues can contribute to someone.
Very cheerful.

Agree.

You're Good, still Fun.

I went to the store last night and got the makings for "Jamaican Jerk Chicken" a delightful make-it and forget it kinda dish that is great all year and is a great picnic bring along dish.
This is what it looks like before seasoning and oven time. Along with it you make a red beans and rice.

Seasoned and ready to cover and bake at *350

You're Good, still Fun.

I went to the store last night and got the makings for "Jamaican Jerk Chicken" a delightful make-it and forget it kinda dish that is great all year and is a great picnic bring along dish.
This is what it looks like before seasoning and oven time. Along with it you make a red beans and rice.

Looks fantastic...what time do you want me to arrive? I'll bring beverages. :)

Very cheerful.

You got it, my friend! You don't need my help at all, haha. :thumbup: ;)

Honestly, I've always been the glass half-full instead of half empty type of guy. And with me going through so much in life. I have a great appreciation for everything I have, and overall respect for everyone I meet. I live by the treat others, the way you would like to be treated moniker. And it's a highly sought after quality I look for in other people. And I'm here to tell you Mr. Rubi....... you, N2K, Rick, Rob, xxfalconxx, and a lot of others in this crazy hobby we all love, got it! Well as far as I can tell, unless the dialog and advice I read from you guys have deceived me, haha. Which I doubt, because I'm usual good with feeling people out (well I hope so, Lol). :p

If I do the FB/social thing I'll keep it low pro. More lurking and little sharing.... But to be honest a huge turnoff to social media is something I observe often...

...everywhere there are people no longer viewing the beauty of this planet or the spectacle that is live events w/ naked eyes...so many view a screen who's camera shows them it's view of the world...extremely amused by those who walk around w/ tablets and selfie sticks. Anyway, this activity is not the way I roll...open to on-board cameras when / if deemed necessary.

Dang it, N2K! I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Everything you stated is pure gold, and I had to highlight the whole paragraph to emphasize on how meaningful it was....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

When you run for president....... just know, you got "my" vote! :thumbup: ;)

Last edited:
Looks fantastic...what time do you want me to arrive? I'll bring beverages. :)

Trust me, almost worth the drive. This is a tasty dish indeed and one I Highly recommend. Winter/Summer/Picnic.... anytime anywhere it is a big hit.

You got it, my friend! You don't need my help at all, haha. :thumbup: ;)

Honestly, I've always been the glass half-full instead of half empty type of guy. And with me going through so much in life. I have a great appreciation for everything I have, and overall respect for everyone I meet. I live by the treat others, the way you would like to be treated moniker. And it's a highly sought after quality I look for in other people. And I'm here to tell you Mr. Rubi....... you, N2K, Rick, Rob, xxfalconxx, and a lot of others in this crazy hobby we all love, got it! Well as far as I can tell, unless the dialog and advice I read from you guys have deceived me, haha. Which I doubt, because I'm usual good with feeling people out (well I hope so, Lol). :p

Dang it, N2K! I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Everything you stated is pure gold, and I had to highlight the whole paragraph to emphasis on how meaningful was is....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

When you run for president....... just know, you got "my" vote! :thumbup: ;)

I got different colors though..... So I got that going for me!

Dang, look at me....... I'm up here writing this book on morals and I'm missing all the replies, haha. That looks great Rubi! So what's for dessert?!?!

And thank you RDA, for giving them the push they need! *High Five* my friend. And I know where to find you at, Lol. That's "facebook" in case anyone (cough) N2K (cough), was wondering. Okay, I'm done....... for now! ;)

Last edited:

Soooooooo......how did it turn out.....??? Not spicy enough......just perfect.......or blew a hole in my colon the next morning......???

I think I just made the best cup o' coffee I have had in about a week.......so it looks to be a fantastic start to the day........
It also looks like the weather may have turned a corner so official BBQ season kicks off tonight.......I ventured out a couple times this winter but it was not a pleasant experience......tonight looks like it should be a nice evening to stand outside and enjoy a beer while grilling a steak.....
So, the big decision I am faced with is what to say to the butcher when he says, "Can I help you....???"

New York Sirloin
T-Bone
Tenderloin or
Ribeye.......???

I've always found that the Ribeye is a little fatty.......but wickedly tender and usually the tastiest.......

Back