1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

PayPal friends and family

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Salo, Aug 11, 2019.

1. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Oct 10, 2000
    Man, these two, Smiler and Philleee? They HAVE to be one and the same, their mannerisms (or actually "lack of manners") seems identical, they both have the same moral compass (broken). At best they are annoying, yet entertaining trolls, but they should already be on most folks ignore list by now, so really, entertaining to who, 5-6 of us?

Smiler and Philleee, two "Wild and Crazy Trolls"

2. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    both are on my ignor-ant list.

3. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Festrunk brothers?

4. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Buying a knife from one of these guys...

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  5. Krinsky1965

Krinsky1965 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Okay, you can pay me using G&S, sorry for the fight..

6. blueboost

blueboost Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Yesterday I posted a sale and listed prices as f&f. People posted to change it and of course I did. In my other hobby, f&f is the norm, so I was just used to default typing "f&f". Since I don't do too much trading here I wasn't aware it was such an issue. Perhaps that is why a really nice Manix and salt 2 have gone without any interest, I shot myself in the foot there I suppose. Anyhow... My point of posting is that I was once scammed on a sale where I took f&f but the buyer used a CC and performed a charge back. PP immediately yanked the money out of my account regardless of the f&f small print. So, f&f really doesn't guarantee you are in the clear either.

7. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Seems like PP has changed the wording a bit and it should just add to the confusion. Option one was sending it with protection. Option 2 was sending it to someone you trusted, but when you go into the fee schedule all still seems the same.

8. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    In order to know that God doesn't exist, you would have to be omniscient. You're not. Just a FYI.

9. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Using a credit card is the best option with paypal, as the credit card company trumps PayPal's decision. The thing is, unless something has changed, using a credit card for a f&f payment gets charged as a cash advance (higher interest if not paid off promptly)

10. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Yes, higher rate, and it starts to accrue the day you send it. Same as if you send money Western Union on a credit card, even if it's for a purchase. I just double checked that with mine a few weeks ago, because they had the option of sending a WU online, using your card.