1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

People who blatantly and fraudulently sell knives as hand made when they are blanks..

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by GrizzlyBear, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1234

1234 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 13, 2005
    :thumbup:

1234,,,:D

2. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    :thumbdn: on your post. Indifference to the victimization of others is indicative of a lack of ethics or morals.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  3. Drew Riley

Drew Riley Riley Knife and Tool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2007
    Interesting that he 'retains' a lawyer from another state. There's about a 330 mile difference from the address his attorney gives, and the one that Mr. Williams provided.

I'm guessing Mr. Parker is a family friend or relative.

4. eks

eks

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm amazed someone hasn't sued Blade Forum sooner. There is a lot of gossip and unsubstantiated accusations that I took the time to find out were false. Frankly childish, vicious and evil attacks against others. Grow up! Some of these guys need a serious time out or maybe a spanking. It's easy to be a dick and to find other dicks try and be a man a rise above this. This started with an accusation that Williams Knife Company bought a blank from Midwest Knife company simply because it looks like the same design. That turned out FALSE. In fact someone copied his design and made it a hidden tang he sells a full tang design. Where are the apologizes? Man up! or Shut up! As I investigated the accusers some had on their web site knives that came from Texas Knife Supply and Jantz. Hypocrisy isn't just for the Christians I guess. Have you nothing better to do than to be better at what you do?

5. SidTheMuss

SidTheMuss

Dec 23, 2010
    just helping to prove my 1st point

6. Taocat

Taocat

Oct 21, 2008
    If someone did use blanks and advertised them as hand-made, wouldn't you think the very last thing they would want is to do is have this come out as evidence in court? Just sayin'.

7. SidTheMuss

SidTheMuss

Dec 23, 2010
    I couldn't agree more...it's like a mass hysteria witch hunt at times

8. SidTheMuss

SidTheMuss

Dec 23, 2010
    duplicate

9. Taocat

Taocat

Oct 21, 2008
    The matter could be settled in moments if Mr. Williams would provide proof that he made the blades he advertised as hand-made, and firmly stated that he did not use blanks. Then this matter would be put to rest, and people would go about their business. No worries.

It is strange that the language on Williams Knife website changed after this thread appeared. I hope people know and understand that a capture of the previous website exists, which could look very bad for them. Not a legal opinion.

10. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator

May 6, 2009
    Are there any experienced makers or knowledgeable collectors in the Charleston, SC area? He said his shop was open for a tour.

11. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    My thoughts exactly.

My bro-in-law is an attorney who is now a Sherriff candidate. He has shown me some of the paperwork that he and his lawyers have submitted to various powers to be in several court actions that he and his opponent have been butting heads over.

I was in the internet e-commerce business for 12 years and worked on a lot of websites for myself and others. I received cease and desist emails from some damn big companies but you could tell smaller operations - heck just Google it and they have cease and desist "templates' that you can download and Doctor up anyway you want. I know, I've used them with success on eBay sellers who sold products but used my images.

I have never seen such a "not written by an real lawyer" page in my life. :thumbdn:

12. evanPGH

evanPGH

Dec 24, 2012
    It's not addressed to you, I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

13. JamesBro

JamesBro Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2012
    short and to the point, A++++

14. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator

May 6, 2009
    He admitted to me on the phone that some of his knives used kit blades but claimed that some are completely hand made, yet he did not and still does not denote the difference between the two. This leads me to believe that they are all kit blades.

15. Drew Riley

Drew Riley Riley Knife and Tool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2007
    While I agree that portions of this thread are in fact unsubstantiated, much of the "unsubstantiation" comes from Mr. Williams himself, who has presently refused to answer some very basic and straightforward questions about what clearly appears to be a misrepresentation of the products that his company produces.

I'm not sure why there is such a disconnect here, or for that matter, what seems like a high tolerance for dishonesty.

As for the hypocrites with Texas Knife Maker / Jantz blanks posted on their sites: Are they advertising them as completely hand made too?

Once again: The issue is not about using blanks, contracting work out, producting mid techs, or anything of the sort.

The issue is plain and simple: DISHONESTY and MISREPRESENTATION

16. evanPGH

evanPGH

Dec 24, 2012
    I was wondering exactly this. Someone please call him out on it.

17. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Edited because I was dead wrong.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  18. Taocat

Taocat

Oct 21, 2008
    If the people who were attacking this thread would state why they feel the products on the Williams site in question were not misrepresented, or how it would be ethical to advertise a kit knife as a hand-made custom, their indignation might be better understood by the rest of us. Nothing of substance is ever brought forth to show how those questioning Mr. Williams methods are wrong.

19. sammythebull1952

sammythebull1952 Banned BANNED

Aug 20, 2013
    -----

It seems that there are a lot of "knife makers" with a lot of free time on their hands, which is a story in and of itself...and I don't really have a dog in the fight but I do love knives. I was turned onto this thread from someone who knows him. I have watched this play out for a few days. So I thought I would make an observation, that's completely just my opinion, although some of the FACTS can be easily found on the Secretary of State's Office of Kentucky's website, Bladeforums.com and Onestopknifeshop.com:

It seems we have a little case of the pot calling the kettle black syndrome here. Answer me this, if ethics, morals, honesty, and integrity associated with a person's business practices is the core issue here, and chief complaint..then how is it possible that Kevin Schlossberg (Spark), owner of Twelve Bravo Marketing, LLC, operating as One Stop Knife Shop.com AND BladeForums.com, and has been "conducting business" clearly during the time period between 9/10/2011 and today...done so in an "Inactive" AND "Bad" status since September of 2011 in his home state of Kentucky AND no such change has been made to date, which would lead one to believe he hasn't changed anything in 2 years. One would think revenues must be being recognized internally from retail sales at the web store AND through "paid memberships" at the forum, but not so sure if and/or even how they could be and properly reported for taxation purposes for a company (Twelve Bravo Marketing, LLC) that hasn't even existed the last 2 years?

May just be a reporting error for the state of Kentucky that hasn't been corrected in 2 years, who knows? I know for me, I would be absolutely sure that I had all "my" business dealings in order before I questioned anyone else and "their" business practices. Often times the squeeky wheel gets the grease. And looking at section 3A. of the Subscriber and User Agreement of Bladeforums.com...my opinion is that it is operated equally as loosely as the parent company.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, all of this is my opinion and there seems to be an overload of it already here on this board. But what do I know??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  20. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Still at it on here

I admire your stones Spark.........wait that doesn't sound right:eek: You know what I mean,I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.