Attention Pick a Color! Any Color!!

Here are the choices. This is not your last chance!!

• White, Ivory

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Red, Black Cherry, Blood Red

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • Yellow, Rotten Banana

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Green, Emerald, Forest

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Blue, Dark, Light

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Brown, 5-6 choices later!

Votes: 137 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmek5

Gold Member
Whoa, what happened here. Looked away for awhile & brown is catching up.
Can't go wrong with brown. So many great options.
GQJWBcV.jpg

8r2hIwI.jpg

Ramrodmb

Gold Member
Red will offer a lot of options on the next poll. Blood Red Sawcut on a Barlow is a thing of beauty 😍. There's quite a bit of Black on Blood Red, really makes the red pop.

C6NVEt9.jpg

pic source: collectorknives.net
If you don’t mind the chance of pink around the booster. That one is pushing it and I’ve found GEC and dealers tend to take pics of the darker ones for there sites.

I think someone mentioned before that this would be Hemlock Green - which I am all for, it's a wonderful color.
I think so too, maybe waynorth waynorth will consider adding Hemlock Green to the final poll regardless of who the winner is.. white, green, brown, red. I don't think there's been a sawcut Hemlock Green before. I feel like it would turn out nice with contrasting colors showing up after polishing.

T. Erdelyi

Basic Member
On the off chance I can still get in on this buy and still enjoy some of the fun that the voting entails in Gina save my vote till the last moment.

Now in the interest of making an educated choice, (remember, a traditional knife should never be a choice of whimsy. Back in the day, buying a quality Traditional pocket knife (I guess they just called’em knives back then. Lol ) ) was a serious thing.

A good pocket knife could cost a week or more of your hard earned salary, this required some serious forethought and consideration prior to such a large cash purchase.

See, you can tell I’m back, many paragraphs and I’m just getting to the point :).

Ok Here goes, back in the day what were the yellow handled knives handled with, synthetics or dyed bone? What kind of nice did they use back then versus what kind of bone do they use now? Cow bone, camel or giraffe were the popular bone of the day if I’m not mistaken, what modern bone do we use and just out of curiosity, what is it dyed with?

I have several Cases Yellow Bone handled knives but they’re all synthetic. The thought of a dyed yellow bone is exciting.

black mamba

Gold Member
It seems to me that with so many votes cast for colors other than red and brown (which can't possibly win), when this poll is over we should have another poll between just red and brown. That would more closely reflect the wishes of the entire voting population. After that, we could continue with the more specific color poll. Of course, as we near the end of this poll, voters for other colors could change their votes to red or brown to make them more meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.