PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery you shouldn't apologize for voicing a well reasoned opinion. We are adults here and should be able to discuss things like this without worrying about being attacked or shut down. You didn't attack anyone for posting a potential clone, just addressed the concern and why it was a concern.

South paw draw South paw draw I think you're fine. I wouldn't know it was a clone, supposedly, unless they used the exact same name or something like that. There are a ton of differences between the 2 knives posted by Sharp in post 242. Blade grind, color, handle shape, handle texture, screw placing, pivot screw, flipper tab, sharpening choil, gimping, and maybe a few other things I'm not seeing. I could see it being an "inspired by" said knife, but not necessarily a clone unless there is something somewhere stating it was a Holt when it wasn't. If was stated to be made by a person it wasn't disregard everything I said, that's misrepresenting what is being offered and no good. I don't see any branding or anything to know differently and I'm not familiar with either what you posted or the Holt knife.

My uneducated opinion.

South paw draw South paw draw had me thinking about schnitzel all weekend.

Ended up making a different rendition, Japanese style who also eat their pork cutlets with lemon. The side is lettuce and enoki mushrooms braised in sake and soy sauce.

Z1tSBxs.jpg

When things die down at work I'm gonna hit a biergarten for lunch!

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery you shouldn't apologize for voicing a well reasoned opinion. We are adults here and should be able to discuss things like this without worrying about being attacked or shut down. You didn't attack anyone for posting a potential clone, just addressed the concern and why it was a concern.

South paw draw South paw draw I think you're fine. I wouldn't know it was a clone, supposedly, unless they used the exact same name or something like that. There are a ton of differences between the 2 knives posted by Sharp in post 242. Blade grind, color, handle shape, handle texture, screw placing, pivot screw, flipper tab, sharpening choil, gimping, and maybe a few other things I'm not seeing. I could see it being an "inspired by" said knife, but not necessarily a clone unless there is something somewhere stating it was a Holt when it wasn't. If was stated to be made by a person it wasn't disregard everything I said, that's misrepresenting what is being offered and no good. I don't see any branding or anything to know differently and I'm not familiar with either what you posted or the Holt knife.

My uneducated opinion.
It was just to close for my comfort zone. And I am thankful for the point out. In tell I know what it is for sure it is not going anywhere. It's just not worth my personal creditworthiness. If I can track down what it is exactly and I know it is not a clone then I can reoffer it in the future. But that's the only way. Non of us would purposely mislead anyone. At least I want to believe none of us would.

My uneducated opinion.

Thank you for pointing that out. Correct, Im just pointing out that I thought it was a clone.

It was just to close for my comfort zone. And I am thankful for the point out. In tell I know what it is for sure it is not going anywhere. It's just not worth my personal creditworthiness. If I can track down what it is exactly and I know it is not a clone then I can reoffer it in the future. But that's the only way. Non of us would purposely mislead anyone. At least I want to believe none of us would.

Thank you for not taking it personally. My intention was not to attack anyone, as it was
just my opinion on a lookalike. South Paw Draw, you are a great guy in my books, and your personal creditworthiness is not in question at all. Very very impressed with your character, Sir!

Nothing like going to the post office and hearing them tell you they can’t find your package with you Hinderer Fulltrack Battlefield Pickup edition in it.

Well I guess at least it’s insured, replaceable perhaps if I can find another on the exchange. :(:(

Nothing like going to the post office and hearing them tell you they can’t find your package with you Hinderer Fulltrack Battlefield Pickup edition in it.

Well I guess at least it’s insured, replaceable perhaps if I can find another on the exchange. :(:(

Sorry to hear that. Really sucks.
Hopefully they “find” it, soon.

Luckily they found it yesterday at the wrong post office so it made it to my post office and is out for delivery today. :D

Right on! Happy for ya! :)

No jolibee but kfc and church’s chicken and a lucky wishbone.
What's Lucky Wishbone? I also love Popeyes and a local ghetto fried chicken spot in NYC Kennedy Fried Chicken you order food through bullet proof glass and a steel cage, lmao. So good though!

What's Lucky Wishbone? I also love Popeyes and a local ghetto fried chicken spot in NYC Kennedy Fried Chicken you order food through bullet proof glass and a steel cage, lmao. So good though!

The places with bullet proof glass are always good. They pay extra for security so they have that worthy food.
Lucky wishbone does fried chicken, gizzards, fried shrimp. Beleive there only
In Tucson been around for about 60 years. We have egees one opened in Phoenix a while back but it’s a Tucson icee chain. Open all year round need them icees in winter

Y'all's been quite in here. No wonder I couldn't find the thread.

I hope this is acceptable, but I want to get a PIF'ers passaround list put together for the knives I have designed with JK knives. I should be receiving them in 2-3 weeks. There are 3 of them based on 2 designs, 2 saber grinds and 1 scandivex. All 3/32" O1 steel. The design is intended to put in a ton of belly into a sub-3" blade on a fairly neutral handle design. The design's cutouts are posted over in my collaboration announcement thread on JK Knives' part of the BF. I know I've talked with a few of you about it so I know there's interest, but how many more PIF'ers am I looking at that would be interested?

If you liked the mini drover I posted pics of and talked up highly in the PIF thread, I think you're going to enjoy what JK and I have put together. It was the big influencer of why I wanted these designs to be 1st.

I’d love to see what the final outcome is on the pointy trading blade, let me know what you need.

That's the one that will likely be sometime in Feb/March. I'm working with hand carved wooden models right now on that one.

I’d
Y'all's been quite in here. No wonder I couldn't find the thread.

I hope this is acceptable, but I want to get a PIF'ers passaround list put together for the knives I have designed with JK knives. I should be receiving them in 2-3 weeks. There are 3 of them based on 2 designs, 2 saber grinds and 1 scandivex. All 3/32" O1 steel. The design is intended to put in a ton of belly into a sub-3" blade on a fairly neutral handle design. The design's cutouts are posted over in my collaboration announcement thread on JK Knives' part of the BF. I know I've talked with a few of you about it so I know there's interest, but how many more PIF'ers am I looking at that would be interested?

If you liked the mini drover I posted pics of and talked up highly in the PIF thread, I think you're going to enjoy what JK and I have put together. It was the big influencer of why I wanted these designs to be 1st.
I’d be in for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back