Pre-order for the new Kephart?

pre-order for the new Kephart?

• Yes, start a pre-order

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
That sir is the most fantastic and beautiful, amazing patina I have ever witnessed. If that's what I am seeing.... If you don't mind... get in touch me with me about how you did that?

Thank you for the kind words! I have written about that on another thread, please do feel free to check it out and private message if you have further question.

A quick apology for the slight derail, still looking forward to CPK Kephart!

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/thank-you-for-this-wonderful-knife.1709888/

20200117_173331-jpg.1267079

There is no image that I can see.

Even with simple lines, if it is made in D3V, there's probably enough upside for me to get one.

Any chance we will see a limited offer with double convex?

Even with simple lines, if it is made in D3V, there's probably enough upside for me to get one.

Any chance we will see a limited offer with double convex?

Double convex, no. But I do intend to try a bi-bevel design to achieve the function of the convex. functionally, Delta 3V does not need to be as steep behind the edge as the original due to its superior durability, but there is some advantage to the angles tapering off higher up the primaries to reduce binding when splitting wood. the knife will receive tweaks before they ship and it's impossible to predict which tweaks will work and which won't, but that is one of the things on the whiteboard for this project.

my goal is not to perfectly duplicate the exact detail of the original as much as create a modern Kephart that would follow the original design intent but with modern materials and processes. I'm trying to make the knife that Horace would select based on materials and techniques available today.

4.5” handle, 5” blade?

Looks pretty good to me if the price is OK.

although the project was not intended to be inexpensive, a side effect of the Kephart design is lower costs compared to much of our other offerings. it will only be $250 in standard configuration.

View attachment 1475856

It's a Kephart. *shrug*

Nobody buys these for its beautiful lines.
We’ve seen Old Hickory knives before, thanks for the reminder, but we want a pic of the one you are gonna make........

Won’t be the first time I’ve taken something ugly home. I ended up enjoying it all the other times, I expect this to be no different, but just like those other times, don’t expect me to show it off to my friends.

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo

Just in case you didn't see this (I didn't go through all the posts)

Thanks BE, I hadn't seen this. Not sure if I'll be finacially able due to just forking out hundreds on a non-knife purchase. :)

Nathan, I commend you, but while a 5" blade is more true to scale, would you consider taking a poll to see if others would like a shorter blade? Possibly 4"? You yourself said something to the effect that this will be your rendition.
Or do you think Horace would be rolling around in his grave? :)

Thanks BE, I hadn't seen this. Not sure if I'll be finacially able due to just forking out hundreds on a non-knife purchase. :)

Nathan, I commend you, but while a 5" blade is more true to scale, would you consider taking a poll to see if others would like a shorter blade? Possibly 4"? You yourself said something to the effect that this will be your rendition.
Or do you think Horace would be rolling around in his grave? :)

This is a niche item and will be made in low quantities. I'm going to keep things as simple as possible. Simplicity is the key. One version.

Back