Pre-order for the new Kephart?

pre-order for the new Kephart?

• Yes, start a pre-order

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
Hi Nathan, I asked this question in your question thread but figured it’s better suited here.

Are there any chances of getting unbuffed burlap on a Kephart preorder? I just think it would suit the knife so perfectly.

If not would double black micarta be an option?

Sorry, I know you want to keep this project simple but thought I better ask. :)

Thank in advance,
Justin

Hi Nathan, I asked this question in your question thread but figured it’s better suited here.

Are there any chances of getting unbuffed burlap on a Kephart preorder? I just think it would suit the knife so perfectly.

If not would double black micarta be an option?

Sorry, I know you want to keep this project simple but thought I better ask. :)

Thank in advance,
Justin

I'm sorry Justin, I'm going to keep the scales options simple on this project. Part of the reason being it takes a different thickness than most of our other scales.

I'm sorry Justin, I'm going to keep the scales options simple on this project. Part of the reason being it takes a different thickness than most of our other scales.

Do you also intend to keep them "smoother" in texture like in the CAD rendering? I know that your micarta is porous and grippy, specially when unbuffed, but was wondering about that laminated wally option.

I'm not going to preorder on this, as kepharts just don't interest me. But I'm not against preordering. I'd love another HDFK or a kitchen knife and I would be willing to preorder it especially if there were extra options. Not sure if either of these patterns are even in the upcoming schedule as I'm out of the loop.

Last edited:
This Group buy- not joining as I have other knives this size that I prefer and funds are very tight right now.

Group buys from CPK- Definitely in favor. I am one of those guys that never seems to be in the right place at the right time and fast enough to score on the Friday sales. I do sometimes grab knives on the secondary market but the GB lets me pick the slabs I would prefer and relax knowing that patience delivers me just the knife I wanted. The GB is just a good option for me.

I am in on the DEK1 GB and have no issue waiting. IF a LC run came up on a GB, I would jump on that with both feet. LC's bring high dollar on the used market and i have been jonesing for one for a long time :)

Bill

Hi Nathan,

Is the black micarta the same as the black that was used on the HDFK’s (kinda a layered two tone look) or is it more of a solid black?

Thanks,
Justin

PXL_20210116_183657583_copy_790x584.jpg PXL_20210116_184013589.PORTRAIT_copy_1113x626.jpg

Nimble little blade I can feel the appeal now!

Got a bk62 to mess with a bit until the CPK version shows up. I'm excited to see what they do with their new generation Kephart. The wood in the wet feels terrible with cold hands. Wish it was antique micarta instead ;) I'll have to do a little sanding and treat it properly.

Back