Prototype Cincy Machax

Update. I received this email today.

I thought I’d check in with you before processing your Blade. I had it analyzed and it came up as 4140 Alloy steel. This steel is not commonly used and the highest hardness you can achieve through hardening is HRc 50-55. Do you want to proceed?
My response was Go for it.

Before sending the Machax out for HT I did a fair amount of reading about the whole process. What I was mainly concerned about was edge thickness and warping. The company I chose includes blade straightening as part of the package if it did warp.
As for the edge. 1/16 of an inch is how I received the Machax. That measurement falls within the general consensus on pre HT thickness from what I could gather.
So that left me with a dilemma. I have a Worksharp KO with the blade grinder attachment. That attachment allows me to use 18 inch belts. Big Woopty Doo. That meant hours and hours of grinding and a Butt load if belts. I needed professional help. I needed an expert who has the Skill, Passion, and a genuine interest in what I was trying to do. And I wanted a Beckerhead. Before I started this Machax resurrection I knew who I was going to ask. I reached out to one of our very own and he enthusiastically agreed and immediately worked out a battle plan. And he is donating all his time and materials to the cause. So BH#066 will be etched into the blade along with BH#057 and of course #384
This is Awesomeness Thanks Brothers daizee daizee 1066vik 1066vik
More to follow for sure.

convex or go home please :)

glad it's being stamped. wouldn't want any of these being pushed as "original as from Ethan's grubby hands"

convex or go home please :)

glad it's being stamped. wouldn't want any of these being pushed as "original as from Ethan's grubby hands"
That had a lot to do with my etching idea. I don’t want this in anyway shape or form to be mistaken now or in the future as an original Ethan Becker factory sold Machax

Last edited:
I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we have an issue with our Atmosphere oven. Currently all lead times are being pushed out atleast a week and if you are okay on waiting just a little longer it is inline to be processed soon as the oven is returned to service. If you are unable to wait please let me know and I’ll have a refund issued and ship them back to you.

Sincerely,
Rich Sasamoto
Production Director
Byington Steel Treating

Back