Prototype Cincy Machax

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we have an issue with our Atmosphere oven. Currently all lead times are being pushed out atleast a week and if you are okay on waiting just a little longer it is inline to be processed soon as the oven is returned to service. If you are unable to wait please let me know and I’ll have a refund issued and ship them back to you.

time to give up and shun them. tell the industry they are unreliable, burn them to the ground on angie's list. my god, amateurs :D

lols

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we have an issue with our Atmosphere oven. Currently all lead times are being pushed out atleast a week and if you are okay on waiting just a little longer it is inline to be processed soon as the oven is returned to service. If you are unable to wait please let me know and I’ll have a refund issued and ship them back to you.

Sincerely,
Rich Sasamoto
Production Director
Byington Steel Treating
Doh!

IMG_8495-X2.jpg

just you know, throwing that in there

A very respected Beckerhead Brother gifted this to me last week. As for now he will remain anonymous. Since my first swing of a Kukri style blade I've been a fan boy. I'm especially fond of Uncle Es Machax and later the Bk4 designs. So to have this in my possession is.... Well it's like having Your Farrah Fawcett swim suit poster come to life!!!
I'm going to clean it up, send it out for heat treatment, put on some nice micarta scales, put a Killer edge on it and then I'm going to swing the crap out of it. In my mind I'm already making perfect snap cuts right in the sweet spot everytime!!!!I
Becker Machax Prototype
Becker Machax Prototype
Becker Machax Prototype
Becker Machax Prototype
Becker Machax Prototype
Becker Machax Prototype
Wow, that is cool and it couldn't ask for a better home...

Wood scales would look sweet.

Next step is to get it to Brotha daizee for sharpening, figure out how to etch our Beckerhead numbers into it, and I'm thinking some Tommy the Who walnut scales.

Sharpie works as a resist for some kinds of etching. Time for the googles and reading and experiments.
PM inbound.

Sharpie works as a resist for some kinds of etching. Time for the googles and reading and experiments.
PM inbound.
Is it hard to put an initial edge on a recurve?

Is it hard to put an initial edge on a recurve?

It is, sorta.
Well... I've never done an *initial* edge on a recurve. The trick with inner curves in general is to avoid letting the edges of a belt dig deep gouges. Typically I sharpen entirely by hand on flat diamond stones, but this will be long, thick and curved (That's what Tank said. 😅) so the flat-tool/by-hand approach won't work very well. Approaching it a little differently is my plan... reserving the right to change that plan between now and completion. I'll take some pictures and hopefully it will leave sharp and with both myself and the blade uninjured. 😆

but this will be long, thick and curved (That's what Tank said. 😅)
:D

I'd be freaking out if it were up to me to do it, haha. I can't sharpen anything too good, never have. "Field" sharp I can do, but razor sharp, nope. For one, I don't have the patience for it, and also, I have a hard time maintaining the same angle. I normally use my Lansky 4 rod turn box. I also have a Work Sharp guided field sharpener, and a Lansky sharpening system, the one with the guide rods, but rarely use them.

use the largest diameter wheel you've got at the slowest speed lay the bevel on it and pull against the direction of belt travel.
because you're laying the edge across the flat of the wheel, it won't give you a hollow grind -- but if you don't have a steady hand, you can end up with some ripples.

It is, sorta.
Well... I've never done an *initial* edge on a recurve. The trick with inner curves in general is to avoid letting the edges of a belt dig deep gouges. Typically I sharpen entirely by hand on flat diamond stones, but this will be long, thick and curved (That's what Tank said. 😅) so the flat-tool/by-hand approach won't work very well. Approaching it a little differently is my plan... reserving the right to change that plan between now and completion. I'll take some pictures and hopefully it will leave sharp and with both myself and the blade uninjured. 😆
Peyronie's disease

🤣

Back