Attention Q and A re: the BF Spring Street Barlow!! Read carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More folks would participate in the forums if there weren’t “entitled” grown men acting childish. The requirements were pretty cut and dry. It doesn’t matter if you been here 15 years or since February 2021. It doesn’t matter if you have 50 post here or 50,000. For people to assume everyone is a flipper is just crazy to me. I don’t know who needs to hear this but other people collect knives without trying to sell them for profit. Thanks again for EVERY single person that made this happen(even those who feel entitled). Let’s do a little better with being decent humans. I’ve never seen knife men act the way some of you guys act it is mind boggling to me.

Last edited:
For the last time, at the time you first responded to me, you didn't meet either qualification, so I don't understand your inability to grasp this.

I'm sorry I'm not being more "encouraging" for a YouBoob "celebrity" who clearly expected deferential treatment after a fan revealed his vaunted status. If I'd known "royalty" was gonna show up out of nowhere to try to lay claim to a knife meant for participating Bladeforums members, I'd have worn knee-pads and a nice shirt! 😅

My sincerest apologies, My Liege, it shan't happen again! LOL

You're making a lot of leaps in this post my dude.

Cmon man, this really isn't all that hard to understand. Yes its a bladeforums knife, but its entirely designed by this sub forum and those that participate in it. Admiring is different than participation. I'm not going to put a definition on what exactly participation is, just that everyone knows it when they see it.
I participated in Handle selection, Color selection all of the Polls....BUT that doesn't add to my Post Count so it was all behind the scenes...Participation is what we all saw in the Bone Color Poll with members poking each other, and that nonsense is what the Porch Expects, and I don't participate in that manner. I recently participated in the CASE 1095 discussion with actual pertinent knife steel information.

I don’t often post here, but I read a lot. As a casual observer, I can attest that the tone of this thread is very much unPorch-like!

I hope the most deserving BF members get a knife, but in my opinion this thread should be closed. We’re pooping all over a beautiful knife.

I participated in Handle selection, Color selection all of the Polls....BUT that doesn't add to my Post Count so it was all behind the scenes...Participation is what we all saw in the Bone Color Poll with members poking each other, and that nonsense is what the Porch Expects, and I don't participate in that manner. I recently participated in the CASE 1095 discussion with actual pertinent knife steel information.

I would argue that participation in the polls is more than just clicking a radial button that coincides with your choice. I understand that is how you chose to engage but many of us prefer to poke each other because how could anyone possibly think that anything but my choice is the correct one?! I know, I know... it blows my mind too. 😏

(Disclaimer, because this is the internet: That last bit was most certainly tongue-in-cheek)

When you responded I felt obligated to offer my retort...I have no issue with you or any of the others, I merely pointed out the FACT that the Knife in question is stamped "BLADE FORUMS" NOT "PORCH MEMBERS ONLY" there in lies the rub. Knife makers forum has a couple of KITH (Knife in the Hat) where makers build a knife to be given away in a blind drawing to another maker participating in the KITH....Some Good, Some Need more Practice. I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything I have just as much chance of getting or not getting based on those decisions made by the members running the show. I will however point out that in Charlie's original post he did NOT Emphasize Porch Participation Mandatory...it was date of enrollment, 25 posts (didn't say in the porch only to qualify), and not posts in the exchange....I read the RULES a couple of times and in fact I posted the Rules when another person wanted to know what the rules were....But Alas that thread is now gone, so your honor my defense and prime witness no longer exist. I will leave you with this: You and your Frat Brothers can sit and laugh at the rest of us In Your Porch Members Only Thread showing off your catch...Keep your Joints Oiled:)
A shame you just can't help yourself, it was all going all so well until then too :rolleyes: If you're being laughed at by anyone here, it's because of your posts, not because you're not able to get a knife. Sadly, you're not the first member here to have a meltdown, because they didn't get a particular knife, but I'm sure you'll calm down, and get over it. It's only a knife after all, and there are more important things in life than that. Most of us who buy our annual knife do so because it is a 'club knife', because we spend a lot of time here, and get to know each other, and make friendships. It isn't really about the knife at all, forum knives don't even get shown that often. For example, I purchased the Buck knife because I had participated in the voting process, so I felt beholden to buy one (and there was no lolly scramble that year). Within 5 minutes of buying this year's knife, I had offered to gift it to another member if they couldn't secure one themselves. I've been gifted 3 forum knives by other members, in addition to the 3 I've purchased. That's the sort of thing that happens all the time here, because that's the special place this sub-forum is. THAT'S why we value our annual knife so much, something which you probably wouldn't believe, or understand, because, I'm afraid, you came into this thread with an unpleasant attitude. You've missed this years knife, you're going to get over it, you can't just come in here, and whine, and insult people, which frankly, is what you're doing. I don't know you at all, but surely you're better than that :thumbsup:

Yes they are sold out!! There are a few left in reserve, but we can't release them until the numbers coalesce, and we actually get the knives!! It's a good thing we stopped as there were several attempts to buy multiple knives!! &%#^@#*& flippers I am sure!!:mad:
The few that are left, we will offer to long-time contributors who missed this train, but some time in the future!!
You, who were asleep, but belong here, don't give up hope!!:cool:

My friends, don't fall for the flippers!! If you see a knife for sale, for a whack of money, don't buy it!! And give them bad press and tell them where to put it!!🤬
waynorth waynorth will there still be a possibility to purchase one for us on the other side of the pond/non-us members?

(For the record, AKB doesn’t abuse the knives he reviews… or at least not unless it’s useful to prove a point, and his content is legit useful. If you don’t get the satire, that’s cool, but it’s also kind of the whole point.)

Batoning a traditional folder under any circumstance is ABUSE.
And when the knife breaks, returning and expecting WARRANTY repair is well ... FRAUD, comes to mind
Satirical, cool, useful are not my thoughts, nor is "review" ... for the record.

A shame you just can't help yourself, it was all going all so well until then too :rolleyes: If you're being laughed at by anyone here, it's because of your posts, not because you're not able to get a knife. Sadly, you're not the first member here to have a meltdown, because they didn't get a particular knife, but I'm sure you'll calm down, and get over it. It's only a knife after all, and there are more important things in life than that. Most of us who buy our annual knife do so because it is a 'club knife', because we spend a lot of time here, and get to know each other, and make friendships. It isn't really about the knife at all, forum knives don't even get shown that often. For example, I purchased the Buck knife because I had participated in the voting process, so I felt beholden to buy one (and there was no lolly scramble that year). Within 5 minutes of buying this year's knife, I had offered to gift it to another member if they couldn't secure one themselves. I've been gifted 3 forum knives by other members, in addition to the 3 I've purchased. That's the sort of thing that happens all the time here, because that's the special place this sub-forum is. THAT'S why we value our annual knife so much, something which you probably wouldn't believe, or understand, because, I'm afraid, you came into this thread with an unpleasant attitude. You've missed this years knife, you're going to get over it, you can't just come in here, and whine, and insult people, which frankly, is what you're doing. I don't know you at all, but surely you're better than that :thumbsup:

The Rules says 25 posts not in the exchange.........Charlies Rules......

Not Whining just Pointing out the Facts. And you can't sit there and tell me you are not laughing at those of us that didn't participate enough and unfortunately miss out...Be Honest

The reason I brought up Case in the first place is because they decently did a SFO for a company for 500 knives. Which assing we can get the numbers is what we got this year. Obviously case would have less interest but we MIGHT be able to...
Good to know. It was posted they refused that number in the past. I forget exactly what their minimum was at the time, but it was way over 500.

(For the record, AKB doesn’t abuse the knives he reviews… or at least not unless it’s useful to prove a point, and his content is legit useful. If you don’t get the satire, that’s cool, but it’s also kind of the whole point.)
Ok after this I'm done posting about THIS subject, its derailing the thread. But here's a screenshot of him pounding a Bullbuster through a piece of wood with a another piece of wood. Screenshot_20210923-135911_YouTube.jpg
Please explain to the class how THIS isn't gross abuse of a knife.....

And you can't sit there and tell me you are not laughing at those of us that didn't participate enough and unfortunately miss out...Be Honest

I've gotten to know Jack a wee bit over the years - I can assure you, he isn't laughing and neither am I. Seriously, why would we?

Exasperated? Yes. Not necessarily with you but with the state of things in general. Things get heated over the forum knife every year - it's a wonder that we even get one across the finish line these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back