"Rambo"=AWESOME

Here you go...

BladeRamboCover.jpg

You can even buy a copy if you like, from Gil...

http://hibbenknives.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=bfce37e78b6baf8e0a1c9d580515a7a7

...or the fake from united...in D2 however which is better than 420J (what were they thinking).

http://www.unitedcutlery.com/

YO, ADRIAN!!!! Gimme your credit card! $1250.00 for a bad D2 golok? Gimme a Martindale and an SAK. :cool:

Man I just seen it today! It is the best Rambo movie made ever. I like how they tied everything up. The special effects were very realistic and graphic. The way the bullets and explosions tore people to pieces was so realistic that my jaw dropped and I almost crapped myself.:eek: I was not expecting all that from a Rambo movie. Stallone did a great job producing this movie.
When I left, it left me with the feeling like, "I can't believe that, in some parts of the world the exact same CRAP like this is actually going on, between the army/gov. and the regular(spell?) people". I actually had some tears welling up for those villagers, because some scenes were just so realistic, I thought.
I WILL be buying this on dvd when it comes out.:thumbup:

Yo,

It will be worth 5 times that much in 10 years in mint condition.;)

Skam

There is a guy preselling the United versions on eBay for $279, another for $119.

I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out. You know, the laser swords were made from the base of an old Speed Graphic flash gun-- the kind that used big flash bulbs. All they did was to remove the reflector and add a hanging ring to the bottom, I knew a guy was buying up old ones at thrift stores and garage sales, making the "conversion" and making a nice profit.

It's like baseball cards-- no value in the product itself, just in the collectability. It's a weird part of the world.

Yo,

It will be worth 5 times that much in 10 years in mint condition.;)

Skam

I just got mine from Gil, awesome tool, better than the photo, wish I bought two, one I could take in the woods, can't wait to see the movie.

The most fun review I saw was this one by Arizona Daily Star critic Phil Villarreal:

http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/blogs/philmguy/7525

He was on the screen for one second before I realized how shameful it is that we no longer have such awesome warrior personas making movies anymore. Daniel Craig’s Bond and Jason Bourne are what pass these days for action pimps. If Rambo approached Bourne and Bond in an alley, they’d fall to their knees and begin debating with one another which would wash Rambo’s car and which would handle his dry cleaning.

So anyway these bright-eyed missionaries visit Rambo in Thailand and beg him to take them to the worst place in the world, where they’ll pass out enough Bibles and band-aids to feel good about themselves when they’re back at home watching “Saved by the Bell” reruns. Rambo of course wants to go immediately. But he plays it off and pretends like he doesn’t until the hot chick comes to beg him. The girl has a doctor missionary boyfriend who gets on Rambo’s nerves, but Rambo doesn’t want to get back at him the simple way, by granting her the sexual fulfillment she so obviously longs for from Rambo. Nah, he does him one worse. He lets them go off on their own, get captured, then saves them both a million times, emasculating the guy in front of his woman while so thoroughly proving his superiority that for the rest of their lives together, she’ll see Rambo’s face whenever she closes her eyes.

I caught the 7pm showing. Very cool movie! I'm really happy with the ending of the series. There were familiar elements of the movie from the previous three. Also, Rambo is pretty nasty with a handgun apparently. A couple scenes were a little over the top but that is the nature of Rambo. A few readily available knives made a cameo including a Boker Applegate combat knife on a LBV and what looked like a Pilot's survival knife on one of the Burmese.

Overall, a very entertaining movie for a lifelong Rambo fan.

(POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD!)

If you are a crazy Rambo fan like me, you caught the alternate ending from one of the movies thrown into the flashback scene. The one with Colonel Trautman pulling a .45.

Yeah, I'm still wondering what that was thrown in for.:confused:

I always wanted to see Rambo use a khukri to lay the smack down.

Guess that will never happen.

RAMBO RULES!!! I saw it last night and want to see it again. First Blood and Rambo 4 are my favorite.

In the first movie, the one part I did not care for was when he was in such a hurry to make a poncho out of the tarp, he whips the knife out of the sheath, throws the sheath 10 feet away, cuts up the tarp, etc.

If he was in such a big hurry why did he later waste time by having to retrieve the sheath from where he threw it. (had to look around for it, retrieve it, etc). Why not just drop the sheath on the ground in front of him?

I will have to check it out based on the above reviews.

OMY

You can even buy a copy if you like, from Gil...

http://hibbenknives.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=bfce37e78b6baf8e0a1c9d580515a7a7

...or the fake from united...in D2 however which is better than 420J (what were they thinking).

http://www.unitedcutlery.com/

The replica from United will be forged 1060 carbon steel and not D2 as originally mistakenly posted on United's website. The knives that Hibben made for use in the film were D2. Gil worked with United and the replicas will be accurately made from original prototypes.

The cheap "Officially Licensed" (licensed to use the "Rambo" name only) knock-offs being made by Master Cutlery and sold by Master and Hollywood Collectables Group were not authorized by Gil and it's just another case of a knifemakers work being ripped off. If you support and respect knifemakers and all of the work they put into creating our passion for knives, please buy the authentic United version and not the rip-offs.

Might go see this one. Funny that they'd make a Golok in a primitive forge from D-2 -- an old leaf spring in 5160 would be the most likely source of steel. Heck, 1060 carbon steel as in the United version would be much more likely than D-2. Whatever, it's still just a movie.

Might go see this one. Funny that they'd make a Golok in a primitive forge from D-2 -- an old leaf spring in 5160 would be the most likely source of steel. Heck, 1060 carbon steel as in the United version would be much more likely than D-2. Whatever, it's still just a movie.

In the movie they don't say what it was made from. In the original script Rambo was to be seen scounging steel from a scrap pile. The PROP knives that Gil Hibben made for use in the movie were made from D2. Actually he made first couple of prototypes from leaf springs but as they kept developing the knife and more of them had to be made he switched to D2. He made nearly two dozen handmade prototypes for the movie.

Just saw the movie and I liked it, but I have liked all the Rambo movies so far. I was glad to see it end the way it did. :thumbup:

The replica from United will be forged 1060 carbon steel and not D2 as originally mistakenly posted on United's website. The knives that Hibben made for use in the film were D2. Gil worked with United and the replicas will be accurately made from original prototypes.

The cheap "Officially Licensed" (licensed to use the "Rambo" name only) knock-offs being made by Master Cutlery and sold by Master and Hollywood Collectables Group were not authorized by Gil and it's just another case of a knifemakers work being ripped off. If you support and respect knifemakers and all of the work they put into creating our passion for knives, please buy the authentic United version and not the rip-offs.

I must be totally out of the loop. For some reason I thought United Cutlery went out of business not too long after Camillus.

Nice knife, and it's great they're using forged 1060. Good tough steel, perfectly suited for it's purpose.

Back