Rambo V

Typically a jumper will wear the blade on the lower leg, not due to the thought that the blade will push through the sheath, but for ease of access in the air and the risk of the handle getting caught on risers or other parachute parts.

And do they still use Ranger Bands to secure gear? .....Knives....

KLBlog%2B940.jpg

I often see such posted about the Condor sheaths. I find the Condor sheaths use inferior "leather" and that they suck. I end up buying replacement sheaths from LT Wright which are made by JRE Industries.
It's because they use mosty brown leather and all brown leather sucks, once you go black you don't go back. :D 444

And do they still use Ranger Bands to secure gear? .....Knives....

KLBlog%2B940.jpg

That brought a smile to my face. I haven't seen rolls of ranger bands for quite some time. :)

Well how did he get the Combat Action Ribbon then !?!?
Good question. Wikipedia is our friend:
The medals and service awards are either mentioned in dialogue or displayed on Rambo's uniform within the Rambo franchise. In the "Rambo Prepares Knife" deleted scene from Rambo III, Rambo's "Class A" uniform can clearly be seen in his footlocker with the following 13 ribbons. Although his rank isn't revealed, the cross-arrows of a special forces officer on his uniform suggest he was probably an officer.

Additionally, in this same scene, Rambo's Social Security Number is revealed: 936-01-1758. However, the Social Security Administration does not issue a SSN with the prefix 936. Citizens in Arizona, Rambo's home state, are issued SSNs with the prefixes 526–527, 600–601, and 764–765. This was probably done to avoid the chances that Rambo's fictional SSN would match that of a real living person.

In a measure of discontinuity within the storyline, Rambo's Silver Stars and Distinguished Service Cross were missing from his ribbon rack as well as the National Defense Medal and the Good Conduct Medal, both of which he would have been awarded. However, if an officer as suggested, he would not possess one unless he had been an enlisted man for at least three years before being commissioned. Officers were not awarded Good Conduct Medals.

• Combat Action Ribbon – This award is actually for US Navy, Coast Guard and Marine personnel, He was awarded one for a joint-service operation with USMC 2nd Battalion 3rd Marines in Battle of Khe Sanh 1968.
  • Vietnam Wound Medal – This award is actually a South Vietnamese (ARVN) forces medal and was seldom awarded to US forces, even if it was awarded to a US serviceman, he would not be permitted to wear it on his dress uniform because it is basically a foreign nations variation of the Purple Heart.

I often see such posted about the Condor sheaths. I find the Condor sheaths use inferior "leather" and that they suck. I end up buying replacement sheaths from LT Wright which are made by JRE Industries.
I don't have any problem with Condor's leather sheaths in general. The only one I have that lacks retention is the one for the Hudson Bay. But it's almost like a little machete. Don't have a problem with it at all.

On Sky's IG, he posted a picture of one of the new RV Knives. He described it as the "Small one"...It's designed and made by Dietmar Pohl and Pohl Force Knives.

That doesn't look like a cowboy's knife. o_O

Last edited:
Oooh what about the original one from the first movie? Nostalgic! I can’t help it it im all in! Born in 80 and love me some old school action flicks. Can’t wait for Rambo 30 nursing home assault!! Loll

Reactions: TAH
I love it, I would enjoy seeing a bit of modern and a bit of old school in the larger blade! An old bowie with that “Rambo” clip point would be fantastic!

Reactions: TAH
Back