Random Thought Thread

oof! Glad I got the pooch out for a walk this morning, before the smoke blew in. Next few days are gonna SUCK!
QBqUXK2.png
I'm so over this post-apocalyptic Mad Max cosplay shit:mad::(

20200911_181508.jpg

QzakMX8.jpg

This smoke sucks but compared to Tuesday when it looked like half the state of Oregon might burn it’s not bad. We had an wind storm on a 100+ degree day with 10% or less humidity. We had forest fires that took out five towns that I know of. Firefighters had to work really hard to save some big cities too. If the wind would of lasted another day I think a dozen or more counties could of been on full evacuation and no place to go. I have read that something like 500k to a million aces burned in 24 hours. They are still trying to figure out what all happed

The day turned to night. I didn’t even know that was a thing!!

Ed

^wtf happened

We don’t know the full story yet. I heard a really loud bang behind me, I was standing on the opposite side of the silo on the right hand side of the pic with my back to the silos, saw grain pouring out of the bottom then the silo came down. Called the belt system to an emergency stop and ran to secure the train.

It happened yesterday afternoon so I’m sure more info will come out soon.

We don’t know the full story yet. I heard a really loud bang behind me, I was standing on the opposite side of the silo on the right hand side of the pic with my back to the silos, saw grain pouring out of the bottom then the silo came down. Called the belt system to an emergency stop and ran to secure the train.

It happened yesterday afternoon so I’m sure more info will come out soon.

Better in and down than out and up with grain silos. Stay safe Justin.

Took a photo of the sun a little before noon today. I am longing for very-unhealthy or unhealthy air quality these days. We haven't been down below 400 for days, and there have been pikes up over 700! (The scale only goes to 500, so the spikes are literally off the charts)

0000020200912_123645.jpg

Still, the apocalyptic gloom, ashtray smell, and toxic air is still preferable to the fear of everything burning when the winds were blowing the other day. That hot smoky wind at night felt like a doorway to hell.

Glad you’re out of the danger zone. I’m actually ok as well in Vancouver, but it just feels like one more 2020 kick in the nuts. Areas that have never burned since they’ve been settled are dissapearing, kind of like Australia earlier this year.

Winston

So talking to others from the UK,seems everyone is struggling to import anything from the US.
Kinda pants situation.
Is the reality that they rely so much on passenger planes to move parcels that there is just not the capacity due to reduced flights?
I give up :(

Stay safe AD, this was Kalama about 0900, and Vancouver isn’t much better.

View attachment 1417957

View attachment 1417956

As bad as it is, I know it’s so much worse for those who have lost homes, towns, and loved ones. My heart goes out to those people and I’m grateful that my sore chest pales in comparison.

Winston

Yeah I work outside in Vancouver, BC. I’ve been outside every day since it started and as of today I now have a sore chest. At least the temps came down because I was sweating my ass off earlier in the week.

I’m hoping for rain soon.

I’m hoping for rain soon.

As am I!!

You won't want that sorta rain any time soon!

Oh trust me, I’m ready for a good deluge of biblical proportions!! Knock down these fires and wash all the soot away.

A couple of my favorite things about living are a good rain after a dry, hot summer and a dry, hot summer after a cold, rainy winter... May sound odd to some, but if grew up in the PNW you can probably relate.

Winston

Back