Recommendations for small/tiny quality folders

Can/would you carry an auto? Because of California auto laws there are several good sub-2" autos out there. A "customized" protech will take you into "midtech" territory.

You'd have to "leg close" them.

Can/would you carry an auto? Because of California auto laws there are several good sub-2" autos out there. A "customized" protech will take you into "midtech" territory.

You'd have to "leg close" them.

Those sound good. I have a Kershaw Launch 4 that I have zero problems closing with my hand. I've become much more dexterous since losing the use of my left arm. I've been considering getting one of those for awhile now. It won't be long before I do.

Those sound good. I have a Kershaw Launch 4 that I have zero problems closing with my hand. I've become much more dexterous since losing the use of my left arm. I've been considering getting one of those for awhile now. It won't be long before I do.
Protech makes reliable autos. Personally, I also think the high-end ones are quite good-looking, though I've only ever bought the low-end versions.

I'm currently inseparable from my Busker. Best small knife I've come across in a long time, especially if you like flipping and fidgeting for days.

I also want to get the new Spyderco McBee. So tiny!

That's probably what I'll end up getting. I was just wondering if there are any other knives that fall into the same category.

As far as ones with front flipping action, I can't think of any unless you start looking into some of the custom South African knifemakers and then you're probably pushing into the $700+ range.

I always give Olamic the press they deserve, especially after meeting Eugene at Bladeshow this year. You can't go wrong with the Busker. Build one on their website, dude!

Hello, I prefer small 2.5" or less folders. I have a Hoback MK Ultra and love it, but I don't want anything larger than that. My left arm is paralyzed, so I also need it to be one hand friendly. I've been thinking about the Curtiss F3 Compact & Nano and the Olamic Busker. I also love the CRK Mnandi, but it's not as one hand friendly as I would like. I would love to hear your recommendations on some good, uncommon, lesser known mid tech to high-end small knives for me. Thank you.

Spyderco Techno. They are releasing a Techno 2 either shortly or already have. For another great tough Spyderco that is even smaller check out the new Spyderco McBee.

Something really tiny; Rike Hummingbird

Spyderco Flathead is also quite small, you can wear it around your neck like a dog tag too so it will always be easily accessible.

Also I don’t know if Autos are legal where you live but there are quite small Protech knives. Then there is the 2.4 inch otf auto UTX-70 from Microtech.

Another one is the Bestech Goblin.

There are alot of good options out there. Some knife websites let you filter by blade length

Blade HQ: has no 2.5 inch and under filter, but has a 2 inch or less filter. You might try some other sites which may have filters more exact to your desires.

Blade HQ folders under 2 inch: https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Manual-Knives--45#/filter:blade_length:*:2

Last edited:
I’ve gotten very adept at opening and closing my Benchmade Mini-Griptillian with one hand. I have the sheepsfoot blade version. It’s a nice little knife. :thumbsup:

I'm currently inseparable from my Busker. Best small knife I've come across in a long time, especially if you like flipping and fidgeting for days.

I also want to get the new Spyderco McBee. So tiny!

Yup, me too. I already got in on the order for the McBee on BHQ

Spyderco Techno. They are releasing a Techno 2 either shortly or already have. For another great tough Spyderco that is even smaller check out the new Spyderco McBee.

Spyderco Flathead is also quite small, you can wear it around your neck like a dog tag too so it will always be easily accessible.

Also I don’t know if Autos are legal where you live but there are quite small Protech knives. Then there is the 2.4 inch otf auto UTX-70 from Microtech.

There are alot of good options out there. Some knife websites let you filter by blade length

Blade HQ: has no 2.5 inch and under filter, but has a 2 inch or less filter. You might try some other sites which may have filters more exact to your desires.

Blade HQ folders under 2 inch: https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Manual-Knives--45#/filter:blade_length:*:2

I plan on buying a Techno 2 as soon as they're released. I already got in on the order for the McBee on BHQ

Yup, I already got in on the order for the McBee on BHQ and I will be buying the Techno 2 as soon as it is released.

As far as the Rike Hummingbird, I have one in blue and love it. It is absolutely gorgeous. The next time MD does another drop, I'll be picking up a couple more.

I’ve gotten very adept at opening and closing my Benchmade Mini-Griptillian with one hand. I have the sheepsfoot blade version. It’s a nice little knife. :thumbsup:
I have a 556-1, but I rarely use it. I prefer smaller.

I plan on buying a Techno 2 as soon as they're released. I already got in on the order for the McBee on BHQ

Yup, I already got in on the order for the McBee on BHQ and I will be buying the Techno 2 as soon as it is released.

As far as the Rike Hummingbird, I have one in blue and love it. It is absolutely gorgeous. The next time MD does another drop, I'll be picking up a couple more.
Curtis Nano or Curtis Dog?

Factor Equipment Bit?
TIlHjJG.jpg

wow, thanks for mentioning that techno 2 - it looks great, to me, and I'm not normally a fan of spydy aesthetics

For over 2 bills however, it seems a bit on the expensive side for a small folder
I hope they come down to 150 or so, I'd probably cross the threshold

The RIKE HUMMINGBIRD if a 1-1/2" amazingly good little flipper is not too small.
One finger is all you need to open this one. Its' the bottom knife in post # 34.

Shown here too:

Ray

Last edited:
Protech has a few small auto's that could be neat for one-hand open if you're allowed to carry. For auto's, assist, and lockbacks I generally use the back of my leg to close them one handed. Same thing for slipjoints.

Speaking of slipjoints, some of spyderco's slipjoints are pretty neat and are somewhere in that size range usually. All but the roadie have the spydie hole so are easy to open one-handed and there a few sprints that get premium steels.

What about Quest Knives?

I'm assuming a flipper and lockbar are easy enough to operate for you. They have the Kutzu 2.2 Flipper with tons of custom options and the Kwaiken 2.0 Wharncliffe that should be small in the pocket. They've been on my list if I ever have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Not sure if I can link them here, but Google should point you in the right direction.

Back